Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Total war between guilds

So many polls lately  

243 members have voted

1. 1. Would you use the enemy guild option?

• Sure
    • No
    • I am an idiot that isn't a figter but just wants to vote for the sake of it.

Jez,

I noticed ur a/d is not zero which means u must have shed blood somewhere or something in ur el career. I see animals killed in every map i go to as well as ppl from the animals.

To my EL family

I voted yes since pk is almost dead, it will bring a lot more life and excitment to pking. As Ent has said more than once if u r afraid of being attacked dont be dumb enough to put a guild as ur enemy, it's ur choice if u do,.

hugs

Um, Surfy, a/d starts at 3, not 0, but Jez, how were you able to just happen to misclick on that panda and kill it? And how were you forced to kill the rabit if you put your ideals so high in your gaming(which is a very good thing)?

Honestly, it was not commented at making fun of Jez at all. Personally, I myself never liked the idea of fighting animals at first. Though, it was something that had to be done in order to get past the innitial stages in the game. However, if people are that offended at a harmless joke, than perhaps the game is more ready for war than it realizes.

omg the carebears in this game... :o

I voted yes to this idea, they have the same kinda thing in SRO and it works great there, i dont see why ppl are getting all scared and quitting lol.

Only problem i see, is high lvl fighters leaving there guilds to join newb guilds while they are warring (for HELP..) Maybe there should also be like a 3 hours wait to join another guild if u get kicked.

Disclaimer: What I post is not ment to offend or insult anyone's intelegence of game playing practices nor hurt any ego and pride of those who've made so much code for this game. Please do not flame or idly insult any comment I make without offering solustions or state things I have over looked. Please do not take anything I say personally because I only intend to enlighting in the most tackful way I can. Finally, my spelling is not godly so forgive me if I spell some words the way they sound instead of how they are correctly writen. With that said:

From my experience of games and people's mentalities, I've seen a lot of people set up guild like dictatorships where they promote and band members over small things like hurt pride and ego. I admit there has been times where I've wished to summon title waves of razor blades and iodine on people who's said hurtful words when I only intended to be kind and helpful.

Therefore, if you allow any guild to declair war on another guild then such small things like one bad guild member bag jumping for spite can causes tons of hate and hurt from his actions for there guilds. In addition to that we are going to have be extreamly delicate with guild leaders who are out for personal gain at the cost of everyone around them.

This next thing may be over the top but I'm going to say it anyways. The question we are voting on was offensive to me because I'm one of those "idiot non-fighters." I'm a crafter in your game, as in one who make things not just making jewlery, because it's something I can't really do in life. The consaquence of this is IF all terrirories become free to attack any guild declaired as 'enemy' then there will be no safe spot to create items if you remain in a guild. I've cornered markets in games and this looks like a great way to force other players to stop selling product and jack up prices for the goods only you can make.

I do enjoy the game for the one fact that I can hang out and talk with members of the game via chat room style convo's by just belonging to a great guild. If you impliment this feature then I will have to pick between crafting or just hanging out in hell to chat with buddies. I don't want to be forced into hell to talk to friends and I do like wasting time making stuff. I don't want to have to choice between theo only two things in this game I enjoy.

How would I fix this so we can still have this feature and "idiot non-fighters" like myself can still enjoy this game? 1.) Make sure that no guild can declair war on any person whos not in a guild but allow for guilds to have "Lee-a-zons" or "guild spys" who can #gm to their guild but not be flagged as member of any guild. Therefore, I still can #gm to my guild which I'm in, but I'm not on the 'hit list.' For "Spies and Lee-a-zons" if they do join in on the fighting they will have a "temporary enemy flag" for 30 minutes. That temporary enemy flag will be reset if some one attacks them or they attack some one else. In addition you can have npc assassins for hire to target single individuals in a guild so that you don't have to declair war on a whole guild to get the little bastard who needs to get his face stomped in. Another thing for this is to add guards to what is caled "safe zones" so that they can kill any one who comes in to fight another player. The guards (many of them per safe zone) are 1337! (elite) and can charge in to kill the fight starters as well as to take items items from the death bag and storage to meet the fine for fighting in a "Safe Zone." The target will get some compensations for being attacked but it's not as much as the fine to the attacker, say 25% of the fine. Finally remove the fight icon from the right click icon cycle when you are in a "safe zone." I don't want to be in a safe zone like a storage and have the fight icon to come up when I'm trying to talk to the storage master in the middle of a crowd.

OR 2.) Get a second server which is a PK server and add all these great new pk fighting ideas to that one so us "idiot non-fighters" don't have to be part of it.

I prefer that this feature is not added. To add it and do it right is not going to be a small feat. Which every way you go, please take in consideration of us "idiot non-fighter." Thank you.

Please don't flame, ban or block my ip. My words are not ment to offend or insult anyone. I have only ment to give my insite on what could make things work better. I appoligize if anyones feelings have been hurt by anything I've said.

I understand what you are saying..and believe me..it took several weeks before I was able to kill my first bunny..bout 3 years ago..and ONLY coz i was forced to do it..I had to close my eyes when i attacked it..and still..call me crazy..I say a little prayer for a roadkill..and i apologise to the creatures I kill..

I wonder how you stay alive in RL. You must not eat meat or drive a car that emits poisonous gasses or eat vegetables cause then animals would starve to death or walk cause you'd trample on cute little bugsies :o

Seriously - there's limits to one's dislike of pk and 'being offended by the *sight* of people killing eachother' is very likely one of them.

1.) Make sure that no guild can declair war on any person whos not in a guild but allow for guilds to have "Lee-a-zons" or "guild spys" who can #gm to their guild but not be flagged as member of any guild. Therefore, I still can #gm to my guild which I'm in, but I'm not on the 'hit list.' For "Spies and Lee-a-zons" if they do join in on the fighting they will have a "temporary enemy flag" for 30 minutes. That temporary enemy flag will be reset if some one attacks them or they attack some one else.

Its a great idea, except that I know every guild will have everybody do that, and essentually make sneak attacks on guild members.

Whats that discussion for ? It's lovely idea ! We all really waited ages for thing like that ! Go for it ! Voted 'sure' of course !

Guest ohmygod

I voted yes,

I was thinking same lines as trollson 2 guilds 1 for the War Party members and 1 for non pk members.

Need to fix the pvp in non pk maps issue

I do not like set time for war thing either. should be able to change when ever you want, server message must be sent to other guild to let them know the change in stance.

To non pk guilds dont make enemies. you can make allie without consent. but people cannot make all out war without consent

I dont get what is so bad about killing an animal on this GAME. As i said, it is just a game, its not real life, if an animal dies, it comes back, its ok! Your not sinning or anything like that by killing an ingame animal im almost positive

I dont get what is so bad about killing an animal on this GAME. As i said, it is just a game, its not real life, if an animal dies, it comes back, its ok! Your not sinning or anything like that by killing an ingame animal im almost positive

I think its time to drop it. Jez was very brave stating that in a game where a lot of people like the violence part. Its good to always go by your own rules, so why dont you stop trying to change others.

I think its time to drop it. Jez was very brave stating that in a game where a lot of people like the violence part. Its good to always go by your own rules, so why dont you stop trying to change others.

I like this idea VERY much, the idea of a somehow outlaw'ish spirit :P There should be a command so you can pvp with others. Temporarily off course. :o

Its a great idea, and will work very well just as long as no experience is given when fighting an enemy guild on a non-pk map. This should prevent abuse for training.

And as already stated, I agree that IP and the underworlds should be excluding from this feature.

(And if you disagree, PKing is about killing someone you don't like, and getting rid of their rostogol stones/getting their DBs, not about experience per fight, correct?)

Also, sorry if I missed this in another post (it was 7 pages long by the time I got to it >_<), but if the enemy command is inacted (or even the peace command), there should be a time limit until another like command on that guild can be used (maybe a period of 1-2 ingame days).

Edited by Acelon

Basicaly i like this idea, however i thing that it would be better, if guild in war, were able to kill each other just during some period of day, eg night.

This could give some time to players to prepare for battle.

edit: or maybe the total war option could be possible just during normal days.(or special pk day)

Edited by doubledee

Basicaly i like this idea, however i thing that it would be better, if guild in war, were able to kill each other just during some period of day, eg night.

Wow, that is one very good idea.

I think I will implement it.

Wow, that is one very good idea.

I think I will implement it.

I can see night coming and people running around in a mad rush to either gear up, or to hide. Then there would be those that stand around laughing and making sarcastic remarks at them. :P

sounds fun! :wacko:

I like the idea in general. Warring guilds will suffer for sure. Weak members may leave, Recruitment will be a problem for a while. Production will be a problem. Losses will be a problem. If a guild is at war, where do the supplies come from? A warring guild could be forced to use it's strong fighters to stand guard over it's alchemists, potioners, manu'ers etc, so even the fighters would not have much fun unless anyone actually attacks!

Of course! It is war, it is not supposed to be nice! There may be some guilds that are constantly warring, these guilds would undoubtably find life a lot more difficult as a result. Most wars would be short lived though, and Most guilds would rarely, if ever, go to war.

One rider though - IMO it is paramount that those not involved in the war are unaffected. This means that areas of high traffic would be safe from ill effects such as lag and/or overcrowding- Storages for sure, IP for sure, and either no fighting in the underworld, or a seperate underworld for war casualties (maybe a portal room to prevent the problem of camping at the spawn or only path out). Alternatively an NPC or bot(s) selling things that would be useful to dead warriors (TP rings?)

You have the choice, and the freedom to..close your eyes. Or you have the choice, and the freedom to change maps. No one would be strapping you to the wall, stapling your eyelids open and securing your eyeballs in the direction of the *slaughter*.

Has someone been watching A Clockwork Orange? You are my first EL hero for this comment.

Anyway,

This feature adds function to guilds. I like the idea but am disappointed about the no exp. on non-pk maps. It would be nice to train pvp without uninvited guests. hint hint. Since the PKers will be able to fight anywhere maybe the arenas could be changed to training purposes. The arenas could be set up to only admit two people that agree to engage in a fight. An NPC could be set up. You would sign in with him/her & choose from a list of others currently available. When your turn came up you would be notified. To avoid people being on the list & not in the area, you would be removed from the list if you are not local or you do not enter the arena after a full minute after being notified. Perhaps you wouldn't even lose items from dying and you would be transported outside the arena rather than the underworld with your diminished health. This would more closely resemble training. Some arenas could be set up to have a king of the hill type feature. A player would remain in the arena until they were bested by another. One on one of course. In this case, players would drop items and go to the underworld.

I like the idea but am disappointed about the no exp. on non-pk maps. It would be nice to train pvp without uninvited guests. hint hint.

I never liked the idea of PvP. I find it to be borderline exploiting the game mechanics, but since so many people enjoy it, I tollerate it.

However, I am not going to make it even easier than it is.

Sorry If I repeat some of whats been said, not enough time to read through the topic....

I reckon a must is for all deaths outside of pk from warring guilds should not drop dbs, this would stop a lot of controversy (not all) for non fighters that are in warring guilds...

I voted no, because unless something along them lines gets put in with it, many people will suffer!!

I voted no, because unless something along them lines gets put in with it, many people will suffer!!

lol.. it's war.. by choice but still.... it's war... :wacko:

you say by choice.... but that is incorrect. It is by the people in the guild who are able to chooses choice!!

people will suffer because there will be guild leaders who will want to start wars with not everyone in the guild agreeing, and so will course interguild conflict, then maybe split guilds or people will get rejected from guilds.

By doing this in reailty will probably result in there being less and less mixed skilled guilds, as all the pkers will want wars and non-pkers won't.

But I guess if the majority want this then so be it... it shouldn't effect me :wacko: