Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Total war between guilds

So many polls lately  

243 members have voted

1. 1. Would you use the enemy guild option?

• Sure
    • No
    • I am an idiot that isn't a figter but just wants to vote for the sake of it.

I am starting to implement a "set allied guild" thingy, where if you set a guild as your ally, your guild players won't be able to attack their guild players, and the summoned animals will do the same.

Note that this will not require mutuality. For example, if you set your guild as an ally, but they don't reciprocate your action, they will still be able to attack you, while you won't be able to attack them.

One other idea is to also implement the opposite of this command, so you can set a guild as an enemy guild.

If they also do the same with your guild, it will be "total war" between your two guilds, which means you will be able to attack them in any map, and so will they.

There will be the complementary commands too, to make peace with a guild (remove the enemy flag) and to break an alliance.

So what do you think, and what problems do you forsee? And for fuck's sake, read this post a few times before asking idiotic questions such as: "can they attack me if I set them as allies but they don't set my guild as an ally?".

And would you use those features?

Many allied guilds train with each other. I think this would be a great idea if they could still somehow train.

Just don't set them as ally..

btw: this gives unfair advantage to people who are rich irl and spend lots of $ imo!

Edited by Atlantis

Many allied guilds train with each other. I think this would be a great idea if they could still somehow train.

One of those could leave the guild for training (ask to get kicked from guild) and join again after training.

Piper

Do you guys see, what's the pool question about? It's not about this ally idea. It's about "total war" idea.

EDIT: I see.. I've got it wrong.. So it's like this. Still, it's a strange option... but it won't bother peaceful guilds, so it's ok. One vote from "nope" to "yeep".

Edited by szczupaczek

I've been hoping for something like this to happen, sounds great to me!

but, as ghrae had mentioned, a lot of allied guilds train with each other. that's the only downside that i can think of.

what happens if i agree with an ally guild that we both set our guilds to enemy so we can pvp safely in a non pk map?

im assuming that by total war on any map you meant non pk maps too? If not disregard this :)

love the idea though

I agree with Ghrae.

Do you guys see, what's the pool question about? It's not about this ally idea. It's about "total war" idea.

I'm against. Once one guild set war to everyone, it would mean they can attack everyone everywhere.

no, your guild has to set the other guild to war, too

so only if both guilds set the war flag, attack is possible

And for fuck's sake, read this post a few times before asking idiotic questions such as: "can they attack me if I set them as allies but they don't set my guild as an ally?"

As long as the enemy guilds didn't auto attack you in case you were unprepared - I don't think you covered that. And while I'm at it...since the game is rather civilized in its tone when in-game, and we don't cuss because of children who play; and since the GM with the link to these posts go out to EVERYONE, including the children playing, should the words posted by "teh god" be just as civilized as in the game?

I think most parents would appreciate it...but I'm NOT trying to make teh god angry either :)

Happy Hunting All!

Doobius

I vote against the whole idea.

As Ghrae said - many allies train with each other, and removing alliance / kicking member every time they want to do so won't be too convinient.

If both guilds need to flag each other as enemies, I think this won't be used too frequently. Almost every guild have some mixers that do not want to be PKed everywhere they go...

Edited by Lotheneil

Sounds like a great base idea :)

One other idea is to also implement the opposite of this command, so you can set a guild as an enemy guild.

If they also do the same with your guild, it will be "total war" between your two guilds, which means you will be able to attack them in any map, and so will they.

The only issue I see (other than the already mentioned problem with training) would be: mutual enemy guilds (those set for "total war") would have no crafters, potioners, etc., as these people would be killed while harvesting, making their products, etc. The guilds would have no choice but to consist of 100% fighters.

I dont think this is very fair, because Non Pk Guilds that have enemys, will have to fight other Guilds if they also set Enemy. This is going to create some Problems.

Note that this will not require mutuality. For example, if you set your guild as an ally, but they don't reciprocate your action, they will still be able to attack you, while you won't be able to attack them.

ummm... this says it all... doesnt have to mutual.. sounds like a bad idea for me... as im not a strong fighter and you dont have to be a fighter to have an enemy... yeah.. ouch :)

Poe

one problem I see is the possible abuse of turning war on/off, if it doesn't have a time limit/etc. for example, one side could break the war state temporarily while they need to do something like a guild project. or, if they know the other side is set up for that, and haven't set war on themselves, they can find the best possible time to turn it on (less of a problem)

I'm also hoping you plan to set certain areas that aren't PK-capable, even to waring guilds, like IP, storages, other high traffic areas, if not, that could cause some issues

and finally (for now), though not inherent in this particular idea, the issue of guild alliances/wars down the chain is a problem... if guild A allies with guild B, and guild B allies with guild C, should A and C ally? if it's automatic, that's highly prone to abuse (or you're really, really careful about who you war/ally with... and you hope some miniguild you're at war with doesn't expand your war by allying with a major one)... so it has to be manual... that can cause problems with lack of communication, however, so I'll ask that there be a way to make guild ally/war status publically available (to all people, to allied/warring guilds, whatever)

Guest longone

I hope this Total War idea will leave sertain save area's and wont also be global. There should be save area's too.

i think its a nice idea, but as i said: keep it to restricted area's and dont make it global.

I think that this idea is absurd. For some of those people that play the game and just want to enjoy it, this is changing the game to an evil setting where most people will suffer from the idea of dying by badly marked guilds. Yes i know if they arent marked that it is ok, but think about it. This is going too far with pk'ing and I think that by doing this, more people will leav guilds and possibly quit the game. I voted no to this outrageous idea.

Cyrus

That would hypothetically still enable the "fight everywhere" possibility.

I would:

- Create 2 guilds.

- Make them enemy.

- Make them bot controlled

- Autojoin one, and get my PvP partner to join the other

= Train at resources/storages/safe places (We can attack but others can't)

On the other hand I am against "total war". Why would we do such a thing? To bring up bad emotions? To get even more hatred and bad attitude into the game? While I know that this also creates virtues, I personally wouldn't like to have "WAR" in this game. I can't even grasp how big this word is, and what it really means, I definitely don't want it in a game I play.

Edited by xand