Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The_Knight

Random Question: Ram :hehe:

Ok here is my question: I have a computer that uses DIMM (I think thats what it is called) and one that uses some origional ram. I am a computer newbie and dont know the names, but all I want to know is if I can put my 168 pin Ram into the 182 pin ram slot and will it work

The 182 pin looks like this:

________________ ________________

and the 168 pin looks like this:

___ _____________ ________________

if I put this second one in the first ones slot will it work?

I am a little messed up right now so this not may make sense, but I googled it and came up with nothing...

ohh well, w/e

,Knight :hehe:

Ok here is my question: I have a computer that uses DIMM (I think thats what it is called) and one that uses some origional ram. I am a computer newbie and dont know the names, but all I want to know is if I can put my 168 pin Ram into the 182 pin ram slot and will it work

The 182 pin looks like this:

________________ ________________

and the 168 pin looks like this:

___ _____________ ________________

if I put this second one in the first ones slot will it work?

I am a little messed up right now so this not may make sense, but I googled it and came up with nothing...

ohh well, w/e

,Knight :hehe:

no it wont fit the lower one on the bottom (___ _____________ ________________) = sdram and is 168 pin

this one that was on the top (The 182 pin looks like this:________________ ________________) is called ddr Dual dynamic ram has 2 channels if you try to put sdram into this slot that takes only ddr your pc will fry

Put only the memory in that you are supposed to.

lol a my friend did that at school once.. when he turned on the computer there was a bright light and alot of smoke coming out of the computer xD

i suggest you d/l AIDA32 from www.download.com to see what kind of memory you use and which speed etc.

then you know exactly what fits in ur computer

i had the same problem 3 monthes ago ......

what i did was i pulled a knife :medieval: , made the ________ ______________ into an ___ _____ ________ , the ruselt was that i damged the 1st ram for nothing .... it didnt work .. dont try it coz i already did :icon13: