Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
heu

Flee problem (bug?)

I've seen some old topics here about the same subject and, as the problem is still there, I decided to post it again.

While fighting, sometimes fleeing looks to work perfectly. Either you flee or get a message "You failed to flee.". Ok, I guess that's how it should be ALWAYS, which is not the case... sometimes you click/press home trying to flee and nothing happens. NOTHING. It's like you're not doing anything at all, you don't even get the fail message... and it doesn't matter how slow you click (as I read in another post that it could be caused by overclicking)...

I wanted to know whether that's really a bug or it's intentional, because it's really annoying...

ue it's been aroun d for a long time and still not fixed.

maybe it's to prevent ppl from going afk while pvp'ing or something

its what's called the flee bug, and has been around since as long as I can remember, dunno if intentional or not

Edited by Atlantis

its what's called the flee bug, and has been around since as long as I can remember, dunno if intentional or not

yeah, I know it's there for a long time now, but today it was too much for me... it took me several minutes to be able to flee...

I think it's a bug, but could be intentional... who knows...

If on pvp and your partner is not fleeing, it can take a while, but if your a/d/c is better than monsters I believe you will flee faster

I have no problems flee'ing apart from trying to flee asgnny, he's the only person I can't flee, other people I pretty much flee when I wan too :D

I already answered your question, this has been known about/has been around for a very long time

Your problem is that you are fleeing the wrong way.

The home key was never meant for fleeing, the proper way to do it is with the mouse (click somewhere).

I guess the question is, was fleeing ever supposed to be failproof on every click/key press however you did it? (not including dis rings of course)

It doesn't seem logical that it would be.

I guess the question is, was fleeing ever supposed to be failproof on every click/key press however you did it?

I'm sorry, but that's not the question at all. No one expects flee to be successful with every attempt.

What is being talked about here is attempting to flee and not getting either the "failed to flee" message or a successful flee. It's as if the request (be it home-key, map click, or whatever) was not seen by the server.

When you're in this mode, you will never be able to flee. It's not just that you fail, it's that the attempt is not acknowledged. It's as if you didn't even try.

That's the bug being asked about, and yes I've seen it too. It doesn't happen all the time, but I have experienced it (with either myself, or a pvp partner being unable to flee) several times.

Someone who thought they understood the nature of the bug once explained to me that it's related to which person last did a restore spell (in a pvp situation). I'm not sure it's that simple, but there may be a possible relationship.

Edited by bkc56

What sometimes helps for me is to stop fleeing for a sec, eat a fruit or something, and try again.

I havent got the flee bug in a while, it doesnt seem to occur when fighting monsters. Of course it sometimes takes up to 25 tries to succesfully flee, but thats just bad luck :icon13:

What is being talked about here is attempting to flee and not getting either the "failed to flee" message or a successful flee. It's as if the request (be it home-key, map click, or whatever) was not seen by the server.

When you're in this mode, you will never be able to flee. It's not just that you fail, it's that the attempt is not acknowledged. It's as if you didn't even try.

Do we know for a fact it isn't just a fail but with no message?

Do we know for a fact it isn't just a fail but with no message?

pretty sure, yes. Because when this happens we keep hitting our oponent, while with a failed flee attempt we dont hit the other (very often).

I drink a coord pot :D

I think higher a/d/c gives higher chance to flee

Nah ;) Very often I can't flee from yeti with 95 coord oO

Your problem is that you are fleeing the wrong way.

The home key was never meant for fleeing, the proper way to do it is with the mouse (click somewhere).

That's not the problem, it doesn't work clicking either, as I said in the first post.

I guess the question is, was fleeing ever supposed to be failproof on every click/key press however you did it? (not including dis rings of course)

It doesn't seem logical that it would be.

As someone said here, it's not the fail that bothers me (us, I believe), it's just that sometimes it doesn't even try to flee (no flee, no fail message and you keep hitting the opponent) as if you were not clicking anything at all...

The server ignores all the click requests that come to more than every 600 MS (I think).

So multiple clicks within a small time period are ignored.

flee is verry weird in EL

what i noticed is that if u cannot flee, the other person can , and u can flee too, after he trys to flee first

vice versa

and it doesn't matter how slow you click (as I read in another post that it could be caused by overclicking)...

Last time it happened, I tried to click every 5 seconds or something like that... same problem

I've been wondering if the flee problem is a matter of who gets the first attack. If your opponent gets first strike and hits you (even if your armor absorbs all the damage) then you automatically counter-attack whether or not you wanted to flee instead. Is it possible that this is why flee fails with no message?

I have noticed this also. Most recently just a few days ago with two different pvp partners. Chiapet has higher a/d/c than me and Atavar has higher a/d but matching c. It happened with both of them several times each. I have tried both Home key and clicking on the ground. I notice that it happens to both of us at the same time. Both chars keep whacking away at eachother and no failed to flee message for either of us. We are both trying to flee by either Home key or clicking and it just doesn't seem to get recognized or something. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong. Sometimes if I restore while I am holding the Home key then I will start to get the failed to flee message and then can finally successfully flee. I don't know if that is just a coincidence because it doesn't always work.

Its an onld topic but i was pvp training today and it seems that the problems are still around, does anyone have a good tip about the way that we should act, to avoyd this flee problem?

I was training for about 1 hour with a person with realy lower Coord. but i was the one that mostly got the flee "bug", i tryed to find out a way that made the HOME button restart fleeing but i couldn't so if anyone has tips about this matters i would apreciate