Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ShadowKnight

Ideas

Ok if they now have gargoyles which only attack at night, how about vampires? Obviously, they can only attack at night, but they can also steal health! Also, as an option, when they are almost dead, you need to finish them off with a stake, holy water, etc. or they will simply act dead, but will just wake up after a while and go on a killing spree again. If they are killed, there is a long respawn time to make killing it worthwhile. Also, make townsfolk who just wander around like animals. However, vampires can attack them and turn them into vampires. I remember there's a Karma feature. Well, saving the townsfolk gives a big boost and killing them lowers it. That's it for now, but I may add on, and if you like any of these ideas let me know.

That sounds cool and the townspeople thing would be awesome :( as for the karma its not been put in the game yet

fisrt I have to say Bigups for implementing some functionality to the day/night switching! was thinking about it just the other day.. as for townspeople, it'd be nice, especially if they reacted to night/day aswell, however it might get a bit crowded once the game goes gold and the players start rolling in and who wants an army of vampires roaming the countryside? might be nice If we could go daggerfall/Morrowind:bloodmoon and BECOME vamps/werewolves if bitten by one, endowing certain abilities and disabilities.. but thats bound to be a lot of work

but more power to the night/day concept, should have bandits/monsters active at night.. the other idea I had was for us animal hunters, in order to compensate for the rabbit population increase, should make them spawn more of them in the Morning/dusk times on the clock, anyone whos been hunting knows that those are the best times for it

Yep, vampires were already on our list, and they will be implemented when they are ready (shouldn't be longer than 1 month, I hope). As for their stats, and way to kill them, i don't know yet, perhaps others should express their oppinions.

The townfolks are great in single player games, but in MMORPGs... umm.. not quite. Each entity (player or AI/NPC) takes some resources, and most of the people will prefere new/existing monsters instead of 'zombies'. On the other hand, we were thinking to add something like town guards. But more on this later.

Woot, Vampires!

That's so sweet! I love it. One more thing for me to be afraid of, cause i'm a low lvl char. there is so much in this game already for me to achieve, by the time i am able to kill vampires there will prolly be even more stuff to achieve. I love how fast this game is advancing. I'm in for the long haul. :lol:

Maybe if you don't entirely kill a vampire(finish them off), then they become stronger, and continue to become stronger untill someone does. that way we can have newbie vamps and master vamps, the masters giving you way more exp, this will give some players motive for not finishing them all off. Ofcourse, there might need to be a cap on how strong they can become, cause they might become so strong that no one could kill them, no matter what lvl. Ent, is this at all possible, cause if you could do this(without going mad), it would give players even more choices.

If thats possible then you could do it with every single monster. For instance, an Orc or goblin might gain xp as ppl fight them. The thing is, that many ppl will have to fight the monster for it to rise lvls and that is highly unlikely as ppl would rather kill them and wait for a fully healed monster to respawn.

I think that staking vampires is lame. I have no idea where the story first originated but it makes very little sense at all (plus, it's overdone. Almost everybody has vampires that can be staked). How about adding a 'banish' spell to the game? With that, you can banish the undead from ths world once they go down :)

Players would be forced somewhat to team up. Eg figher + mage. Fighter kills vampire to 0 hitpoints. Vampire goes down for a short while (very short... like 10 seconds... hunting vampires should be dangerous). In that short time the vampire is down, the mage would have to cast 'banish' on the corpse to really kill it. If he doesn't do that, the vampire rises up again (with the appropriate bad attitude ofcourse).

You can use this technique for other undead as well, like zomies, skeletons, liches, etcetera.

in fact, stakeing a vampire will not kill it. it will only paralyze it. if stake is removed it will come back with a vengance. to kill it you must burn it or cut its head off...

the stake stuff is actualy one of the things that survived from the original vampire legends. and those are very diffrent from the dracula style ones we have today.

iirc, in Bram Stoker's Dracula (the book, not the movie), they had to stake 'em first, and then cut off the head.

not so, the original balkan (or there about) way of dealing with a vampire was to dig it up, stake it tru the heart to imobelize it and then chop its head off...

theyre image of a vampire isnt a hansome aristocrat with fangs but rather a corpse thats blown up allmost like a ballon...

Which is also nice, but maybe not that suitable for el.

On the other hand, how about manufacturing gun powder :)

EDIT: make that alchemy.

hell, just give me the ability to make molotovs or cast fireball spells :)

hmm, would be a bit funny if one could have a stack of potions that one could put in a green slot and it would be automaticly used over time :)

btw, still awake entropy?

Which is also nice, but maybe not that suitable for el.

On the other hand, how about manufacturing gun powder :)

EDIT: make that alchemy.

no no no please, no gunpowder. To me gunpowder ruins a fantasy world. Way too much effect. You get cannons and stuff. Possibly arkbusses as well (the really, really, really ancient first guns). And if you try to limit it, it'll get even worse. Gunpowder will become the most sought-after material in the game. More even than titanium/platinum/adamantine and the likes of those.

I'll stick with swords & bows thank you very much

LOL. I under stand your point. Still, it would be fun to blow up a castle or two :twisted:

Well, if there's going to be vampires and werewolves, how about weapons that are mainly used to slay these kind of monsters, like silver for instance... im not sure how it works... maybe make them do extra damage on werewolves or something... And of course it would be nice to see some trinkets that help defeat these dark minions, like garlic necklaces or silver crosses (well they may be a bit lame examples, but you get the point...) and these trinkets would protect you from the leeching touch of the vampires or something along those lines, that way you would have to prepare for the encounters with special weaponry :wink:

Enslave some Ogres or Trolls and make them throw rocks at the castle. Way more fun

Yeah! Entropy, can I have an ogre on a leash?? Please?? :)

Well, if there's going to be vampires and werewolves, how about weapons that are mainly used to slay these kind of monsters, like silver for instance... im not sure how it works...

You could also do these with spells. You could somehow 'enchant' a weapon to be able to kill vampires, wraiths (except one :)), zombies, etcetera. The spell would have limited time ofcourse (like 15-30 minutes). It would give players another reason to team up :)

No see, my point was that you gain a certain amount of exp for "bringing down" a vampire, and if you don't finish him/her off they get up and are stronger and now give even more exp when you put them down a second time, a third time and so on, while the vampire's combat stats, material points, and exp given increase succesivly. This way you could find one vampire, as they should be fairly scarce in population(not like the bunnies), and train on that one vampire, this makes it easier to train on them, but the catch is you better be well prepared to do this, maybe with a team of vampire hunters.

As for how they are finished off it really doesnt matter to me, a stake, a spell, a medalion, garlic, etc. are all acceptable. And I think this should only apply to vampires and not other undead, like zombies, skelletons, etc. those are only minions of evil, Vampires are masters of pure evil, that evil is what makes them so much stronger and harder to kill then other undead.

I'm glad I know there will be vamps. Although when I was talking about townspeople, I didn't mean they'd be intelligent, or that you could talk to them. You don't even have to give them a name, just call them "villager." They would just wander from place to place just like any other animal. In fact, it would just be a wild animal until a vamp comes along. Then it would feed on the villager, restoring its health. Afterwards, it can convert that villager into a vampire. However, you can jump in and save that villager, which would increase your karma (which is a "feature" that may or may not be implemented in the future.) I'm not talking about any massive update with the townsfolk, just a new wild animal that runs from vamps and can be converted into one.

I like the idea of vamps that can come back stronger, and I would like it if things have weaknesses. I was thinking of it myself but I was going to keep things simple for now. It would be nice if there were elemental magic so you could just burn vamps. Also if races get unique stats, they could also have bonuses and weaknesses. Also, how about a paralyze spell? A banish spell would be cool too.

:idea: Ok, I was also thinking, how about themed items? I was thinking that if theres a sun, moon, and stars medallion how about matching swords, shields, etc. If you wore the set they would be stronger. I would make them all different but equal. Moon items specialize in defense, sun is damage, and star is accuracy. Also, each would have a bonus. Sun stuff gets a +1 bonus all 3 hours of the day, Moon gets a +2 bonus for 2 hours of the night, and star gets a +3 bonus for 1 hour in the night. I even have have an idea for how they look.

Yes, I know I have no life, but that just leaves more time for video games. :wink:

I did think someone said that monsters should attack each other in the future how much harder would it be to make a villager convert? Anyway I think the idea of doing something special to kill these kind of creatures would be great :) Nothing more fun then teamwork to kill something have the buff guyz go up first to fight it down with a healer behind and then one more mage rushes in with the final fiery blow :lol:

I like the idea of vampires getting stronger. With the sugestions I made that is still possible (If you don't finish it off, he'll resurrect stronger). But the fact that you go 'train' on a vampire is... well.... friendly put.... BOLLOCKS.

Vamires are pure evil. They're princes of darkness. You don't go round training on vampires. You're going to collect a whole mob of players and hope you live through it (and he doesn't). If you want training, train on your mates. The sparring suggestions so far are pretty good (see another thread).

I wouln't mind making vampires extremely strong. Put only 1-3 in the game and scare the pants on even high level players. All they would need is good AI. They could walk around mids the players. Pretending to be human. Only to bite you when you are alone with them. Heck, you might rip LeelooMinai's script for such a thing :) Sit at the fire. Talk friendly to players and newbies. Untill you accidentally are alone with LeelooMinai at the campfire. hehehehehe

Or in another way, make vampires somewhat controlled by the gods and admins of this game. Meaning: Vampires don't wander around like normal beast. They are summoned by a god or admin. Weird?? Example:

Entropy is in a sadistic mood because he got bugged all day long by newbies. He wants to have some fun with his game. So he check to see if there are some rather bored high-level players on-line. He sees Thalos and a few others (rangers guild, for those who don't know Thalos), so entropy decides to 'stress-test' his players a bit by summoning a vampire in treetown to see how they will deal with this (treetown is protected ranger area. See the rangers website). Within minutes people start cloggin the channels like "OMG I GOT KIELLED IN TREETOWNZ! THEREZ A VAMP!1!`` OMGOMG". High level players (rangers and non-rangers) start gathering to deal with the thread in unity. Players mob up, get out the torches, etcetera. All-in-all a bloody but funny mess :)

All this would require is a #summon command for the sadistic admin in question and the ability to attack such a monster with more than one player at the same time.

ok, ok maybe I was off a bit with the whole training on vamps idea, but hey, it was like 5:00am when i posted that after being awake for over 28 hours, cut me some slack. :lol: I really just want to see the vamps grow stronger somehow, and i'm not sure how it can be done effectively. Thing is, even if the vamps were made godlike, eventually after a long while people would grow tired of fighting them becuase they would know what to expect. The coolest part about the whole concept of them growing stronger (somehow), is that the element of suprise would always be there. Some could be much stronger than gods, though no one would know going into battle, it makes it much more risky, everytime.

Sit at the fire. Talk friendly to players and newbies. Untill you accidentally are alone with LeelooMinai at the campfire. hehehehehe

LMFAO, now that's scary!

-Velocet