Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cleo

New Item Suggestions :)

I made these Pics whilst I was in Egypt, sitting by the pool getting a nice tan

EL_Ideas001.jpg

They're not the best Pics ever, and I know alot more people have potential on here than me, But I thought "Hey, why not I might as well show my ideas to the rest of EL "

Oh and Please comment on my Ideas NOT my Artwork. If you think I could make the suggestions better in any way, pleas post here :whistle:

Edited by Cleo

Maybe you could explain a little what these items are supposed to be used for....

Edited by Derin

:whistle: Never, Yeh it does, Look at her Devilish Horns :)

Explanation of The Band of 11 Enlightments:

Basically this Band can be worn by any Player and it gives the effect of 11 Random Spells. The user can use it 11 Times and once it has been used that many times, It vanishes into thin air. The Spells will be Random and not Based on the User's Magic Level, its just all random. So one time you may get Mana Drain, Next time you may get Heal. Its all Random :(

Next, Explanation for the Tree:

Basically, In Real Life you may of seen some trees that have their roots above ground level, I thought this would be good as it would make some trees more Realistic and could be used in Whitestone amongst Normal Trees.

Cleo.

Explanation of The Band of 11 Enlightments:

Basically this Band can be worn by any Player and it gives the effect of 11 Random Spells. The user can use it 11 Times and once it has been used that many times, It vanishes into thin air. The Spells will be Random and not Based on the User's Magic Level, its just all random. So one time you may get Mana Drain, Next time you may get Heal. Its all Random :whistle:

Nice idea :) we would need another slot for it

ROFL, I spent a while laughing at "naughty Sheesh"...

I love the tree idea. If that is possible, it would be really cool to have trees with their roots above the ground.

The hand-thingy is also neat, I like it ^_^

Wouldn't necessarily need another slot for the band; if handled the same as rings.

But the 11-uses counter it would an require item specific data, which is not supported in EL. Instead, consider replacing the fixed number with a percentage chance of it being destroyed/consumed on use; say 10% chance of losing the item when it is used would give an average of ~10 uses. By this principle, rings have a 100% chance of being lost on use.

Wouldn't necessarily need another slot for the band; if handled the same as rings.

Problem with rings is you can't wear them. Something like this would look awesome on the arm and imo that quality is half the charm of the band.

Yes, The main Purpose was for it to be worn, so having it in Inv like a ring would so not be uber... It would be great if someone could take this idea and possibly make it in an Application (Photshop Pro, Paint, Draw your design and scan like I did) and post their idea of it on here. :whistle:

Edited by Cleo

Also, Maybe the Band could have some Defensive Properties and could maybe even reflect someones attack back to them :whistle:

:cry::cry: I am innocent...really...I am, I swear.... :blush:
Thats what they all Say Sheesh :P

:blink:Who all say Sheesh is innocent??! :D

Come on ppl...speak up, dont be shy...easy words...here, I will write them for you--all you have to do is cut/paste...here we go, ready???

Sheesh is innocent!!!

There, now just cut and paste at will :bow_arrow:

i do believe the thats what they all say comment was meant as everyone who is guilty says they r inoccent.

BTW

Sheesh is innocent!!! (i copied and pasted, cut and paste wasnt working hope thats ok :icon13:)

Guys come on, Topic please, Its supposed to be about the Suggestion on hand not about Sheesh being Innocent/Guilty<----

I thought it was about Sheesh being naughty or not..... (as the drawing in the first post says) :P

Edited by Derin

But the 11-uses counter it would an require item specific data, which is not supported in EL. Instead, consider replacing the fixed number with a percentage chance of it being destroyed/consumed on use; say 10% chance of losing the item when it is used would give an average of ~10 uses. By this principle, rings have a 100% chance of being lost on use.

The closest thing EL has that I know of is new/used/damaged/broken, but I think that EL would gain from having an optional "state" field for items as that would allow for doors, windows, chests, drawers to be open and closed and for quality level that some people should be added on for weapons and armor. Also, assuming that you don't need all of a potion, you could drink part of it instead of all of it. With that number added, it would add on a whole bunch of possibilities to the game. :) Other limited-but-multi-use items could be added as well....like a necklace of harming or necklace of healing.

The way EL is designed; an item with multiple states (new/used/broken) has to be three different item types. Since slots in inventory, storage, and bags can only contain some number of items of the same type; so a new sword and a damaged sword must take seperate slots.

For the 11-charge vambrace, if you have several in stock, they could use upto 11 slots from your storage.

While this is managable for some items, it doesn't scale well.

Edited by trollson

The way EL is designed; an item with multiple states (new/used/broken) has to be three different item types. Since slots in inventory, storage, and bags can only contain some number of items of the same type; so a new sword and a damaged sword must take seperate slots.

For the 11-charge vambrace, if you have several in stock, they could use upto 11 slots from your storage.

While this is managable for some items, it doesn't scale well.

Yes, it could take up to 11 slots that way.

I see no problem with letting them decide if they want to be smart or carry around a bunch of almost empty potions though.