Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gohan

Monsters a/d

Well, since the CL (combat level) is something used in the game, only the game's admins (most likely just Entropy) know the true equation, and the ignore levels of creatures based on that CL. The other equations for the CL we know of (iknow and that web page) are probably close, but not 100% accurate. Maybe one of the admins would be able to post the equation here, and maybe even some of the ignore levels.

As far as I know, CL = Reaction + Toughness + Dexterity + (.75 * Attack) + (.75 * Defense) + (.5 * Matter), and around CL = 150, hobgoblins stop attacking you.

Two notes:

1. iknow accidentally always used Rationality instead of Dexterity in the calculation (which explains your difference, masterpiter).

2. The combat level (this formula) is something entirely made up by players, and has afaik not any relation to game mechanics.

2. The combat level (this formula) is something entirely made up by players, and has afaik not any relation to game mechanics.

So how do you explain the fact that high level monsters ignore different players at different a/d/p/c, and that if you reset, some monsters who ignored you, now attack you until you raise your p/c and other attributes?

The game must be checking the CL of each player when he enters the range of a monster and then decide if the monster would attack or ignore. I'm sure that equation (or something close to it) is written in the game's code, maybe it's not called "combat level", but it's there.

Edited by smalul

yes, but it's not (as far as we know) the same as the combat level the players (and bots) use. hence the "(this formula)" part

1. iknow accidentally always used Rationality instead of Dexterity in the calculation (which explains your difference, masterpiter).

Yes, it took me quite a while of going back and forth between iknow's code and my page thinking I'd done something wrong. Then finally, gurgeh pointed me to the problem in iknow's code for that area. As I recall I informed DNS of the problem quite a while ago.

edit: forgot that gurgeh had pointed out the error and mistook Learner for DNS

Edited by jamincollins

For those who didn't notice, I said I'd keep it a secret a while back when I found out. :devlish: Check my siggy for the Sslessar's a/d.

Yes, its accurate. Unless its been changed during my absence.

-Blee

The a/d is correct. Female Gobs just have higher 'attributes' than gargs, that's why they're harder.

(Main reason being that they deal more damage - Well, they're armed :))

You thought wrong :whistle:

But remember, a/d is not the only factor contributing to combat strength. It's speculated that Wingless Garg has (some) better attribs than Tall-Winged Garg.

You thought wrong :P

But remember, a/d is not the only factor contributing to combat strength. It's speculated that Wingless Garg has (some) better attribs than Tall-Winged Garg.

Or a better exemple:

As polar bear trainer try to kill a tiger at EVTR sto!

Polar bear a/d 55/50 HP 140

Tiger a/d 55/55 HP 75

Phantom Warrior: a/d 42/55 HP 60

The polar bear was take down by me with augm set + bones in max 10-12 hits, witha few damage (5-30).

-I have tryed the tiger with tit plate+steel cuisses + greave +BP cloack+tit serp sword, and restored 2x and after that diss :)

Kill it the Phantom Warrior at NC cave, near the fruits with a bone +steel shield and augm set at your polar bear trainer level! :) if you can't kill, than read the explanation here:

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=51536

"Understanding Criticals" section