Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Scratch

Defend EL's honor

I invited a friend (now former) to join us at EL. He emailed me & said he tried it but likes WOW better. This is an outragious claim that should not go without punishment. Everyone with a WOW account on the Silverhand server should go PK his character relentlessly. I would do it but I don't play WOW. PM me for more details if you are interested.

lol my friend left me a comment on myspace (hes from work) and said wow is better, and as someone who has played wow and chose el, was mainly because its similar to the point where i like the atmosphere here better than wow. although i can see why people perfer wow to smaller mmo's simple fact is they have the money to get the high quality st00f that is appealing to others. still think el is better and will be just as good as wow one day o.O

you get it with RS players... maybe we should go pk those rs people?

Ok I say we all from EL go join WoW and PK there Arses and tell em that EL will always RULE!!!!!!!!

oh wait a min Y should we stoop to there Level!!!!! Dont let it bother ja all ETERNAL LANDS RULES!!!!!!

Ok my $0.02 for the day :P

*hugs* to all

SweeTThanG

I invited a friend (now former) to join us at EL. He emailed me & said he tried it but likes WOW better. This is an outragious claim that should not go without punishment. Everyone with a WOW account on the Silverhand server should go PK his character relentlessly. I would do it but I don't play WOW. PM me for more details if you are interested.

go play WoW. you may never come back to EL :P

imo wow is not as nice as EL concerning the atmosphere, ppl are bnicer on el (most of the time). on wow they just pass by and ignore u as u were shit if u don't have thoses T2 sets, epic weappons or so. but its true that wow uis more developed (see the number of programmers ;x)

Edited by Mr.Yndiana

WoW is a cool game that cost one arm to play 3 months in, a finger from the other hand to buy, and a computer you might as well sell your soul for. (im broke)

EL is the friendly community game you just cant leave. its a welcomed rash :blush:

Edited by firevalor

ya, the people here are great well most of them o.O :gets ready to point fingers: lol, only reason i came back to EL was cause of the people and the enivorment.. WoW was pretty kick ass though, literally killed my friend in a PvP thing... i killed him then made him call and he died \o/ was great he was like 10 levels above me soo i still make fun of him for that :S

WoW IS better then EL.. it isn't an outragious claim it's a fact.

/agree

WoW is made by people who wanted to make it appealing to the masses...and they succeded.

EL is good aswell but it can't in any way compare to Wow.

Just my 40 dinars.

Theres a lot of games with better graphics then EL... thats true...also with better fight systems, or more spells, etc... but EL have te best community, its undeniable. But EL isnt just go around killing everything like other games seems to be, u can have nice stats in EL without kill anything. thats why EL is beter then other games.

If only graphics and blood makes u feel satisfied... go play other stuuff and let EL to real RPG people.

If only graphics and blood makes u feel satisfied... go play other stuuff and let EL to real RPG people.

Real RPG people?If you haven't seen,there are hundreds of "non-real RPG people" playing EL.Noobs,scammers and other kids of people are present in every MMORPG,so EL cannot be played by hardcore roleplayers only.

a couple of people playing WoW think its a better game than EL so lets all go onto WoW and PK their asses and tell them EL is better? Why bother? 0.o we know EL is better, that's all that matters :ph34r:

a couple of people playing WoW think its a better game than EL so lets all go onto WoW and PK their asses and tell them EL is better? Why bother? 0.o we know EL is better, that's all that matters :ph34r:

EL is not better. to compare them is like comparing a thermal serp to an iron sword...

Edited by Zerth

This topic is really pathetic if you ask me...

1. no one is going get anything out of this other than being mad or frustrated

2. who cares what is better? If you have the money to play WoW, then go right ahead. If you don't, and find this game satisfying to your unquenchable thirst for an RPG, then good for you.

3. This most likely will be turned into a flaming topic, and they aren't quite allowed afaik.

so, good ridence to those who oppose EL to WoW. It's their decision, not yours. Get over it.

Kat is right

Why argue about games. Play the one that you like the most, EL is sure not the best game but WoW is crap too.

"Hey that guy said that our religion/country sucks, let's get over there and beat them!!!" humans still don't learn do they?...

I guess sa1em wants that people get on WoW and play there a bit, start liking it and then stay there but tell everybody that EL is better ok?

Oh and one more thing, YOU have the chance to make EL better, of course if "people" listen to YOU. I don't think that WoW can give you that.

If EL gets some nice ideas into the game, i'm sure Blizzard will copy those too into their next (mmorpg) game.

Snarf! You guys slay me. How could you possibly take this post seriously enough to debate which is better? The answer is obvious. I was just trying to rally some people to PK my friend as a joke. This would be something he would expect out of me. *Someone PKs him relentlessly, they tell him who sent them, he calls me a bastard & we all have a good laugh*

In no way was I suggesting people go sign up for WOW, but hey if they do & leave EL then that gives me more elbow room at storage. :P I was asking for people with existing accounts for this. As for me trying WOW, that's not gonna happen. From people's description of WOW, it sounds like the only thing it has over EL is graphics. Since I run EL in poor man's mode, it is not likely to impress me.

Being one of the oldest El'ers, and playing EL throught it's life - I agree WoW is better...in game content.

EL has, by far, a more kind game community.

Being one of the oldest El'ers, and playing EL throught it's life - I agree WoW is better...in game content.

EL has, by far, a more kind game community.

I never played WoW, but it better be better than EL, they invested like 30M USD in it (the initial investment), while we invested only our time.

I played WOW for about 2 weeks then quit. I got to lvl 20 something but just got bored really easily. I guess i just never got addicted to the game. To me going around and doing quest was just incredibly boring. And thats all you can basically do until ur lvl 50+ and go into the battlegrounds to pk. IMO el has a better community and more of a variety of things to do so you never rly get bored. Maybe it was b/c i was already playing el at the time but all that i found that WOW had going for it was its graphics. Since there is a lvl cap of 60 which you can easily get within 4 months there not much to do after that then just get better armor or make a new char and lvl all over again.