Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

So are we (the summoners) happy now?

-lvls or nexuses needed for using them? maybe

-the rest seems ok, except for ewe for fluff

i agree, the EWE for a fluffy seems a little odd, i dont see the fluff as having water, like i do with yeti's and arctic chims. can u explain the reason behind this if there is actually a reason from an RP point of veiw.

even if the reason was just to make them more rare its still awsome, and tyvm ent.

It was supposed to be life (I made a mistake). I will fix it.

i havent tested it yet, but looking at the ingredients for the stones, they are hard to aquire, but the experience is tremendous, so it evens out. This summoning stones is a good thing, but here is a little suggestion anyways:

- nexus for using a stone

i still dont think a nexus for using them is a good idea, u dont have to have magic nexus to use a magic ring, that would almost completely defeat their reason in life

@ent: ok, ty

edit: just noticed it doubled what i typed, not sure how it happened tho

Edited by Happy_G

Actually i think nexus of 2 in Animal to use them would be good enough..just thought this way if the people using the stones wanted to level summon they'd already have the 2 pp's in animal to use ;)

Actually i think nexus of 2 in Animal to use them would be good enough..just thought this way if the people using the stones wanted to level summon they'd already have the 2 pp's in animal to use ;)

Just like you need a nexus to use the potions?

was just a thought, there is/will be a big diff. in the "use" of the stones vs. useable items ingame (rings/potions). An EmP will help you fight longer and mostlikely allow your opponet to flee/diss/die with the stones it physically helps you beat your opponent more than Rings of powers or mana dest rings or damage rings would. was just thinking that if they had to have animal 2 nexus, that this would encourage them in the future to level summon thus using up more spirit restore potions, more meat/furs and life ess creating a bigger/better flow for sellers and buyers alike.

was just a thought, there is/will be a big diff. in the "use" of the stones vs. useable items ingame (rings/potions). An EmP will help you fight longer and mostlikely allow your opponet to flee/diss/die with the stones it physically helps you beat your opponent more than Rings of powers or mana dest rings or damage rings would. was just thinking that if they had to have animal 2 nexus, that this would encourage them in the future to level summon thus using up more spirit restore potions, more meat/furs and life ess creating a bigger/better flow for sellers and buyers alike.

I can see both sides of the coin on this one. You don't need any lvl/nex to 'use' a ring/pot, this makes sense. But a summon stone effectively allows you to perform the summon skill without the level or nexus to do that skill. A potion or ring does not allow you to craft or pot without putting in the xp and pp.

True, you could say that you are using the summon as a tool to aid in your fighting, much as you would with a potion or ring that helps you by adding stats or burning mana. But once again, the stones allow you to perform another skill entirely. On the same note, I can see that non-summoners may not find them usefull if they have to invest pp or much time summoning to use the stones. What would be their motivation to use one if there were such requirements?

Perhaps WildIce has a good idea that maybe putting a nexus requirement on the higher monster stones would be appropriate. I think this may be one of those situations where you are going to upset one set of people depending on if there are requirements or not. No requirements and the summoners feel that their time and effort is wasted because anyone can now summon. Add on some requirements and the non-summoners will feel like there is no benefit to buying the stones. Personally, I would be fine with an animal nexus of 1 or 2 requirement for anything above a fluff. You could look at it as, the stronger summons are harder to keep under your control and the animal nexus allows you to effectively control them. *shrug* Just a thought.

Do the software makers require you to be a computer scientist to use it? I am talking about stuff such as text editors, e-mail, etc.

No, pretty much everyone can use them.

Same with summoners. They make a PRODUCT everyone can use. The ideal when making a product is so everyone can use it, not just a few.

... and without instruction! ;)

No instruction? How could it be... I see a large Click Me! encarved on the stone.

I like the idea of stones being usable to everyone.

And it's a nice bringing summ into game not just for fun.

Gratz on your job, Ent

S.

It is an interesting idea, having 1 or 2 animal nexus to 'control' the very powerful summon. But while I can see that its frustrating for summoners that anyone can summon a creature they worked so hard to be able to summon, it also makes them a bit useless if you need requirements to use them. How about this: you can use any of the stones, regardless of nexus. But the top stones, you have a chance to lose control of the summon and it effectively becomes an invasion monster, attacking anyone in range. For each animal nexus you take, this chance is greatly reduced. Seems like a nice way to keep both parties happy. Prob too difficult to implement, but was just an idea I had.

Gah...

(after reading the formulas, prices and such)

what is the problem with the stones? The summoner needs high levels to make that stone and if he sells them for 1 gc, its his problem.

The price will regulate it, depending on the ingreds and on the profit the summoner will make by selling them.

If it really becomes a problem, increase the price the NPC sells them and/or increase the ingreds needed to make those stones.

Just my 2 cents ;)

Piper

ok, rings teleport you to another map, u dont have to have the lvl or nexus to do the ttpr spell in order to use a ring, same concept.

the summoner is putting his summon into the stone. think of it like a baby goose. its in its egg, when it hatches if your the first thing it sees and u take care of it, like ppl do with their summons, it follows you around.....r u able to create that egg with the goose in it? no, but yet it still gets attached to you.

summoners r doing just that, puting their summon inside the stone and the user is simply opening/breaking open the stone to release the creature. since they r the one that released it, it doesnt care if u have the nexus/ lvls ect. it still gets attached to you.

The price will regulate it, depending on the ingreds and on the profit the summoner will make by selling them.

If it really becomes a problem, increase the price the NPC sells them and/or increase the ingreds needed to make those stones.

I think thats the best way to do it, it keeps everyone happy in that if the usage of them gets out of hand, the npc price can be easily raised or if they aren't used nowhere near enough maybe slightly reduce ingredients needed, keeps everyone happy with only a slight alteration

anyways I think its a great idea, and if it was up to me I would keep it as it is! :P

It is an interesting idea, having 1 or 2 animal nexus to 'control' the very powerful summon. But while I can see that its frustrating for summoners that anyone can summon a creature they worked so hard to be able to summon, it also makes them a bit useless if you need requirements to use them. How about this: you can use any of the stones, regardless of nexus. But the top stones, you have a chance to lose control of the summon and it effectively becomes an invasion monster, attacking anyone in range. For each animal nexus you take, this chance is greatly reduced. Seems like a nice way to keep both parties happy. Prob too difficult to implement, but was just an idea I had.

Creating an invasion monster is a big no-no: this can and will be abused to kill in non-PK maps. If you are crafting/manuing/whatever in storage and someone unleashes a giant the next thing will be people grabbing for your stuff on the ground.

Anyway, its like using a potion. Do potioners worry that they had to work hard and anyone with 0 skill can use their potions? No, they consider this a Good Thing, because they can actually sell their potions. Potion of monster instead of potion of invisibility, where's the difference? :) I think this is what will turn summoning into a popular skill. I will reset as soon as I finish a few tasks and get the summ level up because this is all way cool IMO.

Edited by sithicus

I don't see why summoners would complain. Like Piper mentioned, it's a source of income. Income which compensates for the costs of ingredients.

I'm a summoner, and I really like this. I'd be more upset if the stones had usage requirements, preventing people from buying them from me.

Edited by Hazor

stones are good the way they are now , no nex needed to use them ... if they require nex , no 1 will use/buy them , so they will only be only sold 2 npc

but i wanted 2 ask ... Gaint spider stone summon a large spider ...... is it a bug in writing (must be "large spider stone" instead ) or it will be a Gaint Spaider :) in the next update ?

i think it would be better if there were no npc to sell the summoning stones, maybe buy them, but selling them at a npc defeats the point of having a summoning level. anyone with enough gc can buy the summoning skill. the idea of a stone that you could store a summon in seems like a good idea to me, but someone who has a summoning level should be the one to make them not an npc. its quite depressing for me to work 4 months on summoning(which is my primary skill, its higher then my a/d levels) to beable to summon 2 yetis in the summoning temple, and then see someone with a lower summoing level post screenies of summoned arctic chims and giants they summoned from a stone they bought from an npc

u can buy bars from NPC's, and potions, must be sad for a potionier to work so hard for their lvls and then ppl buy invisi pots from the NPC or any other skill. if they dont buy them from NPC's they will buy them from players. u dont need the stone to do so, u have the lvls. meaning you could make and sell the stones. no reason NPC's cant profit off of them, besides, if the NPC buys them it needs to sell them, or no reason to buy them, everything is fine the way it is now

a little off topic:

stones are single use items and I understand why they should remain 'no-nexus needed to use', they belong to potions/ess/rings group, not to manu item like armour/weapons who are multi use items and require human nexus

all ok

Edited by LadyReni

I don't think you should have nexus to use an object in your inventory.

*thinks hard* .....

Why doesn't casting a magic spell require magic nexus ???

After spending a couple of days to make stones, I see the bottom has dropped out of the market..No biggie, summonors are used to not making money on summoning so it may be hard for this group to keep the price up. But, it would have been nice to be able to sell stones to an NPC ( I did not find one) This is what crafters/manufacturers/potioners etc. do when the market gets saturated with the product that they make. This may help keep a minimum value in the lower end stones. As it was, I was offered 5-10gc/ bear stone. They still sit in my storage; ill play with them myself at that price.

Another idea, would be to have 'luck" stones. It helps take the sting off of making fe, when you get an efe. I dont know what a 'luck' stone would be at this point, but its just a suggestion.