Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
crunchyuncle

mainly posting for a friend to look at so..

/el-132.x86.linux.bin: /usr/lib/libpng12.so.0: no version information available (required by ./el-132.x86.linux.bin)

Segmentation fault (core dumped)

this is after i installed it...same error as before

:P

There's a help me section for a reason.

Make sure you have libpng installed. Install it using your package manager (apt-cache search lib png in Debian based distros such as Ubuntu).

or, if you don't really care about screenies, you can remove -DPNG_SCREENSHOT and the linkage to libpng in your Makefile

/el-132.x86.linux.bin: /usr/lib/libpng12.so.0: no version information available (required by ./el-132.x86.linux.bin)

Segmentation fault (core dumped)

this is after i installed it...same error as before

Try the static version that is included as well.

the static gives me a whole slew of errors...ive been trying to work thru them with the .bin started with cal3d openal and a few others gettin thru them slowly hehe

goal is to have EL play flawlessly without using windose...im trying to ween myself from having to bother with constantly updating an already faulty OS(to say the least)

meaning XP pro corp

thanks for the help:)

Edited by CrunchyUncle

still having probs

lrwxrwxrwx 1 crunchyuncle crunchyuncle 19 Oct 25 16:28 libpng12.so.0 -> libpng12.so.0.1.2.8

this is after " ls -l " in the directory,

Note : libpng12.so.0->libpng12.so.0.1.2.8 is flashing red, im guessing this means a conflict but cant figure out how to resolve it.

and still have same error as previously stated.

about removing DPNG_SCREENSHOT where would i find that? and yes im uber n00b, but thats why im askin

thank you for your help

CU

Edited by CrunchyUncle

still having probs

lrwxrwxrwx 1 crunchyuncle crunchyuncle 19 Oct 25 16:28 libpng12.so.0 -> libpng12.so.0.1.2.8

this is after " ls -l " in the directory,

Note : libpng12.so.0->libpng12.so.0.1.2.8 is flashing red, im guessing this means a conflict but cant figure out how to resolve it.

and still have same error as previously stated.

about removing DPNG_SCREENSHOT where would i find that? and yes im uber n00b, but thats why im askin

thank you for your help

CU

That means the symlink is invalid. Thus you don't have the libs or it isn't linking to the latest .so.

If you're compiling yourself (which is what ttlanhil assumed thus his OPTION removal suggestion), you'll need to edit the Makefile that you're using to compile. In the OPTIONS section at the top you'll see several -DOPTION_NAME_HERE, remove -DPNG_SCREENSHOT and recompile.

I'd install the libs anyhow, if you're not compiling the client you're trying to use needs the libs anyway.

danm, u got that fucking segmentation error also :/ i've never been able to fix it...

anti root and thyralax gave me their suggestions but didn't help much (i regret ;X)

i got all the libs installed but i crash from time to time on certain maps when i play

on linux UBUNTU comp. (places i don't crash are hell, IP, carmien manor, DP) but

i just think i don't have the privileges to acces the lib files although they are installed...

i can't start the bin, only happens with the static btw. but on older versions, when

i was uding the .bin i had the same segmentation error.. i don't think its about

.static or.bin but more about ur access to the lib files.

Edited by Mr.Yndiana

Compile CVS without the options pertaining to the libs its complaining about.

However, there should be a difference between static and .bin... static should have everything compiled into it (except stuff like libc)... Devs?

Compile CVS without the options pertaining to the libs its complaining about.

However, there should be a difference between static and .bin... static should have everything compiled into it (except stuff like libc)... Devs?

maybe -_- i dunno much about that stuff lol, but antiroot advised me to use the .static version instead of the .bin when i told him i had segmentation errors...

Hey again,

The .static gives me an error as well, no segmentation error just a straight core dump, and no I'm not compiling any of it...im trying a few other distros on the other puters here, between Mandriva 2006, Suse10, and Knoppix, so far the best results have been with Suse, dunno if it has different libs or what but i can get it to run, just with major graphical flaws(missing textures etc) no crashes and the frame rate is phenomenal 200fps +.

specs on this box are:

amd athlon 2100

radeon 8500 128mb

640mb pc2100 ram

dual boot - windows xp pro/suse10

Edited by CrunchyUncle

Hey again,

The .static gives me an error as well, no segmentation error just a straight core dump.

try to launch the static with the terminal, you'll see its segmentation error aswell :icon13:

i'm reinstalling linux soon coz i can't play atm with that fucking ati drivers, got to change linux verion, i'll tell u if i still have thoses segmtentation error after :pirate:

edit : installed el and new ubuntu version, still have thoses fucking segmentation errors.. + i'm admin of my comp, dunno why i got thoses crashes ;x

Edited by Mr.Yndiana

got all the libs taken care of..now for more basic smeg:P

heres the new errors..and go figure textures and some graphics are either glitchy or totally missing ..no characters at all..

I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/usr/local/games/el//actor_defs/actor_defs.xml"

I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/usr/local/games/el//languages/en/strings/channels.xml"

I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/usr/local/games/el//languages/en/strings/channels.xml"

I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/usr/local/games/el//languages/en/books/races/human.xml"

I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/usr/local/games/el//books/races/human.xml"

I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/usr/local/games/el//languages/en/books/races/dwarf.xml"

I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/usr/local/games/el//books/races/dwarf.xml"

I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/usr/local/games/el//languages/en/books/races/elf.xml"

I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/usr/local/games/el//books/races/elf.xml"

I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/usr/local/games/el//languages/en/books/races/gnome.xml"

I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/usr/local/games/el//books/races/gnome.xml"

I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/usr/local/games/el//languages/en/books/races/orchan.xml"

I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/usr/local/games/el//books/races/orchan.xml"

I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/usr/local/games/el//languages/en/books/races/draegoni.xml"

I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/usr/local/games/el//books/races/draegoni.xml"

I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/usr/local/games/el//knowledge.xml"

I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/usr/local/games/el//knowledge.xml"

Vertex3f: 2

Normal3f: 1

there ya go, im thinking that its dealing with the directing info to the proper area i dunno... anyways see what ya can figure out its frustrating the funk outta me... at least its somewhat playable atm..just cant access sto..trade others or talk to NPCs lol

btw i looked here, and we seem to be having similar problems...ive directed it properly(so i think)

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=29224

Edited by CrunchyUncle

edit ~/.elc/el.ini and point data_dir to wherever you put your data (don't edit the el.ini there, because it won't work)

well i sent you a message but figured id post it here as well..

im quite new to linux..please elaborate ~/.elc/el.ini once there im sure i can figure the rest out..

thanks for your patience

~ is your home directory, normally /home/<username>

~/.elc means the directoy called dot-elc in your home directory (names starting with a dot are 'hidden', your file manager may show them shaded, or in the shell you use `'ls -a`, etc

~/.elc/el.ini is the file called el.ini in the directory .elc in your home directory.

if you type in that full name in your text editor, it should have no problems opening the right file

that did the trick sir....much thanks for your help:) *bows*

there are still a few minor bugs to work around but im sure these can be ironed out with time and changes in settings.

Thank You