Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ortak

Research Time - How long is that?

While this may be a minor thing (and thus an easy fix :)) It would really be nice for some of those bigger books out there. Instead of just showing 1000+ minutes, I feel that it should be broken down into hours and minutes. So while it is now something like this -

("You are researching %s, Research points left: %d/%d. ETA: %d minutes", book_name, points_left, total_points, minutes) 

, I was thinking something like this -

("You are researching %s, Research points left: %d/%d. ETA: %d hours, %d minutes", book_name, points_left, total_points, minutes / 60, minutes % 60)

So now instead of saying "ETA: 1459 minutes" it would say "ETA: 24 hours, 19 minutes".

P.S. I realize that the code is probably off. I usually program in Java and the syntax is quite different.

ye, would not make it that much better, just do calculation in your head or if you want it exact then use a calculator

You got to ask yourself this: Does it really matter?

If you really need to know it is not that hard to figure out how long 1000 minutes are in hours, and if you find it hard to calculate, maybe it is a good opportunity to practice that math skill... :)

You got to ask yourself this: Does it really matter?

If you really need to know it is not that hard to figure out how long 1000 minutes are in hours, and if you find it hard to calculate, maybe it is a good opportunity to practice that math skill... :)

Of course it doesn't matter. This is a game, nothing matters in it.

I also don't appreciate your insult on my math skills. I'm just making a suggestion to be helpful and I don't see why you feel the need to be rude to me. If you really thought that I found it so hard to figure out, then why do I have exact numbers in my example?

It was not my intention to be rude. I merely pointed out that doing a little math on your own might be a good thing. And by "you" I didn't specifically meant "Ortak"