Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gohan

Monsters a/d

OK guys, I wrote something in VB. It's a small exe program which calculates all the things we talked about them - the A/D of creatures based on the player's A/D and rationality values and the exp you get, and the other way around - the exp you can get from a creature based on your attack, defense and rationality values. I based the creatures values on the values posted here, but I can't be 100% sure all of them are correct (my own creatures' a/d list is very incomplete, as I started making it at a high a/d values and also - I can't fight all the creatures in the game). Also - there are still missing values (marked as "N/A" in the program) - those are the same values we're all missing.

Here is the file:

http://www.geocities.com/smalul/EL_Calculators.zip

It's for windows users only (like I said - it was written in VB) - just extract the file from the zip and run it.

If you get a message you're missing some files, you probably need the vbrun files, which can be downloaded from Microsoft's site:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;DisplayLang=en

Let me know if you find any bugs, or if you have any updated information.

I hope you like it.

Edited by smalul

Not bad Smalul, I got an a/d calculator in my Excel files tho, I'll ask my bro to upload it tomorrow.

I'll see if I can still get in an exp calculator too.

-Blee

p/c? Is this something that we can determine? It'd be nice to factor into the "difficulty" rankings.

You can do a difficulty ranking, but never get an accurate p/c. And personally I think the tigers have a lot of vitaliry rather then phys. Even if their phys was all their hitpoints (75 so 28 phys), wouldn't explain them being able to absorb so much damage. With 78 attack and 24/46 p/c I did 1-5 damage on white tigers.

Down to white tiger, polar bear, and panda bear!

WHite tiger: 60/60 (47/44 a/d exp, 80/83 a/d, 21 rat) (thanks Marwen for tracking down the glacmor tigers :))

Polar bear: 55/50 (27/34 a/d exp, 80/83 a/d, 21 rat)

Panda is too hard for me to determine it's def. I'll leave that to someone that is ~40 att.

Excellent -- that just leaves polar bears.

I've added exp calculation to my spreadsheet, but now there's a new set of data that's missing -- minimum attack exp and minimum defense exp. I'll probably work on a few of them tonight, but I'm fairly low level, so won't be able to get the minimums on very many. I already have rabbit, brownie, skunk, wood sprite, fox, deer, and boar.

http://www.geocities.com/smalul/EL_Calculators.zip

It's for windows users only (like I said - it was written in VB) - just extract the file from the zip and run it.

If you get a message you're missing some files, you probably need the vbrun files, which can be downloaded from Microsoft's site:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;DisplayLang=en

Also runs fine under wine if any linux users want to try it (You still need the VB6 runtime dll)

Ok, tomorrow I'll get the Excel file hosted. I've just rounded up most things on the list. Everything that was posted here is in it, except for the attack and defense experience minimums.

I've added all the levels, animal and monsters apart, from weakest to strongest (so depending on result of atk+def) There might be a few switched around but they should be about right. Thats the first list.

Then on the second list you will find everything in alphabetical order. So if you're looking for like umm..

Grizzly bear, you can look at the G. Might be easier sometimes.

Third sheet will contain the a/d calculator that I copied from WizzKidd. And I also made an experience calculator there. I tried testing it with Kat but something didn't work out, there might be a slight error in my formula. If something looks completely wrong there, let me know so I can correct it.

IF this is quite complete enough for all of ya, I will start working on another file. Which will be pretty much the same, but a bit more fun to work with.

-Blee

Updated the program with the Polar Bears and White Tigers values. Also fixed the negative exp you'll get from creatures - the minimum value is now the rationality modifier (I know that's not the real value you'll get at the minimum exp, but we don't have a minimum exp chart for each creature, so this is close enough).

Also runs fine under wine if any linux users want to try it (You still need the VB6 runtime dll)

Thanks for checking.

List updated -- thanks, RallosZek.

I have a couple more minimums added in, but not many. I'm not a fighter, so most things don't give minimums to me.

If you don't know how to calculate the minimums, don't worry -- just post your rationality, what animal you're fighting, and what att/def it gives you.

Edited by KarenRei

Surely the attributes derived from Phys/Coord are important too? Maybe my understanding is flawed, but the higher a monster's phys, the more damage he does when he hits you. (Sort of like carrying a bigger sword). Couldn't this be calculated too, by observing how much damage monsters do?

Coord cross attributes might be harder to estimate, though.

The only thing that can be "measured" via the damage you take is the monsters might. It is nigh impossible to tell the exact p/c of a monster/creature, only an educated guess can be made. High phys monsters often hit for hard, but don't hit criticals often so if you can block their damage you get hit seldom (e.g. Cyclops, fluffy), high coord monsters hit a lot of criticals and you get hit for a lot even if you are above their levels (e.g. trolls, armed orcs).

If someone already answered this then my apoligies. Couldn't be bothered with reading the full topic =[

I just wanna add, that cyclops, yeti and giant in my opinion have higher phys than coord or at least the same.

Fluffy is a coord beast.

All kinds of chims have very high phys and coord but proportionaly to their a/d less phys than cyc, yeti and giant.

Best 4 train r( as i many times said): large spider, medium garg(winged, 35hp), male ogre, fluffy and yeti( last1 not cous of a/d/p/c proportions but cous of drops- u will be able 2 afford full tit set+col+ cutlass or even new thermal serp from the shop durning training sessions on them :confused:

PS. Im glad that this topic has grown so much, i really like those a/d/p/c conversations =p

eMPi

Just wanted to post to tell everyone about the delay of my file. My bro was supposed to host it but I didn't get the file to him yet because he's AFK a lot. So when I try to send the file its often not transfered to him because he's not around.

-Blee

I've sent the file and you can find it here!

Bleeds page of files.

Have fun with it and I'll start working on my other file some time soon!

-Blee

P.S. I think there was still an animal missing, but I'm not sure, if you see one is missing, post is here please.

This is Greeat :icon13:

P.S. I think there was still an animal missing, but I'm not sure, if you see one is missing, post is here please.

i could just be blind but i thnk panda is missing

Aha, you're right, the panda! But now I remember, we haven't got both atk&def of it yet, so I didn't add it.

-Blee

I just wanna add, that cyclops, yeti and giant in my opinion have higher phys than coord or at least the same.

Fluffy is a coord beast.

Yeah, I see that very well atm. 81/83 a/d, with steel plate, no probs to hit cyclops anymore and continuous a/d exp. Fluff with bone, I can go anywhere from 3 to 10 seconds without getting any exp, even with a/d pots, but their max damage is way lower and I don't take damage a lot (steel takes care of it). With lesser armor I'm taking a lot of small hits, where on cyc I mostly only take criticals and the non-crits that get through are higher of dmg.

Best 4 train r( as i many times said): large spider, medium garg(winged, 35hp)

Spiders got upgraded :/

They're an alternative for medium garg now, similar a/d, but more hp, less crits then garg. Twenties path is back to gob/small garg.

Yeti - 125/125

Yeti has 120 a/d

Arc, r u sure?. I remember yeti gave me more def exp than Nita when he was ~120 attack lvl.

Can u plz compare def exp from some1 who has 125 attack and yeti?

eMPi

ok, they have 125 :D i checked this again, sorry :P

Edited by ArcantriS

correction: the armed male gobs have 65 material points not 60 like it is mentioned in the xls file!

Thanks, I can't change it right away tho, I don't have rights to put things online on the site yet. My brother is working on that tho. It'll be changed as soon as I get rights to uploading things to it. Then I'll change my excel and put my other stuffs up there aswell.

-Blee