Eternal Lands Official Forums
The_Knight

Summoning Stones

Well, if the other two also apologize, and each one of you pays a 100Kgc bitching fine, I will reconsider it and make the summoning stones worth it for the top summoners.

if i had the gc i would pay the "bitching fee" but got like 40k or something summon and crafting are costly skills unforetunetly, if the others agree to it ill sell some of my armor even though i decided i wanted to keep it but ill sell it i suppose, cause im sure it will be worth it

I'd rather focus on some other skills instead, I already wasted too much gc on that one. So keep it the way you want if you think that's good for the game, so be it.

Guest ohmygod

Havent read all the posts sorry because i am on my way to work but, was wondering if Smite Summoned will be made magic lvl based? or is it already?

Edited by ohmygod

Omg, I'm getting just as sick of this bitching as Ent is. Yes it would be nice if we could get everything just the way we wanted it, but this game is bigger than one person. Just because it may not benefit you doesn't mean it doesn't benefit the game as a whole. And wtf is with this jumping on a new addition before waiting to see what impact it has? Can't you even leave it for a frakking day, never mind a week before bashing something? And may I remind you, that a number of items are sold by NPCs but still sell on market. A few adjustments to the prices, so that made ones would be cheaper than buying them, and there you go, problem solved. But no, you had to whine, and now no one wins.

:)

Nothing more to say.

Piper

Havent read all the posts sorry because i am on my way to work but, was wondering if Smite Summoned will be made magic lvl based? or is it already?

It is.

Ok, well, since only one of those 3 top summoners that bitched is willing to pay the fine, and since I want the summoning stones to actually be useful, here is what I am going to do.

I will split them in 2 groups. The first group (weaker ones) are going to be manufacturable under the summoning skill. The last five will be placed under the crafting skill, and I am sure the crafters will enjoy them.

Well thats your decision. I want the summon stones to be useful too, and fun! Might I suggest putting in the weaker ones to see how things go, and then putting in the higher ones later in whichever skill you feel is best? It doesn't really affect me since I'm an all-rounder, but I dare say there's a few mid-level summoners that will be disappointed that they won't have these stones to work towards being able to make.

My suggestion is, away from if crafters or summoners make such stones, to have at least a nexus and/or/or both a summmoning level involved for using the stones.

I wont like the idea somehow, that a n00b with a credit card or a harvester with a lot of money and no nexus/skill related to summoning can use the stone.

Lets say, (its an example, so dont beat me for the levels), you can summon a giant at summon level 50, but you can use a stone at summon level 25.

And/or lower creatures like rats or deers you can use the stone without any levels/nexus.

But using the stones to summon high level creatures by just using a stone without any level or nexus sounds somehow wrong for me.

My 2 cents, again :)

Piper

I've read most of this thread, and just to make sure what you're talking about - are summoning stones like "monster in a can"? People with high enough summoning skill just put in the ings (probably the ings needed for the creature plus something extra) and they get a stone? And then the user just "use it" (or "add water" to continue the can analogy) and they get that creature?

If this is the case, does it mean you can get those stones (probably at a much higher cost than the ings needed to summon a creature) and use them even with 0 summoning skill?

I also read there would be 10 stones- may I ask for what creatures (I assume not for rabbits)?

I'm sorry if this bother any of you, but this topic is spread over 3 thread (the suggestion, the update, and this one), so it's hard to keep track...

I'd pay the fine if I wasn't a dirt poor top 10 summoner. Well, I had logged in the last few weeks sparingly to lvl my summoning, but seems a little pointless too now, unless I'm just totally not understanding these stones.

Is there ever going to be a nexus/level requirement to use them? I'm hoping I'm really not understanding these things in my abscenece from everyday game play. Can someone (preferrably Radu since HE knows exactly what he's doing with these) can clear this up for me.

PS if I need to pay the bitching fine, I'll get to work on that next time I log in :)

But using the stones to summon high level creatures by just using a stone without any level or nexus sounds somehow wrong for me.

I understand what you're saying, but I always thought that was the value of the stones. It would allow people (yes, perhaps newbs too) to be able to "summon" a creature that they normally couldn't due to nexus or skill requirements.

Pick Points are way to valuable to "waste" so that you could use a stone. I won't even use them so that I can summon stuff (I'm stuck at rabbits and rats (and perhaps some other stuff now that Entropy changed the nexus requirements)). Requiring 50% or 25% of the skill level of the origional animal to use its stone is better, but still reduces their usefulness to people somewhat.

After all, it doesn't take any skill or nexus to use a ring that a crafter needed both to be able to make. I see summoning stones in the same way. Anyone with the money can buy mana-burn or damage rings and use them (no nexus or skill required). I would expect the same for summoning stones.

IMHO

I understand what you're saying, but I always thought that was the value of the stones. It would allow people (yes, perhaps newbs too) to be able to "summon" a creature that they normally couldn't due to nexus or skill requirements.

Pick Points are way to valuable to "waste" so that you could use a stone. I won't even use them so that I can summon stuff (I'm stuck at rabbits and rats (and perhaps some other stuff now that Entropy changed the nexus requirements)). Requiring 50% or 25% of the skill level of the origional animal to use its stone is better, but still reduces their usefulness to people somewhat.

After all, it doesn't take any skill or nexus to use a ring that a crafter needed both to be able to make. I see summoning stones in the same way. Anyone with the money can buy mana-burn or damage rings and use them (no nexus or skill required). I would expect the same for summoning stones.

IMHO

Somehow I don't see how those two skills can be compared bkc. Making a ring and selling it to be used by all is what someone chooses as thier income.

Summoning up til now has been something a few have strived to be the best at and sunk ALOT of gc into, and nexuses, and time. Very few stuck with it through the cooldown implementation, but those of us that did got rewarded with the summoning areas to train our LEVELS.

What Im seeing with these stones in that any old lvl 20 noob that harvs lilacs for a week and buy a giant summoning stone, have 0 summoning/0 ani nex, and go own some med-high lvl fighter that pkd him when he stuck his nose in kf. If this is the case (this is what I need clarifying in my post above) then what was all the work, time and money for that some of us have invested in this skill?

Not bitching, just really lost and conused by all the griping and complaining. Just need a straight answer is all. Please and thank you.

Edited by LadyWolf

LW:

The same can be said about a level 20 newbie that harvests flowers for a week then buys the best armor (which is more expensive that the summoning stones anyway).

As for the bitchign fine, you don't have to pay it, because you didn't bitch. However, if you and someone else pays for LadyReni and Blodoks (which would be humiliating for them), then I am willing to go to the original plan and make it worthwhile for the summoners.

And I had other plans too that would have helped the summoners, but in the light of the new events, I am not sure if I am going to implement it.

so ppl decide to make money by making and selling these stones to newbies. just like th crafters make the rings to C2 and make money selling them to newbies, makes perfect sence to me.

Anyone with the money can buy mana-burn or damage rings and use them (no nexus or skill required).

Technically - yes. But how does that help a 3 a/d against a 50 a/d? And how does a fluffy help a 3 a/d against a 50 a/d?

I would expect the same for summoning stones.

The advantage is way bigger. I think the level requirement is a good restriction. There are after all blessings and pots.

Edited by RallosZek

Edit double post sry

ill be willing to pitch in for the unpayed fine, it will work better for us lower summoners in the end, ill get some GC together

Edited by Happy_G

Technically - yes. But how does that help a 3 a/d against a 50 a/d? And how does a fluffy help a 3 a/d against a 50 a/d?

Pretty much the same way a bone of death or ring of power would help a newbie fight a level 50. Besides for that, the level 50 people can also buy those stones, no?

So between a level 3 with a fluffy stone and a level 50 with a fluffy stone, who would be more likely to win?

LW:

The same can be said about a level 20 newbie that harvests flowers for a week then buys the best armor (which is more expensive that the summoning stones anyway).

As for the bitchign fine, you don't have to pay it, because you didn't bitch. However, if you and someone else pays for LadyReni and Blodoks (which would be humiliating for them), then I am willing to go to the original plan and make it worthwhile for the summoners.

And I had other plans too that would have helped the summoners, but in the light of the new events, I am not sure if I am going to implement it.

If it will save the skill , I'll do what I can to donate toward the fine if others will pitch in.

I think the issue is this: A bone of death or RoP will do little or nothing against a level 50 (because they will not/rarely hit them) Someone who has joined the game today can summon an artic chim wolf, and own anyone who is >90 a/d. Isn't this a bit of a problem?

Someone who just joined the game today (or in the last few months) will get their ass kicked right away after entering a PK map.

The top 50 fighters can survive a giant without too much problems, if properly equiped. On the other hand, a high level player can kill that n00b in one hit.

Well, I have 1 summoner has offered to pitch in towards the unpaid part of the fines. Any other summoners wanna help with this?

so ent, what is the remaining fine. total

300Kgc (no one paid anything so far).

BTW, to make it fair, I will use this money as funds for a contest.

If you will take it i will place my Staff of protection in i dont have gold as i have been training summoning, but that is my most prized possesion that i can trade. it is priceless to me but there you go, it would make a nice prize.

I wont make any other comments over the whole affair as i dont think it would be wise: if its acceptable pm me in game or via forum

Edit: Added forum pm as im going to bed soon

Edited by Thyralax