Eternal Lands Official Forums
Jefric

Disconnection using Remote Heal [SOLVED]

(sorry because of my bad English I use a translation program)

I have a problem, every time I trie to use "remote Heal" I get disconnectet from the server !

:whistle:

[15:54:26] Disconnected from server!

[15:54:26] Press Alt-x to close the game

if I press a kay, I get connected again and can countine playing (without restart EL).

However it happens every times if I try to use remote Heal

is remote heal on your quickbar, or directly from the spell window?

what is your main language, in case someone who speaks that can help?

ed: some mod removed the relevance of sentence[0] :)

Edited by ttlanhil

remote heal is on my quickbar
that's what I expected. I beleive that your spells_jefric.dat has an error in it, and when you send that message, the server disconnects you. delete the spell from your quickbar if you can, or delete the file itself (C:\Program Files\Eternal Lands\spells_jefric.dat if your character name is jefric) while EL is not running.

then add the spell again and it should be fixed

Right there is your answer:

if you try to send a spell that you don't have a sigil for the server disconnects you. You can't lose sigils, so I wonder if you used my quickspell generator to create your spellbar..

If not, maybe you bought the sigil and there was a server rollback that caused you to lose the sigil..

Either way, hop along to White Stone and go buy the sigil..

Kinda offtopic, but I would class the disconnect as a server bug - bad handling of the spells.. Maybe a server dev should check out that bit of code - if you don't have the right essences the server catches it and sends a message, the same should happen for missing sigils.

<solved>

Right there is your answer:

if you try to send a spell that you don't have a sigil for the server disconnects you. You can't lose sigils, so I wonder if you used my quickspell generator to create your spellbar..

If not, maybe you bought the sigil and there was a server rollback that caused you to lose the sigil..

Either way, hop along to White Stone and go buy the sigil..

Kinda offtopic, but I would class the disconnect as a server bug - bad handling of the spells.. Maybe a server dev should check out that bit of code - if you don't have the right essences the server catches it and sends a message, the same should happen for missing sigils.

<solved>

I would class the disconnect as hack reduction. Your not supposed to be able to send a sigil you dont have at all!

<solved>

LOL

Some would think we know how to code...

LOL

Some would think we know how to code...

So it is a specific feature, not a bug? Sorry, but I am not 100% sure which way you meant that one.. Learner's sounded like it was intentional, and yours kinda sounds like it was too, or it could have been a straight dig at the server devs, I intend to make my life's goal to understand your humour..

Either way, I have updated my quickspell page to warn people of the dangers of trying to hack the server by sending such a malformed packet.

edit: spelling

Edited by LabRat

hmm

that is maybe possible I uses the remote only rarely and was online wen the server had the rollback a few weeks ago.

If you add the sigils to the spell window and don't have it then it won't work, obvisously. But the only way this bug can occur is if they use your generator or rename the .dat from another character

If you add the sigils to the spell window and don't have it then it won't work, obvisously. But the only way this bug can occur is if they use your generator or rename the .dat from another character
or if there is a server rollback - or if you do a #killme and recreate - or a disk error occurs while updating (power failures/surges/running windows normally). Files can - and do - get corrupted all the time.. do a chkdsk and see if you have any crosslinked files.. crosslinked files are Bill Gates' way of forcing people to go Linux.. usually caused by a crash in windows while files are being created or written.

Anyway, the solution was found, he's buying the sigil and by his post I'd say he never used the quickspell generator.. just checked the log - no jefric listed in there.

I bought a new Sigil and my Remote heal works fine again !

PS :

Im not using any plugIns , programs clients or some thing else except from the EL Download Page, i dont even know what this "quickspell generator" is ...

Edited by Jefric