Eternal Lands Official Forums
bluap

[patch] knowledge console command

When using the knowledge window, I must admit to struggling to find which books I've read or would like to read. Therefore, I've implemented a new console command and propose it as a patch for the client.

The new command is "#knowledge" or "#know" for short. It simply lists all the books you can read with the ones you've read highlighted (in hold) just like the knowledge window. If you specify anything after the command name, the extra text is used to filter which books are listed. So "#know ring" lists only books with the string "ring" in their name. This behaves just like the "#storage" command. Here's a screen shot.

Would anyone find this patch useful?

is the patch up somewhere for review?

if it looks good, and entropy approves, it should be able to go in soon

That is fantastic - can it also be modified to work backwards - ie if I type Moon Medallion it lists all knowedge needed for that book - again those read bening highlighted?

is the patch up somewhere for review?

if it looks good, and entropy approves, it should be able to go in soon

OK I've submitted a patch. Note this new patch uses a function I added in patch #1567 (Mark text filter for TAB maps (CTRL+f to use)). I've included the new function in the new patch so that the two patches remain independent.

That is fantastic - can it also be modified to work backwards - ie if I type Moon Medallion it lists all knowedge needed for that book - again those read bening highlighted?

I don't now how the backwards thing could be done. I could be wrong but its probably a server side bit of code that knows about the relationships between books.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback.

Edited by bluap