Eternal Lands Official Forums
The_Knight

Summoning Stones

honestly i think a summoner like blodoks or myself should do a price estimatation and even with that the npc price should be 50% more... honestly whats the point in leveling summon if people without level/nexus can just click and poof no fail/mana giants/artics etc...

honestly i love the idea as a way for summoners to turn some sort of profit/benefit finally after degenerating chances of summoning being useful but summoners wont really be able to compete with the npc specialyl if the ingreds are the same and or req. serp stones or something of that nature to make.

still think its a good idea havent had the chance to test em out maybe im just wrong

honestly i think a summoner like blodoks or myself should do a price estimatation and even with that the npc price should be 50% more... honestly whats the point in leveling summon if people without level/nexus can just click and poof no fail/mana giants/artics etc...

honestly i love the idea as a way for summoners to turn some sort of profit/benefit finally after degenerating chances of summoning being useful but summoners wont really be able to compete with the npc specialyl if the ingreds are the same and or req. serp stones or something of that nature to make.

You can't do a price estimation simply adding up the ingredients prices.

I agree with you: there's an incalculable value added... there's a difficulty to collect rare items...

I see the price of Bone of Death, 150k gc, and I think giant worth more.

I repeat: Npc can't sell monster stones otherwise will have always lupines harvesters, muling, etc... :)

Ok, since you guys bitch like this, after I made it clear that I am revising some prices, I will revert it back to the original prices and summoning formulas.

Do I have to say I am unhappy EVERYONE can summon what they want now... If you can just buy them no point in working on summoning skill. This is a huge disappointment.

The idea of summoning stones is great, but I was expecting summoning stones to me manufacturable only (under summoning skill), not buyable.

You can't do a price estimation simply adding up the ingredients prices.

I agree with you: there's an incalculable value added... there's a difficulty to collect rare items...

I see the price of Bone of Death, 150k gc, and I think giant worth more.

I repeat: Npc can't sell monster stones otherwise will have always lupines harvesters, muling, etc... :)

Well, I think it's the same for high manufacturable/craftable items. So I don't really see why these stones couldn't be sold by NPCs?

But I agree that they should have a higher price in order that summoners like you can sell them on market for cheaper.

You are going to soooo regret bitching like this :)

Here is the changes I made:

Made the Yeti Stone 10K, reduced the summoning cost to 2 ele (everything else the same)

Increased the Arctic Chim Stone cost to 13K, reduced it to 4 ele.

Increased the Giant Stone to 20K, reduced the cost to 1 EME

But now I will revert them to what they were.

It's too bad if you're doing a revert Ent. I'm not a summoner but this update seems really great!

Btw, like Atlantis said, summons will not attack you if you have the MM perk, so summoners will always have the advantage in PK maps I guess...

And at last, it's a good way for summoners to make money with their skill.

Well, I think it's the same for high manufacturable/craftable items. So I don't really see why these stones couldn't be sold by NPCs?

But I agree that they should have a higher price in order that summoners like you can sell them on market for cheaper.

A lot of players buy equipment items just for a look question, but with giants you can kill easy #1 fighter. Stones are like weapons. At this point a new character, after a week of lupines, can go in PK and make chaos.

At Entropy. I try do discuss with others players: someone posted some prices formulas and for my point of view it was low. About Npc, ok, it's my idea.

Btw, like Atlantis said, summons will not attack you if you have the MM perk, so summoners will always have the advantage in PK maps I guess...

How do you know?

You are going to soooo regret bitching like this :)

Here is the changes I made:

Made the Yeti Stone 10K, reduced the summoning cost to 2 ele (everything else the same)

Increased the Arctic Chim Stone cost to 13K, reduced it to 4 ele.

Increased the Giant Stone to 20K, reduced the cost to 1 EME

But now I will revert them to what they were.

Of course revert them to whatever you want :) your game afterall.

hint: you can also get rid of sumoning skill now :)

Well Atlantis said that according to you, they'll not attack if you have MM perk so I trust him and you btw :)

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...st&p=314036

I never said that.

Ok so nevermind... forgot what I said :)

So if it's not true, I agree with blodoks that it can change PK a lot (and summoning of course) and maybe in the wrong way...

EDIT: modified the last line

Edited by Schmurk

i in no way meant to bitch, i however, i think other summoners also, just thought it would of been done differently is all to try and make sumomning a somewhat level'd playing field as other skills, leveling summoning is hard enough... in crafting and manufacturing you have people leveling passed others left n right trying to be the best with summoning i doubt blodoks or myself will be passed anytime soon cause there is no real motivation to level summon other than have fun which is fine with me since im already at a high level. i like reni thought it would just be summon'd manu'd only which would open up new possiblities for summoners to recoup the thousands upon millions of gc/time spent trying to get the level just to be able to have the honor to summon a giant or w/e your goal is to summon to each his own....

i never liked to summon but over time i loved being able to summon w/e i wanted and be one of the best summoners in game.. the stones pretty much push back our achievements of leveling a skill that is basically a hobby skill... i hope you dont see this as bitching/complaining just trying to state my point of view summon wise.

To you summoners, yes maybe summoning isn't necessary anymore because of the stones, but you've got no idea yet of what they would require to make.

I think there won't be a lot of people who could actually MAKE Giant/Arctic stones, because it will rely on the summon skill. Maybe the idea was not to ruin summoning, but to give you a chance to hit the market.

But from what I read, Ent already reverted his idea, you had your chance, you ruined it. Your choice.

-Blee

one of the theses i level'd summoning to 60+ was so one day in the future it could be of some use, possibly part of shapeshifting and was excited when summoning stones were bing talked about.... not much of a chance to hit the market when only ~4 people would be able to make them and there would be little use for them cause theres alot of people that diss and tp in ~1sec.. maybe im missing something ... like i said i liked the idea and how summoners could possibly make some money of a skill that has no real benefit like the other skills... i love to summon when i get bored its funny to see them run around, its not so much others can summon things wihtout level or nexus that bothers me just the fact that wont be many people to sell to be realistic

there is no real motivation to level summon other than have fun

....well, isn't that why you level in any skill? Or play the game at all? :whistle:

The main part of my fun is fighting stuff that beats the crap out of me. Somehow I just like the survival aspect of it.

-Blee

Ok, since you guys bitch like this, after I made it clear that I am revising some prices, I will revert it back to the original prices and summoning formulas.

I appologize now, but I don't see this as bitching, [bitching: excessive complaining!] What was said before was by players listing their concerns. If you wand a good example of bitching, refer back to branch of destruction debate.

Your the game developer, you can do with this game as you wish, but we normally don't understand what you have in mind. We are Beta testers, it's up to us to play the game, look for bugs, and forward our concerns to the developers. We do this because we enjoy the game, and wish to feel that we are doing our part to make the game better. With your above statement you discourage people from sharing their concerns about game development.

Edit:

This post was done by Ice, sorry did not realize that was still logged in on mrs_ice account after uploading a photo for the art contest for her!

Edited by Mrs_Ice

i didnt see any of these posts as bitching, but then again its up to the reader to decide the tone of a post and, well, my names Happy so i read most things in a more plesant way than most ppl.

i, and im sure the other summoners, dont want you to revert the NPC prices back to what they were, i was glad that you were actually looking at the going in game prices for things

P.S. in no way is any of this post a bitching post.

To you summoners, yes maybe summoning isn't necessary anymore because of the stones, but you've got no idea yet of what they would require to make.

I think there won't be a lot of people who could actually MAKE Giant/Arctic stones, because it will rely on the summon skill. Maybe the idea was not to ruin summoning, but to give you a chance to hit the market.

But from what I read, Ent already reverted his idea, you had your chance, you ruined it. Your choice.

-Blee

Yes, that was exactly the idea.

How do you know?

Well Atlantis said that according to you, they'll not attack if you have MM perk so I trust him and you btw :)

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...st&p=314036

I never said that.

I don't have my chat log on hand, maybe you misunderstood me. This is something like what I said last night, I guess I was confused

Atlantis: question

Atlantis: do they not attack if you have mm perk/cape?

radu: as with all summons

i didnt see any of these posts as bitching, but then again its up to the reader to decide the tone of a post and, well, my names Happy so i read most things in a more plesant way than most ppl.

i, and im sure the other summoners, dont want you to revert the NPC prices back to what they were, i was glad that you were actually looking at the going in game prices for things

P.S. in no way is any of this post a bitching post.

Of course, bitching is something subjective. But they were still complaining how much this sucks for them, even after I made it clear that the prices were provisory, and that I am working at adjusting them.

Had they waited for them to actually change, and then give me their oppinions again, that would have been fine, I guess.

My objective was to make the top summoners be able to get some money selling their stones. Now, of course, it won't happen. Unless if all of you who bitched here pays a 100Kgc fine (I am talking about the top summoners).