Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

So are we (the summoners) happy now?

Ok, I did the test again and it took 23 minutes to make 28 spider stones (2 losses again)

I realized the difference to last timing, I was completing my load with gypsums to bring to storage, sorry.

23 is near 26 more than 16 :confused: and I doubt anyone in the game can reproduce this test with a better time (carrying stuff to mine and working there of course)

I would post the pic of the timing here, but it would just make the thread longer.

So new calculations for the actual formula (on spider stones) for my case:

10276 xp in 23 minutes = 26.8k summoning xp each hour.

Edit: I used OA experience instead of summoning, now is ok

Edited by Vormavius

i doubt anyone can haul the ingreds for 30 bear stones (for instance) into the gypsum.

150 lifes 150 emu

30 sr's 150 emu

10 furs 90 emu

15 fp's 75 emu

---------------------

thats not counting picks, or excav cape

ummm...alot of ppl can, i have 580 EMU, so that leaves plenty of room for picks and claok

Edited by Happy_G

i think the important thing that must change is the food substraction

all other ing , i dont see the big problem in them

i suggest :

Bear stones : 10 food substraction

Armed Orc ,Gaint Spider, Tiger stones :15 food substraction

Fluffy ,Phantom , Sslessar stones: 25 food substraction

Yeti stone : 40

A.Chim :45

Gaint :50

anyway , any one with (~600 emu) cant do more than 13~14 stone per trip in bear stones

and 12~13 stone in spider stone

FMA

i doubt anyone can haul the ingreds for 30 bear stones (for instance) into the gypsum.

150 lifes 150 emu

30 sr's 150 emu

10 furs 90 emu

15 fp's 75 emu

---------------------

ummm...alot of ppl can, i have 580 EMU, so that leaves plenty of room for picks and claok

Happy she was saying that not many summoners can haul ing for 30 stones, which is right the weight of thoes ing is a bit and to carry enough for 30 you would have to have a load of 1400 which im not even sure the top pkers have.

Sorry if i interpreted what you said wrong.

Edited by Joshyboy

150 lifes 150 emu

30 sr's 150 emu

10 furs 90 emu

15 fp's 75 emu

---------------------

Happy she was saying that not many summoners can haul ing for 30 stones, which is right the weight of thoes ing is a bit and to carry enough for 30 you would have to have a load of 1400 which im not even sure the top pkers have.

Sorry if i interpreted what you said wrong.

no u were right, i was tired when i posted and didnt realize that she only listed the EMU for 10 bear stones, i thought she listed it for all 30

LOL you are trying to suggest that Anamir is Vorma's alt? Get real, Blodoks.

What a great player! Both main and alt chars with a/d levels over 100, one is top potioner and now the other one is top summoner. WOW :)

Just a question... how do you do that? Do you use VNC to play in different computers separeted by some hundreds of kilometers?

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

You do not know nothing about our guild...

Thank you, Harlock, but I think he's talking about the cave where me and PhantomEmpress harvest the gypsum. PhantomEmpress are doing an experiment: too see how is fast to level with stones.

She was summoning lvl 7 last Friday.

She summoned some deer and snakes until lvl 14.

From lvl 14+potions she level only making stones (careless of to lose ingredients).

Today she's at summoning lvl 27.

So, 1 week to get 20 summon levels and playing fair, without to run or to have a chronometer in the hand.

I don't summon wolves from the 2005: no cooldown... no arena..., probably no mana drain too, but was fun to know new players, to buy meat and other ingredients. That was the summoning.

What is the xp difference between level 7 and 27 again? I guess it's a little (note the sarcasm) lower than the difference between 20 levels over 45.

What is the xp difference between level 7 and 27 again? I guess it's a little (note the sarcasm) lower than the difference between 20 levels over 45.

You need to try to lvl summoning with meat and bones until lvl 27 instead to write here.

Blodoks, stop crying about how leveling summing has changed. We all know that you leveled your summon "by hand" with wolves and such. But now the stones are a different methods of leveling, if you don't like them, don't make them.

You need to try to lvl summoning with meat and bones until lvl 27 instead to write here.

I've done that... what now?

Pwned :)

Anyways, it's not like the stones are easy to make. They still require alot of effort, as proven in previous posts. But, for Blodoks, he can also use the stones to increase his summoning, just an improved method IMO.

Now be happy cause u can enjoy the new summon system!!!

SWIM did to level 24 on rats, snakes, wolves & boars. SWIM used iscarlith sto for most summoning (yeah i no, its not allowed but its a quiet sto :icon13:) it was actually faster than bear stones. What does suck is the price tag, and the need for drinking the SR's instead of just putting them in window (cooldown).

SWIM did to level 24 on rats, snakes, wolves & boars. SWIM used iscarlith sto for most summoning (yeah i no, its not allowed but its a quiet sto :icon13:) it was actually faster than bear stones. What does suck is the price tag, and the need for drinking the SR's instead of just putting them in window (cooldown).

Well to start making bear stones u need to get at level 25-30, so u will need to pass trought the price tag, and the need for drinking the SR's instead of just putting them in window.

Edited by Tico

See Blodoks' earlier post, someone actually started on stones from level 14. In fact, a wolf has level 32, bear stone level 30 and leveling from 21 to 24 on wolves didn't bring unacceptable losses, with or without potions.

Had I known this, then I would have proceeded differently. However, my approach was to get to level 20 on rats alone, with each rat giving 21 exp instead of about 10 because of a staggering willpower. I reset after reaching level 24.

Edited by sithicus

I love the idea of summoning stones, I really do, but with this new addition, it removes the need for a guild to have a high level summoner. With the NPC cost of high level summoning stones, the time and cost, in gold coins, to develop a high level summoner is not worth it. You would be able to buy hundreds of high level summoning stones with that money instead. If you get to level 65 summoning, and take god blessing to get level 75 summoning, you now have a 50% chance to make a giant summoning stone. If you fail, there is a ?% chance that you will lose ingredients. Currently the ingredients for creating high level summoning stones are:

Yeti Summoning Stone:

1 Enriched Water Essence 3750gc

1 Enriched Life Essence 2817gc

1 Binding Stone 7440gc

Estimated cost for creating a summoning stone: 14107gc NPC price 12000gc

Artic Chim Stone:

1 Enriched Water Essence 3750gc

1 enriched Life Essence 2817gc

1 Binding Stone 7449gc

3 Extra Mana Potions 1200gc

Estimated cost for creating a summoning stone: 15307gc NPC price 15000gc

Giant Stone:

1 Enriched Magic Essence 4400gc

3 Enriched Life Essence 8751gc

1 Binding Stone 7440gc

Estimated cost for creating a summoning stone: 20591gc NPC price 22000gc

The price's of the essences were taken as an average of the following trade bot prices:

C2_Trader, ShrimpTaco, Thor, Charn, Iduna, Richery, Shari, and Luxe

It can be argued that the price's of ingredients can be argued, but I feel that the prices listed are a pretty good median.

Considering the estimated cost of ingredients above, you only save 1,409gc for making a giant stone, instead of buying from NPC. This indicates that a high level summoner would need to make 15 giant stones with only one critical failure to break even with the NPC price.

All this being said, summoners have no need to go in to the battle field. To summon a giant on the field uses the following ingredients:

5 Enriched Life Essences 14585gc

2 Enriched Magic Essences 8800gc

Estimated cost for summoning 23412gc

It’s cheaper to buy the stone, and the stones only takes 1 slot for how ever many giants, where the summoner will fill 4 slots, as well as a lose of 60/40 mana per giant summoned. You ask for an opinion from summoners, well here is mine. I’m not saying it’s broke and needs to be fixed, or (if) people think it’s broke, how to fix it. I’m just stating the facts as I see them. It’s way to cheap/easy for fighters to carry a few giant stones in inventory as an (in case of emergency). Again these are just my opinions, dismiss them if you wish.

Edited for spelling errors

Edited by Ice

Its a good point of view ice...

Some NPC price adjustments wouldnt be bad...

another idea is to implement something like recycling plant idea Ent once told... NPC would sell those items only in quantyties that players sell to them... this way summoners would need to make the stone for it to exist!

They make the higher end stones more expensive and rarer, if they wernt in there, you would have giants walking thought VotD and other silly places

They make the higher end stones more expensive and rarer, if they wernt in there, you would have giants walking thought VotD and other silly places

I understand that, and completely agree, my point was, that the summoning stones are way to cheap!

With the current NPC prices, the cost of purchasing a stone versus the cost of ingredients to make a stone, are out of proportion.

Titanium Plate armor (the most difficult ingame item to make except Yeti, Artic Chim, and Giant summoning Stones) recommends level 62 to make, cost of ingredients:

5 Hydrogenium Bars 40,000gc

30 Titanium Bars 1,500gc

4 Enriched Fire Ess. 14,000gc

Estimated cost to make 55,500gc NPC sell price 100,000

This allows a great chance to profit form it’s manufacture.

Giant Summoning stone recommends level 75 to make, cost of ingredents:

1 Enriched Magic Essence 4,400gc

3 Enriched Life Essence 8,751gc

1 Binding Stone 7,440gc

Estimated cost to make 20,591gc NPC sell price 22,000gc

This allows very little if any chance to profit, bassed on failure rate