Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Buyable nexuses

Do we like the idea?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Do we like the idea?

• OMG this r0x!
    • Sux :(

interesting idea.....im curently working on getting 100 hydro bars put together from scratch, (just on the FE phase...57k FE's is alot) its an interesting idea and id probably use it a few times. personally i dont like it b/c if u were a fighter this benifits you but if u did everything with nexus's then u dont benifit b/c u sacrificed P/C for the nexus and u cant (aside from reset) use this to get your P/C up. so to dumb it down (not aiming dumbed down to anyone) fighters can now work other skills using this but alrounders cant work fighting using this

i have over 20 PP in nexus's while even if this is implemented i would still use my PP for the nexus' i have b/c i still need quite a few more, i need more than i would ever be able to buy in this fashion.

all in all i think its a good idea....i still havent voted altho im leaning towards voting no.

Two concerns:

• Part of the economy of el is based on (lack of) nexus and it seems hard to be able to predict the consequences.
  • I think the concern of people oa120+ is not really with nexus. Maybe now that summoning has become a valuable skill there is a lot motivation to get pp's for nexus fast but that is a temporary state. So it is questionable if this will be used by the people that you want to enjoy it.

Hard to make a choice here - so making up my mind a bit more.

I don't care if low level players or non fighters use it.

It's meant for everyone equally.

The limit is the hydro bar itself.

Think how many ppl will be busy to make the swords to harvest hydro bars.

Think how many ppl will be busy to make the bars to make the swords.

Think how many ppl will be busy to make the FE's and harvest coal to make the bars and swords.

Its not like only the big bullies can use their money to buy nexus, this involves a LOT of lower level players and give them a chance to make money!

Piper

i don't like this , i think it will just give a bigger advantage to high level fighters and irl rich people

If I ever hear the "rich irl people" sequence, without proper justification (as in how a rich irl people will have an advantage), I will start doing stuff you don't want me to.

I love this idea i am 100% for it I have invested 25 pick points into nexus and i am more then willing to reset and get hydro bars for nexus THX :rolleyes: Icy :ph34r:

I love this idea i am 100% for it I have invested 25 pick points into nexus and i am more then willing to reset and get hydro bars for nexus THX :rolleyes: Icy :ph34r:

BTW, one other future plan (which will be implemented partially this year) is to give some advantages to those who have more nexuses than required when manufacturing something. Not sure yet what advantages.

BTW, one other future plan (which will be implemented partially this year) is to give some advantages to those who have more nexuses than required when manufacturing something. Not sure yet what advantages.

me like, me like

mabey ill give up fighting all together, nah, just get my P/C to 30/40 or something and put the rest forever into nexus.....lol, that would depend on the advantages of course

I love this idea i am 100% for it I have invested 25 pick points into nexus and i am more then willing to reset and get hydro bars for nexus THX :ph34r: Icy :P

I'm for this one :rolleyes:

Got 32 nexus spent and 2 free pps which I as planning to put on nexus as well :mace: (Trying to get max required for all, I don't PK anyway). Will see :D

Oh well, with my OA 136 and my 25 nexus, I really don't know what to vote :rolleyes:

I already planned to put the PPs up to OA 140 on nexus, i may change my mind if it's implemented fast enough.

Also, no, all high level players (I think I am one of them) are not rich (Only 12k gc at the moment :mace: ). Making those bars wouldn't cost me anything though, beside a lot of time, that is.

OK, I'm going to sleep, may be I'll be able to make my mind some other day :P

EDIT: Oh, Entropy posted something while I was typing. If more nexus gives some advantage, then I think I'll like the idea :ph34r:

Edited by Itzalan

I wanted to really sit and think about this before voting.

In my estimation 50 hydro bars would be about 500k gc to buy on market,

making them would take 26.5k fe (great for new players)

8000 steel bars, 1000 iron bars (1,240,000 xp)

then there is making the 500 s2e (70k xp)

All in all which ever way you go about it it is a huge ammount of work.

Whilst high level players will get the benifit of the nexus's. Other will also gain a great ammount accross the board in gold and or xp.

After all some one has to have the inorganic 6 to mine the ores, artificial of 3 to make the swords. And who in there right mind would want to get all of this xp from mining/alching etc. Then reset to rebuy there 1 pick point?

It seems like it would actually be very useful to the economy on the whole.

First of all, I would like to mention that no one can say for certain how this will affect the game, or what players will or will not take advantage of this *possible* feature.

Entropy stated that this is to be aimed at the higher leveled players, those that need millions of XP to get that next OA.

Lower levels can take advantage of it if they wish, but keep in mind what has to happen.

GC to buy books, Nex to mine, alch, manu. EMU to haul.

Personally, I doubt I would use this, for I am one of those with over 30 PP in nexus. However, I definitely see how it could be a relief to those fighting (both literally and figuratively) to get one more nexus to enable them to start anything new.

I see both the good points of this, as well as the side mentioned above. I see how some could be offended at a rich player forking out k's of GC to get a nexus others have worked hours, days, and weeks for. I see how some may be insulted by 'UberFighter' managing to snag the equivelant of 10 OA's worth of nexus, when players that have purposely planned and worked, and sacrificed p/c/w for future abilities, cannot attain those.

Ent, I am not bitching or griping in any way. I am simply answering the question you posed to us.

I see how some will feel this is unjust, and I see how some will love it.

I am undecided, and so have refrained from voting.

wait till i get my project done....a month or 2 im guessing at the rate im going...there will sudenly bee a day with 175 hydro bars made :P 100 of which being mine, i wasnt sure what i was doing all this for, but i might have found where 50 of them will go....

one question, is this effectively buying the OA lvl but its forced into a nexus or if i bought it at OA lvl 30 would i still be OA lvl 30 id just have one extra nexus.

For players with say OA>100 hydro bars come easily...however for the majority of players hydro bars are very expensive and as noted in your post...difficult to acquire. Lower level players will use PPs for nexus/perks rather than waiting to acquire 50 bars, I would think

This change seems to benefit only high level players.

Did you even read his post?

I did actually...EL was developed without classes in mind...however, in reality, classes have evolved in the game... i stand by my comments...

1. I replied because you were stating the obivious. Its like me replying to this post by saying it seems like this post is about buying nexuses.

2. Where did that classes comment come from? You were talking about lvls not classes...

In regards to items;

1) no comment.

2) Not wanting to restate the obvious - "EL was designed to be a classless game...". I responded to this comment by suggesting that I believe a "class" structure is evolving in the game...independant of its intented design. I make this comment in that this change would benefit high "level" players more than it would lower level players...perpetuating a "class" structure within the game, intended or not.

I rest... :P

First of all, I would like to... ...some will love it.

I am undecided, and so have refrained from voting.

couldnt have said it any better.

especially the undecided part

The OA level will not change.

In regards to items;

1) no comment.

2) Not wanting to restate the obvious - "EL was designed to be a classless game...". I responded to this comment by suggesting that I believe a "class" structure is evolving in the game...independant of its intented design. I make this comment in that this change would benefit high "level" players more than it would lower level players...perpetuating a "class" structure within the game, intended or not.

I rest... :P

I think you still miss the point.

It is obvious that many players don't want to focus on all the skills, since most like just a few skills.

HOWEVER, the idea is that the mechanics of the game should NOT impose a class segregation.

And I fail to see how this will not benefit the low level players. Do you think it rains with hydrogenium bars from the sky or something?

This once again gives the PKers and people with real money a massive advantage over everyone else. Money means hdyro bars means nexus. The people who scam and steal money as well as those who can afford to buy things from the shop with real money are going to be able to get the bars and the nexuses far faster than anyone else.

Care to elaborate on that?

The hydrobars are already selling on bots. This means that the PKers who make massive amounts of ingame money by stealing from others and those who can purchase large quantities of expensive items from the shop and then sell them for large quantities of gold coins to buy the bars with in the game. This means that the people with the easiest access to money(mostly those who don't do work of their own for it) and people with a high enough real life income will be able to buy the bars, and with the PKers at the expense of others, will get their paid for nexuses first. The rest of us will have to do things the hard way and just work for it. I don't mind that for myself because I don't mind doing the work and it is fortunately limited to the number of available nexuses. That is where the complaints that it helps high level fighters(mostly PKers) more than it helps anyone else. Scammers and bag jumpers of course would have to work hard for that kind of money but still not as hard as the people they are taking if from in the first place.

Life is not fair. The game is not fair. No one promised anyone it would be. The opportunity is available to everyone regardless of how long or short the amount of time needed to get the nexus and that is what matters to me. I voted for it and I would do the same again.

TirunCollimdus

Edited by TirunCollimdus

Good idea, but I find it a little expensive with 250K gc for one nexus level. But the high levels with 120OA and above might afford it, and I guess this helps them the most.

I voted yes.

Everyone is saying that they will never use this, it gives an advantage to those with more money irl, etc.

But I think they fail to see the fact that, yeah, it's useless if you don't have mega OA. But once you reach that level when it takes millions upon millions of experience for that 1 PP, the hydro bars will be a realistic alternative to spendiong the weeks/months training.

As for people with irl cash - how many are really going to spend 200 USD$ for ONE nexus?

Unless, of course, they have uber OA. If they want to waste their money, then let them. It will help the game, and if you make FE/steel bars/iron bars/s2e's/hydro bars, it will help YOU, too.

I doubt I will ever get to the point where I will use this, but I DO like the idea and I think it will work and be the best option for some people. Thumbs up Ent. :P

I think this is a great idea!!

But like you stated this is supposed to be so players can distribute their nexuses all round.

So how about restricting it so that you can only buy 1 (or maybe 2) of each nexus, I know this is easy to implement (I think) in the same way as buying sigils....

This way people can't complain about certain 'rich' people being able to over do it, but it still gives the opportunity for high levelled players to start off on other skills.

Good idea, but I find it a little expensive with 250K gc for one nexus level. But the high levels with 120OA and above might afford it, and I guess this helps them the most.

thats if a hydro bar cost 5k each, in reality its 9k at the cheapest i have ever seen usually 10k for one, so u need 500kgc for one nexus.

i think thats perfect, any cheaper and ppl will use this to much.

Complaint against $ don't really make sense because

- 200$ for one level? Not to mention the fact this might make the price of hydro bars go up a bit, because they will be in greater demand.

- Since it's nexuses, it doesn't directly affect you. Ok, so now I can mix my own potions, but this doesn't make me stronger in PK or something, it just means one less person is buying SRs (and btw, if they spent 2 mill gc for 4 inorganic, they could just buy 100k SRs instead, so not many people would do this

The hydrobars are already selling on bots. This means that the PKers who make massive amounts of ingame money by stealing from others and those who can purchase large quantities of expensive items from the shop and then sell them for large quantities of gold coins to buy the bars with in the game. This means that the people with the easiest access to money(mostly those who don't do work of their own for it) and people with a high enough real life income will be able to buy the bars, and with the PKers at the expense of others, will get their paid for nexuses first. The rest of us will have to do things the hard way and just work for it. I don't mind that for myself because I don't mind doing the work and it is fortunately limited to the number of available nexuses. That is where the complaints that it helps high level fighters(mostly PKers) more than it helps anyone else. Scammers and bag jumpers of course would have to work hard for that kind of money but still not as hard as the people they are taking if from in the first place.

I am sure that you can very well sell items without having a bot. Having a bot makes it easier, but doesn't offer you a huge advantage.

As for the PKers stealing money, I don't understand. Care to explain?

People buying items from the shop then selling them for real money is a small problem. Most of those who buy them buy them for their own use. And the bars do not come from the sky, so someone rich IRL will still have to pay the bar makers, so the bar makers will get money too from it. I don't see what's the problem.

Bagjumping and non newbie scamming is legal in the game (to some extent). You don't want scammers to get your money? Don't get scammed. It's easy, really.

As much as I am not against the idea of nexuses being awardable via means outside of exp, but for some reason this idea just has not set well with me yet. I'd really liked Piper's idea with the stones. Would make it very random as well server controlled as to just how many stones would be able to go into circulation. And just as possible for the newbie harvesting sulfur to get it as it would someone like Piper with a very high oa harvesting titanium. Not to mention (in theory) go back into the hands of those who would make use of most nexus or to someone with the top dollar to buy said stone. I also really enjoyed the idea of it being questable. Think the largest concern that I have is the after effects of the economy when everyone has the means to make anything/anything they want without the consequence of pp placement. Though, on the contrary, would someone want to spend that much effort/gc in a nexus when said nexus will perhaps not gain them as much as it cost to get? I guess it would depend player to player. My concern lies with the aftermath of the economy also with the price of fe, bars, s2e, hydro (would perhaps be easily able for larger guilds to easily drop their value with a bit of stratagy) when such an update becomes implimented (although most likely by the time this were to go mainstream I'd be high enough to make hydro bars) ^^b

Edited by Zanadu

Problem I see with this is that you wanted us to get hydrogenium as a team effort. You put it in a pk map, so we would have less ability to get it without a team. Now with this, not only will we still need to be a team to get it, but only one gets the profit of this. At least with GWIS everyone gets something for the donation.

You can payy for protection... And hydrogenium have be so hard to harvest becouse it have to be expensive.

Paying for protection is not the point of this. What my point is, is that only 1 person gets what the team works for. Its great if you are on the receiving end, but not so great if you do all this work and get nothing for it.

I was looking at this statement actualy from a different perspective. Let's say a large guild has a top mixer in their guild who can make almost everything-- if the guild worked together they could essentially create a guild "mule" who would be able to make everything that the guild would need. While also being able to have a emu large enough to have a fairly decent amount of space. That said mule could essentially turn into a guild project and with enough ppl, perhaps leaders with access to that account it would be useful to to the entire group. I am not entirely sure how legal that is here.. but thats perhaps a concern of its own. Not entirely certain on how well it would work in this game community, but with the last game that I played having a lot of japanese customs implimented into it, it would not be far off to work on bettering one character at a time as a group and then moving onto the next person in line, etc. Mind you it does not always work with american players because generally the opinion is "What's in it for me to help you?" Sometimes it was always best to find that common ground some where in the middle.