Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KarenRei

Everything flickers

I'm not sure if anyone's seen this before. If it's unfamiliar, I can look into it. My partner is playing, and for some reason (not sure what happened), everything is flickering. The flickering happens whether standing still or walking. Objects just randomly disappear then reappear -- trees, branches, grass, walls, etc.

The binary is fresh from CVS and is unaltered. The card is NVidia Geforce 6200. The OS is Fedora Linux 6-pre2.

Possible theories that I plan to test out involve undoing the things I did last weekend that I can remember: I believe I upgraded some GL libraries, and I might have changed the NVidia driver.

i have that problem sometimes too (objects dissapearing, colours changing... psychedelic/stromboscopic effects, in fact).

reinstalling didn't change anything, i guess that's my videocard. i really need to upgrade my hardware, anyway...

only thing i found to cure it is to change its refresh rate back and forth (100hz -> 80hz -> cancel change). changing resolution works too, but it takes longer. ^^

Edited by cayuga

What color resolution is your parnet using? If 16bpp, then change to 24, if 24 change to 16.

Fixed it. As I suspected, it was the Nvidia driver change I did over the weekend. Any Linux users with NVidia cards that experience this problem should try changing their driver version.

Of course, with the Nvidia root exploit made public yesterday, they should do that anyways. :D The 9625 version (which I changed to, and which doesn't flicker) fixes the exploit.