Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Changing the Ila Prima tavern color

Paint it white?  

216 members have voted

1. 1. Paint it white?

• Yes, white would be better!
    • No, let it as it is!

i dont see y, i mean ppl dont ask where they can buy a unicorn....

No, but they do ask if you can attack it, why you can't attack it, will they ever be able to attack it, do they ever show up in invasions, can they ride it, will we ever be able to ride them etc, etc, etc.

If a horse were tied up outside the tavern, or permanently stood outside there then they would ask. I want a horse, can we ride horses, where can I buy a horse, why can't we ride horses, why is there a horse at the tavern if we can't ride them, will we ever be able to ride them etc, etc, etc.

While white is pretty, eye appealing, etc. I voted no. The local chat and the channel chat is also white, so there will be a lot missed in both channels and local because people wont realize that their chat is being blocked by the color behind it. Snow maps have a similar issue.

White would be great but it has to have a black dragon on the front and have a sign "no Pets Allowed" please

and how about a white picket fence around it :icon13: that would look good

Edited by Flinto

put a horse logo and call the tavern the flying pony or something lol

Sorry but I think buying paint from EL shop needs to be stopped, to prevent future game imbalance.

what did i miss? buy paint eh? whats it

Read <you know how ... i hope> Thieves World Books Scarr ... figure out what The Vulgar Unicorn sign represents ... given what your personal game personality represents ... I think you'lll come onboard with the concept. <no insult intended>

Edited by Ikaris

i voted white but say if the noobs wer doing the tutorial npc quest whouldent u have to change them all becouse what whould one do? (ow yer pkers thing not guna work :icon13: ) what im about to say has nothing to do with the tavern thing but shouldent u update the encyclopedia on EL thers no summ stones thermal serps aug armor etc... that all i got to say.

As a top PKer and a much feared such, I always go to Isla Prima after cleaning out KF. And I agree the present color of the tavenr makes me go into a fit of rage. This rage forces me to set fire to things on IP, espcially that house or whatever it is supposed to be made out of logs near the beam.

If the color of the tavern was white I would be MUCH calmer and would probably bring sugar and pet the horse for at least one hour.

I would vote YES

White would be great but it has to have a black dragon on the front and have a sign "no Pets Allowed" please

and how about a white picket fence around it :) that would look good

No fence please, Bro. Fences get in the way and make it take longer to walk to doors (e.g. PL flower shop)

How about brown and white like some of the buildings in Irillion? A little bit of white won't get in the way of white messages.

LOL at the messages about newbies asking about horses and the one who wanted to buy spam.

put a horse logo and call the tavern the flying pony or something lol

Sorry but I think buying paint from EL shop needs to be stopped, to prevent future game imbalance.

what did i miss? buy paint eh? whats it

*sigh* more people who CAN'T SMEGGING READ!

We will have a new skill, painting, and you'll be able to manu paint and such.

erhmm, i read the first post, that should be enough tbh, it doesnt say anything about a paint skill, i might have tons of posts, but i dont read evry post on the forums!

We were thinking to change the color of the Ila Prima tavern to white.

This is because it would be more visible to the new players if they come at night time. We also belive this will improve the game for some veteran players as well, because white is a very peaceful color.

PKers, for example, might feel less likely to PK, so people can go and harvest hydrogenium in peace.

So, what do you think, would it be a good idea or not?

well light - teal blue are "the soothing" colors and i think changing some colors around might be a Breath of fresh air! DO IT... :icon13:

Painted horse is a zebra. Let's have zebras too!

Seriously, making some of the most important for newcomers places in game slightly different and more significant is very good idea.

Gil

On a side note: Isla Prima is one of the smaller islands in the world. Why on Draia would anyone want a horse there? (It makes sense for something like White Stone or Lakeside taverns, but IP? >.<)

~Shouja~

Edited by Shouja

Painting the building and putting an animal in front of it is an ok idea. But could you please make it red, because red is shorter to write then white. It would save all of us a lot of time if we could just direct noobs to the building with saying: "the red building" instead of the longer: "the white building". If someone asks what kind of animal is in front of it, a 'cat' is much shorter than 'horse'. So lets see, if you choose to use red and cat, instead of white and horse, that would save 10-6=4 letters. which is 40%!!

So i guess this would save up to 40% bandwidth too!! OMG great!!

Ok..well I have been working almost all day yesterday and today at this, so I hope you guys like it! ;)

newtavernip.jpg

I'm quite satisfied with it, and I think the horses work well with the background colors of the grass and Lasud.

cool, equine necking ;)

(use your imagination. the horse could be rubbing against the unicorn)

I like it! :mace: Looks great, and it should also look ok during the winter if the ground wont be just plain white.