Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Total war between guilds

So many polls lately  

243 members have voted

1. 1. Would you use the enemy guild option?

• Sure
    • No
    • I am an idiot that isn't a figter but just wants to vote for the sake of it.

-- Removing the option to gain exp, imo, takes everything that would possibly good about this idea away.

-- Not having safe zones of any kind leads to a large chance of problems. Am guessing the issue with the safe zones being implimented is coding issues, but, idk. Which have currently been stated, i.e. constantly slaughtered right out of the underworld. (To me, thats just leading to a lot of potential drama.) Either add in safe zones or add in a time-out period where if a person is killed in combat they cannot engage/or be engaged in combat for a period of time.

-- Easy way to fix placing your mixers, lower level characters, civilians, in danger is sub-guilds. Your main guild fights, your sub guild does not. Common practice in other waring games.

-- As far as the lag/storage issue. That's one of those "if your computer doesn't support the game you don't play." Although I think enclosed storages should not be used as combat areas. (granted, this could lead to fighting your way to a storage, but that would be part of challenge.)

-- If its a mutual declare of war I think its fine. If guild a has guild b set to enemy but guild b does not have guild a set to enemy and a can still attack guild b than it is imo, bad form.

I like the idea, but I would not vote yes at this time under the current no-safe zone idea. I think that is potential for major problems. I do like the idea of war. War is good.

i voted yes for this idea. probably my guild (Dao) will never use this feature but i liked the idea. brings more fun to game :|

Fun?? how can it be fun when pp, who choose NOT to kill another person, are forced to watch other people slaughter eachother?

This isnt MU, or Guildwars, or any other game that revolves around fighting and killing eachother!

This is Eternal Lands..where people are encouraged to WORK together..all ages, all classes, all religions, all colours!

By God..we just worked together to get the Global Warning System up..and now we are being encouraged to turn against eachother..now we are being forced to watch people kill eachother?

No! Killing of another citizen of this World should be done in seperate places..so we all have the freedom to go see and join that if we choose..and those who choose not too, should be not forced to watch it..

Jez

I see a future is smaller guilds using this for easy PvP, two small guild make each other enemy's, and they will be able to pvp peacefully whereever they want.

I do like the idea though, and wouldn't mind the peaceful pvp

i voted yes for this idea. probably my guild (Dao) will never use this feature but i liked the idea. brings more fun to game :|

Fun?? how can it be fun when pp, who choose NOT to kill another person, are forced to watch other people slaughter eachother?

This isnt MU, or Guildwars, or any other game that revolves around fighting and killing eachother!

This is Eternal Lands..where people are encouraged to WORK together..all ages, all classes, all religions, all colours!

By God..we just worked together to get the Global Warning System up..and now we are being encouraged to turn against eachother..now we are being forced to watch people kill eachother?

No! Killing of another citizen of this World should be done in seperate places..so we all have the freedom to go see and join that if we choose..and those who choose not too, should be not forced to watch it..

Jez

This is game from people for people, do you know why MMORPG's are so cool? becouse you can do everything what you can't do in RL. And bellive me, people like kill other people(i hope in games only), we like fight, we like kill enemies and defend friends, we like win! We just like fight... And i like watch when people kill eachother, of course not when 100 a/d guy kill another guy with 30 a/d. But fight is good and this is only game remember this.

Edited by brein

overall i like the idea of sitting at Raven and watching two enemies kill each other..just my opinion...

seriously tho, if u are not in a guild does this affect you in any way? :)

and btw i agree with zanadu <---edit

Edited by CrunchyUncle

If u dont want to be PKed in any mapjust dont tur on any guild at Enemy Flag... easy...

That will be fun and will raise economy activities...

If u dont want to be PKed in any mapjust dont tur on any guild at Enemy Flag... easy...

Yep but how you can read we are talking about what next after you "turn on Enemy flag"...

Edited by brein

Jez

well.. i always like to watch fights in EL and i also fight sometimes. im in a peaceful guild but that doesnt mean we cant pk. fighting with animals and monsters is ok but fighting with people is slaughter. i dont get it

Jez

You have the choice, and the freedom to..close your eyes. Or you have the choice, and the freedom to change maps. No one would be strapping you to the wall, stapling your eyelids open and securing your eyeballs in the direction of the *slaughter*.

You have the choice, and the freedom to..close your eyes. Or you have the choice, and the freedom to change maps. No one would be strapping you to the wall, stapling your eyelids open and securing your eyeballs in the direction of the *slaughter*.

How to do he with closed eyes :o ? And for really in fight is nothing wrong...

Watch this http://video.google.pl/videoplay?docid=-42...q=eternal+lands or this http://video.google.pl/videoplay?docid=147...q=eternal+lands and tell me you don't like it. Fight is exciting and cool for most of people.

PS. And sry for off top :P Please back to idea...

Edited by brein

Jez, with all due respect-- war, despite how graphic it can be portrayed is the fundemental of bringing people that much closer together. Causes them to work even more like a team than they would normally do so. War has potential to flurish economy and so many other aspects. Soldiers do of course die, but that is what they were bred to do. It is in their blood, and of course they know that everytime they go to war there is always the chance of death. And again, this is a game.. Kill someone in a video game is a lot better than punching them in the jaw in real life. :o And as was stated, people fight animals and monsters on non-pk maps all the time. Does it not bring tears to your eyes to see poor lil' bunnies slaughtered? Declaring war makes it consensual.-- that poor bunny did not have a choice to die!

They are also guilds who fighters as well as alch/manu/potion/har ect. The wars give the fighters sense of fighting for their guild, and possibly show the other peoples hard work. If you have a guild 50% fighters, who do you want mad at you, the fighters because they cant have wars, or everyone else because their being PK'd because thay supply fighters(or someone just wants to)

Edited by flea

Jez, with all due respect-- war, despite how graphic it can be portrayed is the fundemental of bringing people that much closer together. Causes them to work even more like a team than they would normally do so. War has potential to flurish economy and so many other aspects. Soldiers do of course die, but that is what they were bred to do. It is in their blood, and of course they know that everytime they go to war there is always the chance of death. And again, this is a game.. Kill someone in a video game is a lot better than punching them in the jaw in real life. :o And as was stated, people fight animals and monsters on non-pk maps all the time. Does it not bring tears to your eyes to see poor lil' bunnies slaughtered? Declaring war makes it consensual.-- that poor bunny did not have a choice to die!

I understand what you are saying..and believe me..it took several weeks before I was able to kill my first bunny..bout 3 years ago..and ONLY coz i was forced to do it..I had to close my eyes when i attacked it..and still..call me crazy..I say a little prayer for a roadkill..and i apologise to the creatures I kill..I clicked on a panda oncesby mistake..killed it and..and send myself to beam..and forced myself in saying 36 Hail Radus to purify myself..

Am I crazy? yes..I am a bit I guess..for loving this World so much that i put my daily values in it..bringing in my rl personality in it..for that..call me crazy..

But I do NOT wanna see people I know in this World getting slaughtered..friend OR foe..

Close your eyes? change maps? Why? am i forced to bring telerings everywhere now so i must dissengage from a VIEW i dont wanna see?

Come on..thats ridiculous..leave the Killing Players to PK areas..and let me and my soulmates walking the Grounds of Eternal Lands in peace..if you please..

Jez

mkay, change your camera angle. Zoom in on a flower.. something.

:o

It is ridiculous to expect in this situation your wants to be fullfilled just because you don't like to look... If you don't like to look, there are many things you can do to not see what goes on in EL on a daily basis, without using rings or physically closing your eyes. Just because pk is, at the moment, restricted to specific areas that you choose not to grace with your presence, does not mean that it doesn't happen.

I understand what you are saying..and believe me..it took several weeks before I was able to kill my first bunny..bout 3 years ago..and ONLY coz i was forced to do it..I had to close my eyes when i attacked it..and still..call me crazy..I say a little prayer for a roadkill..and i apologise to the creatures I kill..I clicked on a panda oncesby mistake..killed it and..and send myself to beam..and forced myself in saying 36 Hail Radus to purify myself..

Am I crazy? yes..I am a bit I guess..for loving this World so much that i put my daily values in it..bringing in my rl personality in it..for that..call me crazy..

But I do NOT wanna see people I know in this World getting slaughtered..friend OR foe..

Close your eyes? change maps? Why? am i forced to bring telerings everywhere now so i must dissengage from a VIEW i dont wanna see?

Come on..thats ridiculous..leave the Killing Players to PK areas..and let me and my soulmates walking the Grounds of Eternal Lands in peace..if you please..

Jez

I have to say you are really originaly, and again think about my idea:

Guys if you wanna big battles with guild who have wars do special maps where only guilds with oficial war can fight, today this is impossible becouse other people(out from guilds who have war) attacked fighters from both guilds and big battles are almost impossible...

jeze, if u despise killing things how did u get strong enough to kill the panda u misclicked on? and does that mean u dont like the fur that is needed to do certain things and skills?

Voted yes i dont pk what so ever, but if theres gonna be a allie function there has to be enemie one as well plus you can sit and watch random fights starting off whilst making stuff :o

Edited by Athel's

Jez , why been negative by closing your eye while your friends are dieing ??

be positive and bring some HEs ,MEs , SRs and start healing your friend ... and he will own :mace::o:P

edit : btw , am not being funny ..... this gona be pepular if this war commands implemented (healing friends/allied)

Edited by fullmetal_aj

New thread coming soon: Animal rights. Boycot items requiring fur. Could have potential for some good RP.

omg give the break different people thinks differently...

guys, dont poke fun at jezebelle, i was asking a serious question, i wasnt trying to poke fun at her, refrain from running anyfurther off topic than we have already, return to topic and forget these last few posts. ty