Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Talk about the contest here

If ya really want my idea. I think its the martyrs you need.

I was thinking about not where the martyrs were "forged" but where they are remembered.

Matess, LadyWolf, DonPedro, Xanter and DragonsYoung, all were honored with a statue after the Great War.

Their statues stand in the Isle of the Forgotten. You know where I mean.

-Blee

Nice other hint, I don't know where I'm going to check, cause I own too much

If ya really want my idea. I think its the martyrs you need.

I was thinking about not where the martyrs were "forged" but where they are remembered.

Matess, LadyWolf, DonPedro, Xanter and DragonsYoung, all were honored with a statue after the Great War.

Their statues stand in the Isle of the Forgotten. You know where I mean.

-Blee

With the additional hint its probably where the battle was fought, if it was on a PK map.

You couldn't fight outside of PK in those days yet. And that battle they fought was in KF, and bags are not in PK.

-Blee

edit: WOOOPS, I didn't notice that last hint yet. Sorry.

Edited by BleedingSoul

I keep thinking of *CO* map. Near KF exit, there's something that looks like a forge :icon13:

Dunno if he used guildmaps though, doubt it with bots in there... But you can always try ^^

well...

before the last two hints, i scanned all inside idaloran and emerald valley blacksmith shops (because of this story.. check the smiths' names, i think you'll see what i mean ;) ). to be honest, i was kinda proud of this theory. :P

then inside the tower in kf ("is not a forge", "martyrs"... made sense to me, no idea why :pirate: ), since so far, it was never needed to go threw a pk map to get a bag. i thought it might be the first one (9th one, it was kinda time). i kinda burnt more than 150 keys for that.

and now, it's finally in a pk area/map... so with my last gc's, i bought keys again and scanned the nk cathacombs' pk area (cathacombs/martyrs, hot place like a forge. made sense a little too)... nothing there either. 100 more keys gone.

so, i'm officially and totally broke and have to give up. no more choice.

good luck ! :)

Wow, I never thought someone would look up Horea Closca and Crisan in Wikipedia :pirate:

Well, at least now you know more about them.

This is, however, not what you are looking for. The initial hint is a metaphor.

Wow, I never thought someone would look up Horea Closca and Crisan in Wikipedia :)

hehe ! kinda made sense, no ? :)

closca is the vialseller in game, but both the other two are smiths (ingame as well :P ). and only horea was "really" a martyr, that's why my guess went to the blacksmith shop in ida.

Well, at least now you know more about them.

to be honest i already knew (a very very little bit : i didn't recall their names before looking in wiki. there are some other romanian historic figures ingame, though :D ) about this story before. i studied that period of time a bit (lots of revolts in europe... of course the one i know the most is the french one). :pirate:

so, the idea wasn't that bad, but :

This is, however, not what you are looking for. The initial hint is a metaphor.

i fear i'm not really good for metaphores in foreign languages. :P

and i don't have enough keys left to scan large areas, nor the money to buy more (saving for... a good reason ;) ).

so, unless i understand all instantly for no reason... no more ideas for now, so no regrets for the lack of keys. :)

edit : a few typos... it's kinda late here. :)

Edited by cayuga

Forge - lava, stadue

Martyrs could ^ as well

pk map. one which wasnt before update or doesnt state

just tried a area. thinking ent will put the bag in the eyes of the stadue. but not :(

Edited by cho-yun

A forge of martyrs is a temple, metaphorically. However, i know not of a temple that is pk or has a pk area, so that ruins that idea, unless it's the former temple, now Morcraven battle hall.

smae place as i thought... but each room is roughly requires 500+ keys to check fully

a forge of martyrs denotes someplace that makes martyrs of people, meaning they self sacrifice for a given cause.

a temple however is more usually depicted as sacrificing regardless of willingness to teh cause, so i personally doubt this is teh thing Entropy refers to... :devlish:

Edited by Pyewacket

a forge of martyrs denotes someplace that makes martyrs of people, meaning they self sacrifice for a given cause.

a temple however is more usually depicted as sacrificing regardless of willingness to teh cause, so i personally doubt this is teh thing Entropy refers to... :P

Yep, we are pretty close, but it's not a temple :P

a forge of martyrs denotes someplace that makes martyrs of people

Martyr in christian context just gets killed :P

I was thinking of Zirakinbar, the house next to the cemetary (forgot the name). It's got a grave and alot of blood :D and it's pk, so I'd try there if I had keys. It's quite big though

a temple however is more usually depicted as sacrificing regardless of willingness to teh cause, so i personally doubt this is teh thing Entropy refers to... :)

Religion fuels martyrs. To forge = to create, to mold. In a house of prayer the conditioning is done to create a martyr.

Yep, we are pretty close, but it's not a temple :)

Hmm, the only shrine I know in game isn't pk. One could also think a Fortress is a forge of martyrs. Am I right to assume this area doesn't have a PK warning?

I have no interest in the contest, but I like riddles, so...

"A forge of martyrs" ---> a creator of martyrs.

What creates martyrs? ---> Devices that cause death.

What types of martyrdom was common in history? Crucifixion, burning at the stake, ritual sacrifices on an altar, hangmen's poles, executioner's blocks, etc.

Maybe something along that line might help.

What creates martyrs ---> A cause worth dying for.

What types of causes have people died for? Their religion, their country, their people, their leaders, their crackpot ideas.

How are these symbolised in the game? Flags for countries and cities, temples for religions, legends in history (see backstory for Idalaron in "Tales of Irilion" --> 21st Legion), significant figure worth dying for...

What creates martyrs ---> People or other living beings who kill them.

What are the things that kill people in the game? (I doubt this is the correct line of reasoning, but just for the heck of it...)

Whee! This is fun. :)

-Lyn-

Edited by Lyanna

Hmm, good thinking. Apply some ent humor, a martyr would be someone who'd fight something they have no chance of winning ever. Except.....the grand dragon council house isn't pk....gah!

Edited by RallosZek