Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Buyable nexuses

Do we like the idea?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Do we like the idea?

• OMG this r0x!
    • Sux :(

As you know, EL was designed to be a classless game. That is, everyone can do whatever they want, without having the game restricting your activity (that is, assuming you have infinite time, you can be good in all the skills equally).

But as you might also know, the nexuses restrict this, because if you have all the nexuses necesary tt manufacture, summon and wear everything, you'll have a weak character from the combat point of view. And viceversa.

One other problem is that high level players (OA over 120) have to work weeks for just another pick point. And eventually, there comes a time when it takes forever to wait for the next PP.

So what I plan to do is allow players to buy nexuses. They will be buyable for hydrogenium bars. Each nexus, 50 hydrogenium bars.

And no, we will not sell hydrogenium bars or ore from the shop, to make it fair for everyone.

It's pretty expensive, but anything cheaper would make it too easy, and anything more expensive would not motivate the players to do it.

Since the hydrogenium bars are hard to make, it will also limit the number of PPs introduced this way in the game.

The hydrogenium bars are also a cooperative effort between harvesters, alchemists, manufacturers (to some extent), potioners (for the potion of invisibility), PKers, crafters (for the rings), summoners (for protection against the PKers), and mages (invisibility, true sight).

So what do we think about it? (this is for my information only, it will not likely affect the implementation of this feature).

I wonder who is the moron who voted 30 seconds after I posted? He couldn't have read it in that time interval.

Is this only for nexusses or also pp's for phys/coord or what ever ? Either way it's a great idea! I voted yes.

Nice idea imo, it is very hard to be a fighter and still do other stuff. One cannot do summoning, pots, and crafting for example, and still be a perkless PKer. And the rate seems fair too, thats like 500k per nexus

/edit btw, what about people who already spent a lot of nexus? I didn't myself, but some people have full nexuses they want ever, can they buy these pp back somehow?

Edited by Atlantis

Is this only for nexusses or also pp's for phys/coord or what ever ? Either way it's a great idea! I voted yes.

Only for nexuses.

Otherwise people would be able to put eveerything in p/c and become way too strong.

Radu,

Great idea man. I had also thought it would be cool if you sold PP from the El Store for say $5 per. But then you would need to add a field in the database for each char saying how many the char has purchased for real money. Then when they #reset, they would reset as normal but have the PP they bought all ready to be allocated. ;)

Your money problems would melt away ;)

I think this is a great idea but what about if u had to reset after u got those nexus.. is there any way that the nexus u buy wont go away with a reset?

Only for nexuses.

Otherwise people would be able to put eveerything in p/c and become way too strong.

Opps well in that case take one vote off this sux and add to this rox.

Edit: I like the idea of being able to buy nexuses but not PPs hence the afore mentioned.

Edited by JohnTheWarder

I think its good, but how about us that have so high oa and many pickpoints on nexuses allready? should give us pickpoints for the nexuses we used overals for... would be better ;)

I think this is a great idea but what about if u had to reset after u got those nexus.. is there any way that the nexus u buy wont go away with a reset?

No

You reset, they go. And this is a feature, not a bug.

So if you ever want to buy nexuses for hydro bars, you better reset first (because it would suck if you reset after).

Great idea man. I had also thought it would be cool if you sold PP from the El Store for say $5 per. But then you would need to add a field in the database for each char saying how many the char has purchased for real money. Then when they #reset, they would reset as normal but have the PP they bought all ready to be allocated. ;)

I can't believe you said this ;)

You aren't buying them with real $$$, but with ingame time/effort just like getting the experience by doing a skill. Why should you get them back with a reset?

NO to selling regular pp from store for $, this would be ridiculous (and coming from someone who spent a decent $ on shop too)

I had an idea about a very rare pickpoint stone which will be found 1-2 times per month or so and can be sold for huge amounts of money, so high leveled chars buy them and everyone has the chance to find one. A very low one, but a chance at least. Like winning the main prize in a lottery.

Buying Nexus for hydro bars sounds good too (same idea, high leveled chars have the money to buy them).

Give it a try, so higher leveled chars have a chance to increase their nexus if they want to try something else, like a fighter wants to start summoning or manu and not wait for 10000 trilliards of xp until he can buy one nexus.

Thumbs up,

Piper

Radu,

Great idea man. I had also thought it would be cool if you sold PP from the El Store for say $5 per. But then you would need to add a field in the database for each char saying how many the char has purchased for real money. Then when they #reset, they would reset as normal but have the PP they bought all ready to be allocated. :)

Your money problems would melt away ;)

Why not sell bot blessings to players? :/

OT: I'm not really for this, I think everything in the stats window should be affected by the same. If nexus can be bought, then so can P/C. But I'm against that so I'm also against nexus buying xD

EDIT: Why not enable it on a certain level? When it starts to take too long to get a pp, you can start buying them. Or the price of the pp (amount of bars) could differ with your OA. Dunno, but I'm not really for this so just wanted to say this ;)

Edited by Cyprom

Edit: Ais answered while I was writing my post.

Just to say great idea ent, keep 'em coming ;)

Edited by LabRat

Only for nexuses.

Ah ok. I know pp's should not be easy to get, but I'm wondering if someone is going to grab this chance to get more nexuses, because the price is around 400-500k, not sure if it's worth.

Problem I see with this is that you wanted us to get hydrogenium as a team effort. You put it in a pk map, so we would have less ability to get it without a team. Now with this, not only will we still need to be a team to get it, but only one gets the profit of this. At least with GWIS everyone gets something for the donation.

I like the idea but I see one possible drawback. Whilst you say that hydro bars and ores wont be purchased thru the shop, the s2e themselves still can, which basically takes out half the difficulty in obtaining the end product of a hydro bar.

If I might suggest removing s2e from the shop, to ensure this possible problem is avoided?

Dear Radu,

I think the idea of buying nexus is a good idea but how about creating quests instead that take days to complete. The idea might be to slay a dragon or something which would keep it interesting for high levels and get the bonus gaining a nexus (maybe a partilcar nexus per quest). You then could use a timeout so they could only do a quest say once every so often to keep it a bit sane and more inline with the idea of cooldowns. Maybe even an extremely rare drop would be quest cooldown remover. Wouldnt that make life interesting for high levels.

- Moraf

EDITEDF BIT :

Maybe the quests could be around the Gods. You could go on them as per instruction from the God you are with and they could then grant a special nexus based on completing their work upon C1 and C2.

Edited by Moraf

I like the idea but I see one possible drawback. Whilst you say that hydro bars and ores wont be purchased thru the shop, the s2e themselves still can, which basically takes out half the difficulty in obtaining the end product of a hydro bar.

If I might suggest removing s2e from the shop, to ensure this possible problem is avoided?

Nah, if the s2e get's removed from the shop, people can still buy expensive items from shop and sell, and buy s2e's or bars from players, so no matter how you still have the same result.