Eternal Lands Official Forums
Ryuu

PK bot, peace day.

So, this is for what reason?

To keep people off private maps. Just because it's peace day doesn't mean you want every newb in the game wandering around your map.

And if someone does get on, there's then nothing to stop them from waiting until #day is over and then doing all sorts of bad stuff.

"bad stuff" eeek they found our secret meeting hall, our guild is teh ruined!

btw kilaran fields is my property, i kill newbs who wander around my map, but i cannot kill on this #day :{

Edited by Atlantis

OK, I deserved it. I'll work to get a new spare ros.

Next time I'll come without many items and use TPTR and repeat spell :)

PS: Just wanna see if it works...

EDIT: It's not illegal to try to sneak past guard bots, right? :wacko:

Edited by Ryuu

no, if u can get past the gard bot then u can look around the map, ent said in a post that i cant find right now that he never wanted guild maps to not allow ppl outside of the guild on them, they r maps for everyone to use, its just that the guild that bought a map is allowed to purchase a guard for it.

mhmm

1. The guild maps were never intended to be only for the benefit of the guild. I would never implement that, because:

a. Maps take space in the client download, which makes the client bigger.

b. Maps take considerable resources on the server.

What's so bad about exploration on one day, anyway? its not as if we can attack you, in your usually carefree pvp training, so why does it matter?

LoL the Dao bot lasted about 5 mins after me and another person managed to spam summon it with 30 rabbits got past, and killed all teh PvP'ers :blink:

I highly doubt people paid $300+ so they can be invaded on their guild maps on Peace Day. And seriously, do we have to play the game for you by telling you every single thing that will or can happen? O.o

:Totally agrees.

$200 for a guild map.

$100 per guardbot/

The look on your face as yuo try to invade our privacy on world peace day... Priceless.

Get a grip. we paid u$d for our privacy. You enter our map and are not whitelisted by our bots, you get killed. No Christmas amnesty, nothing. We paid for our privacy, we didnt pay for our privacy to exclude christmas, new year, federal and bank holidays and whatever other lame excuses you want to throw to intrude on private property.

Guest ohmygod

I highly doubt people paid $300+ so they can be invaded on their guild maps on Peace Day. And seriously, do we have to play the game for you by telling you every single thing that will or can happen? O.o

$200 for a guild map.

$100 per guardbot/

The look on your face as yuo try to invade our privacy on world peace day... Priceless.

Get a grip. we paid u$d for our privacy. You enter our map and are not whitelisted by our bots, you get killed. No Christmas amnesty, nothing. We paid for our privacy, we didnt pay for our privacy to exclude christmas, new year, federal and bank holidays and whatever other lame excuses you want to throw to intrude on private property.

k, explain to me how to kill a bot with 500 p/c in no magic zone :blink:

this sort of privacy should be charged/paid at an annual rate

Edited by ohmygod

First off I remember the first peace day, where people took advanage of the bugs and went and magically attack all the guardbots. so in some ways the bots have earned their right to not be affected, second most bots has a flaw that allow you to get around them. We all know an IRON member has 0 change of getting permission to get on co map but yet here I am on a non peace day

pwn18ph.jpg

pwn26cp.jpg

Yes I am burning up the place but back to my point. People did pay money and spend time programing to protect their maps. with the thermal weapons that break and all that you can get one with using real money they can be bought ingame, but a guildmap and bot must be paid for in rl money. and why are you even carrying around a rost on peace day anyway? you should assume if it is a place you could die then expect to lose your rost or not take anything. should check without items then proced with items

First off I remember the first peace day, where people took advanage of the bugs and went and magically attack all the guardbots. so in some ways the bots have earned their right to not be affected, second most bots has a flaw that allow you to get around them. We all know an IRON member has 0 change of getting permission to get on co map but yet here I am on a non peace day

pwn18ph.jpg

pwn26cp.jpg

Yes I am burning up the place but back to my point. People did pay money and spend time programing to protect their maps. with the thermal weapons that break and all that you can get one with using real money they can be bought ingame, but a guildmap and bot must be paid for in rl money. and why are you even carrying around a rost on peace day anyway? you should assume if it is a place you could die then expect to lose your rost or not take anything. should check without items then proced with items

I didn't think it was place I could die because of peace day; I took the rostogol to KF as well.

$200 for a guild map.

$100 per guardbot/

Entropy say's the guildmaps are not for the benefit of the guild/player who paid the map only..

hhmm teh god saying one thing and then mods say something else.. shouldn't you all be agreeing with eachother?

anyway who cares we can't enter some stupid map.. there are lots of other maps to go on xD

Entropy say's the guildmaps are not for the benefit of the guild/player who paid the map only..

Which means he purposely didn't make guild maps exclusively accessible for guild members (it would've been really easy to code a server-side check if player's guild tag == map's guild).

The guard has been paid by the guild to prevent other players invading their map (and to control which guilds are allowed to enter the map as well), and this guard feature is simply not to be disabled by the effects of some random day.

Which means he purposely didn't make guild maps exclusively accessible for guild members (it would've been really easy to code a server-side check if player's guild tag == map's guild).

The guard has been paid by the guild to prevent other players invading their map (and to control which guilds are allowed to enter the map as well), and this guard feature is simply not to be disabled by the effects of some random day.

Precisely!