Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Elune

Suggestions for the harvesting limit

I hate the harvesting limit (yeah, i know i say that everytime) and I have asked the programmers about it, they won't remove it, but maybe we can give good ideas so they can make harvesting 'possible' again. In many posts i have seen many ideas, and I am sure there are others who also have other suggestions. One suggestion seemed really good to me:

Make something like fatigue in runescape, so you get tired of harvesting and have to sleep to be able to continue. This can also take away all autoprogram problems on other skills.

I hope there will be many suggestions posted on this topic, and that the admins will read it and make work of it, so we can harvest normal again, instead of having to wait an hour each 120 harvests.

Like I stated before, I don't think the harvesting limit is a bad thing. It's a good solution against harvest xp boosters.

About the fatigue thing: this prevents the harvesting itself (doesn't it?), not the experience you get from harvesting. And I guess with the one second delay and the food thing there are enough harvest limiters.

[:idea:] If it should be able to enable the harvest experience making again, besided waiting for the in-game hour change, I suggest you'll have to gain a specified amount of experience in two or three other skills. [/:idea:]

Ex.: you harvested 120 silver, you gained 120*43=5160 harvest xp. As soon as you gain 5160 xp in three other skills, or 7740 (1.5*5160) in two other skills, your harvest xp cap resets.

The exact figures (2, 3, or even more skills? same amount of exp or ten times that amount?) must be thought over, but you get the idea.

Well, by the fatigue thing i suggest that u can harvest trough if u hav 100% fatigue, but you wont gain xp, unless you rest.

Ah yes of course, it's also possible to make it that way.

I guess I just like to stimulate people to do more than just leveling one skill. :roll: :P

WEell one of the problems i have seen with my time playing EL is that there is no linear charecter development and at times you have to harvest like crazy to lvl up enough to harvest something to beable to lvl up in another skill. A prime example of what i am talking about is the Magic, Alch and Cummoning. To start out in magic you need health essences, but you cannot make health essences untill you are lvl 23 alch. To start out in summoning you need life essences, but inorder to make them you need to be lvl 17 in alch and inorder to harvest everything to make them you need to be atleast lvl 24 harvest, This is not very Linear. And a lot of the stuff needed to buy the things to make the essences or to just buy the essense them selfs requires alot of $$. Which, of course, there is money to be made with harvesting things and selling them.

Plus i have noticed that the server handles weather there is a sucess or not in harvesting, as the server handles just about everything else putting just about the entire load of everything on the server box. People are going to harvest till no end no matter what you do. Which i honestly dont see how having a super high harv lvl can effect who/what/how someone fights or where they can go just what they can harvest. Let them harvest untill they break their mouse from clicking the button 5,000,000,000,000 times, simply make it to where the client handles all the math on the success and non success so it occupies all of THEIR CPU cycles and NOT the servers which will reduce some of the system latency not lag from the server everyone experiences from time to time.

There should be another harvesting limit when harvesting products (far) below your level.

A player with level 30 harvesting veggies should have like 200 limit while harvesting veggies or so.

Those players are mostly harvesting for the harvest and not for just exp.

I think this was the intention of the limit, having not everybody harvesting for just exp.

The intention of the limit was to annoy macroers. Well, actually, prevent cheating :)

So, most people can do a pretty simple script which'll harvest as much flowers as possible, then drop the load, do again, all for the exp.

Less people can actually make a script which'll harvest, sell and harvest again.

So, the solution would be to implement something that would prevent people from macroing for exp, while 'good' players are still able to harvest as much flowers as they want.

After a while of thinking the harvest exp cap came up. Initially it was 100 items/hour, now its 120. Seemed more reasonable :)

Way back I heard it was 60 at one time :shock:

Oh smeg! If i hear these words in the same sentance again, im going to shoot someone:

"I know! lets do this, just like runescape!"

*gets gun ready*

ummm you will never hear that from me I don't know anything that is in RuneScape

I agree that something should be done about the harvesting. I think that since there is a limit of exp. per hour that it would be fair to be able to harvest without any fails.....or at least not half as many. With all the fails and the limit of exp. per hour, your really not getting all that much experience and it takes a really long time to get those stats up.....and from what i heard because i'm not there yet.....titanium is almost impossible to harvest. I think considering there is an exp limit per hour, that the harvesting should be made a little easier. Either that or maybe give each item a higher harvesting experience. I don't think people want to spend all their time on EL just harvesting when there are so many other things to do.

I've already suggested that the Harvest exp cap be the current cap+level to Entropy, and he had posted in the other thread that it made sense and was good idea. So, its just a matter of waiting and reminding occasionally.

Reasons for making it more flexible include that food is now needed for mining, speed limit, failure rates, and earned exp per item goes up slower then exp needed to level.

IWith all the fails and the limit of exp. per hour, your really not getting all that much experience and it takes a really long time to get those stats up.....and from what i heard because i'm not there yet.....titanium is almost impossible to harvest.

Ok I'm going to do the last thing first Titanium man SO MANY PEOPLE harvest Titanium it's not even funny there is atleast like 50 people that can harvest titanium

and well secondly the exp limit only counts if you get a SUCCESSFUL harvest it's 120 SUCCESSFUL harvests per ingame hour and if you really are complaining so much get the exp then take a how ever many minute break you need (1 ingame minute=1 rl minute) so just a take in RL and GET OFF OF EL ya EL is addiciting but you shouldn't play it almost 24/7