Eternal Lands Official Forums
Derin

Marketplace posting

When you are selling something in the Marketplace, it is nice to:

1. Make a descriptive title

Like: Selling 2 titanium longswords. The idea is to help ppl to find your add here, so "smoe st00f" might not be the best title for a topic here.

2. Post relevant answers/comments.

Replies like "Ha! I PK teh st00f for free, cuz I pr0" etc would be grossly off-topic, and we know what we do with grossly off-topic replies, don't we?

3. No Hijacking

Make your own topic. Do not add a reply with something like: "I am selling cuisses too" etc. Instead make a new topic with an appropriate name.

4. When items are sold

Update your post or make a final post like: "SOLD". This will help people to know that the item is gone and if all, that is being sold, is gone the forum moderators can close the topic.

buying / selling st00f for usd is allowed or not? since just posted a topic and it got deleted i think... and its not stated in the rules....

buying / selling st00f for usd is allowed or not? since just posted a topic and it got deleted i think... and its not stated in the rules....

From forum rules:

10. Sell and Trade at your own risk.

Eternal Lands will not be held responsible for any transactions made in game or on the forums dealing with real monetary currency or in game money or items. No buying or selling of character accounts is to be made in any forum or in game public chat or channels.

You were trying to buy a character.

Also we do not support $USD transactions publically advertised because we have no control over them and cannot prevent scams and people losing their real money.

From forum rules:

10. Sell and Trade at your own risk.

Eternal Lands will not be held responsible for any transactions made in game or on the forums dealing with real monetary currency or in game money or items. No buying or selling of character accounts is to be made in any forum or in game public chat or channels.

You were trying to buy a character.

Also we do not support $USD transactions publically advertised because we have no control over them and cannot prevent scams and people losing their real money.

well is it possible to buy back my char? :cry: the one that i lost around 2½ years ago in the server crash :P if i got a screenshot of the stats back then? heard rumours of people getting back theyre chars (that theyve deleted or something else like that happened to them) for paying USD...

No, all the chars were lost in that server crash and everyone had to start over again.

Has something been done to protect this from happening again?

No, all the chars were lost in that server crash and everyone had to start over again.
Has something been done to protect this from happening again?
Yes, now they save the char data to disk (why you do a #save). Hopefully, they also have backups off the computer (in case of disk crash) and even off-site from the server (in case of a serious event like a fire).

Mind if I enquire with regards to posted replies on threads in this section that people have a habit of mentioning where a cheaper price can be found? IE:- someone creates a thread to sell a book (any book) for 10k, and someone else replies that they can buy it for 5k from XXX player/bot?

My personal opinion is that the reply is bad mannered hijacking, but what is the official take please?

Another issue that I've seen quite a bit recently:

Player A posts an auction, with starting price

Players B,C, and D bid well below the starting price.

If a starting price is given, chances are the item won't be sold below that, so aren't those bids basically spam? They could also be seen as hijacking since the auction starter generally has no desire for lower bids.

For reference: http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=49087

While on the subject of auctions, how about we get rid of the " I reserve the right not to sell if Im not happy with the price" since it just wastes peoples time.

How about and this might be a weird concept... if you want/are happy with X amount of gc for an item, start the bidding at that amount

If a starting price is given, chances are the item won't be sold below that, so aren't those bids basically spam? They could also be seen as hijacking since the auction starter generally has no desire for lower bids.

On the other hand, at times the seller will lower his or her estimates (e.g., http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=48756) based on how the auction goes. In such cases, having the (lower) bids already there will save a separate auction (which could in turn end up in no-bids, etc.).

Unfortunately, there is no way to tell if the lower bids will end up as "spam" (because someone bids higher in the end) or as useful posts (because the seller will lower the starting price, based on the reaction to the bid, or maybe sell to the highest bidder).

It is however true that posts pointing out that the bids are below the starting price, and comments to those posts, and replies to the comments, are probably hijacking the auction (I apologize for having posted such comments recently :)).

Edited by Usl

Mind if I enquire with regards to posted replies on threads in this section that people have a habit of mentioning where a cheaper price can be found? IE:- someone creates a thread to sell a book (any book) for 10k, and someone else replies that they can buy it for 5k from XXX player/bot?

My personal opinion is that the reply is bad mannered hijacking, but what is the official take please?

Yes, that is bad mannered hijacking and should not happen. Nobody wants to see somebody get ripped off but it is the bidder's responsibility to do his own research before bidding.

Another issue that I've seen quite a bit recently:

Player A posts an auction, with starting price

Players B,C, and D bid well below the starting price.

Usl is correct, these posts actually do have a use in case the seller wants to lower his price. And yes the comments about that are just spam and will be removed if seen.

While on the subject of auctions, how about we get rid of the " I reserve the right not to sell if Im not happy with the price" since it just wastes peoples time.

How about and this might be a weird concept... if you want/are happy with X amount of gc for an item, start the bidding at that amount

Some people don't like to list prices in case they could get more than they thought. Of course, that can always backfire and they get a bunch of crummy bids too, which is why they say that in their post. I think moderating that part of it is a bit too controlling and strict though. A person who does this enough will just end up with a bad selling reputation and nobody will buy from him in the end.

As long as they are relating to different items, are we allowed to have more than one active marketplace posting at a time?

Something I had notice are some auctions with a starting price and the legend "I reserve the right of not sell it if the price is too low".

An ethic behaviour and good marketing rules determinate that if you set a starting price for an auction that is the minimun that you will accept for complete the transaction. It has no sence to not sell it if someone offered the starting price (or more, but not enought as you want).

Hello,

I'd like to report that the forum topic that I run, "**Generation X**Harvesting** - the 3rd Degree" has somehow disappeared from the forums. I'd like this back, as I do not benefit from this, but the other players who work with me.

if this was intentional, I would like to know the reason. If not, then I guess it was a system glitch or something.

Please put it back up.

Thanks,

Dib

edit:

thread restored!! and many thanks to radu for his invaluable assistance :pickaxe:

Edited by DibClark