Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
puren00bs

COOKING SKILL

FOR GODS SAKE!!!!!!!!! PLEASE PEOPLE! NO MORE POSTS ABOUT FISHING OR IM GONNA SCREEM!!!!!!

but um, keep the cooking ones comming, may help raise cooking on entropy's priority list. :)

Why does no one like fishing? I've never played runescape so I don't know what some of you are talking about but I think it would be cool and it doesn't have to be like whatver they have in runescape.

its not like we dont want fishing, i think everyone wants fishing its just weve had like 20000 suggestions for fishiing

Guest Tomo
vartican Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 9:04 am    Post subject:  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*screams runescape and runs off*  

right so ONE MEASLY LITTLE CRAPPY ONLINE GAME includes fishing on it so suddenly, if anyone else does it its got something to do runescape!

that is pathetic.

a game comes out, big bass fishing we'll say, and now cause that games done it , no more fishing games.

final fantasy 1 comes out . since its been done, no more games like final fantasy ;)

who gives about runescape ! put fishing in this game cause its a skill which

would be quite handy !

Yeah, fishing would be real cool... sitting at a river bank for hours and hours, waiting, someone walks by and scares away the little fish who was ABOUT to bite, wait for 3 hours more and you have a fish... Gain 20 XP and get "raw fish" that you can sell at stores...

I get annoyed by the rs ripoff ideas too, but they do have fishing and cooking in real life too, maybe they got it from there? Don't start screaming rs ripoff until people talk about adding woodcutting and firemaking. However, i think they should be based on existing skills, kinda pointless to have a million skills for everything. Or else it would be like:

34/34 walking

19/19 sitting

9/9 jumping

21/21 sleeping

59/59 begging

you get the picture

we do plan to add cooking..both "real cooking" where you'll stand by a fire that you make yourself at the camp fire sites....and by putting some fire essences with the raw meat. there won't be any cooking skill though

Then will this mean that there will be a flame animation with the campfire everytime someone casts the spell? :? It looks kinda silly the way it is now with the logs but no flame...

Don't start screaming rs ripoff until people talk about adding woodcutting and firemaking

Uhhmm... ShadowKnight... (sam3773 & others..) I hate to tell you but RS is by far not the only game that allows you to cut wood or make campfires... Ultima Online has those skills, probably most of the single-player RPGs that I've played had either cooking, fishing or other skills that you ppl mention here as "RS-copyrighted"... Come to think of it, it's even possible IRL.

Some of you act so paranoid at times... :roll:

I mean "to be there to add more realism", not just to "be there" without any point.

But, yes. A couple of new skills, as long as they can be put to use, thus bringing more variety would be good to have.

ok this is quite simple : cooking is most like alch so it shud be alch eg stirring and boiling and blah blah blah... woodcutting is harvesting and firemaking wait, umm idk but its certainly not magic even if it does use ess unless u are actually casting a spell o ya and begging is a good idea for a skill becus its funny in eq even if it wasnt implemented very well (walking sitting etc are not skills in any game that ive ever heard of and wuldnt ever becum skills even if evry thing els had its own skill) one last note: has fletching or woodworking been considered as a skill because if there will be bows and there are alredy hammers and staffs it mite be neccessary... or is that just part of manu?

i think it shouldnt be just a magic thing beacause in real life u dont use magic to cook stuff....mabbe like in taverns or other buildings like a wooden stove or like a pot over the fire places or somthing

but u could do magic and like cuting trees would be ur attack skill....and u could get matches from taverns and general stores...and every match made a fire or somthing

Rs is not the only game with fishing and be glad that el doesnt have like such sucking features lik rs.... ooooooooooooooo like those sucking quests!