Eternal Lands Official Forums
MagpieLee

Poison Spell

When using multiple failed Invis potion, the poison stacks (theoretically if you drink tonnes of them and each one failing, you could knock yourself out with heavily stacked poison!).

But the spell poison doesn't stack. I've tested it on myself, with other people and with monsters and animals.

I reckon its a bug but it could be a suggestion to make it stackable too ;)

poison does 1 dmg everytime right?

if so then it wouldn't be too powerfull

you'd need alot of essies/mana which you can't afford in a battle.

if the dmg every time is lvl based then ur indeed fucked if it stacks :D

(is it just me or do some of the smiley's don't work?_?)

Poison is now based on it's duration. The first few ticks are 6dmg and each minute passing the damage goes down. It isn't level based.

This system actually makes it plausable to be able to 'renew', so a second cast on the same target resets the timer.

Poison is now based on it's duration. The first few ticks are 6dmg and each minute passing the damage goes down. It isn't level based.

This system actually makes it plausable to be able to 'renew', so a second cast on the same target resets the timer.

Plausible, not plausable.

No, it is not a bug.

The reason the poison spell doesn't stack is that it would be WAY too powerful if it did.

I see your point. But there's no reason why it should stack if you put a cap on how many times poison spell will stack. I think a sensible cap of 2-3 times would be great.

The first 'hit' of poison is 6 damage (for me). If it stacked twice it would be 12 and stacking the third time will be 18 pts of poison. Anything more would be overkill imo. But remember that poison is damage over time - it allows people to heal. And it'll potioners can finally sell those antidotes.

Considering the amount of people with their 300+ life, I don't really think many people would die from poison because its sensible to assume that they'd be healing frequently when their life went low.

It adds a dimension to the pking scene and yea, helpful to take down the big monsters and it opens the way for special versions of weapons with a % for poison affect :) as well as future monsters (Selains Pet) with special poisonous attacks that actually does some decent damage.

What I will do is make the poison spell also magic level dependent. But allowing it to stack would be way too strong, IMO.

18 damage every 10 seconds, for maybe 10 minutes is a lot, even for a high level player.

I think, this spell should be stackable.

But, first, make it magic level dependent, and, maybe, have a cooldown for that spell which depends on magic level.

Like, magic level 30 to be able to cast it, cooldown for that spell is 5 minutes - ((magic_level-30) / 10).

Something like that, if its possible to have different cooldowns for different

spells :)

Piper

But, first, make it magic level dependent, and, maybe, have a cooldown for that spell which depends on magic level.

Like, magic level 30 to be able to cast it, cooldown for that spell is 5 minutes - ((magic_level-30) / 10).

Piper

Yeah? And what happens if 10 people poison one person?

Then that one person dies just as if 10 people did life-drain or 10 people all hit him with their fancy swords?

I'm not stating an opinion of if it should be stackable or not, just that if you got hit with 10 poison darts you'd be dead a lot faster than if you got hit by one. Poison is cumulative and a 10x does is more deadly than a single does.

Piper

Entropy I must say that one of the best things you ever did was make a spell's effect based on level, this provides an encentive for people to atain high levels of magic. It puts some teeth in to being a magic user. :D

Rather than think of what the "abuse" could be, lets look for a defense against this. How about protection from magic spell, granted it isn't used yet, but it's an idea. The protection spell could add a % of failure to the spell having any effect based on level. Another idea is antidote could have a duration of effect, rather than just instant. Someone could take an antidote potions before a battle, that would provide protection for a given amount of time. If the battle last longer than the effect, then they are in danger again and need another or to flee.

If its capped at twice then the poison would do only 12 pts per 10s which DROPS to 1pt in 10 mins. Remember that if its capped, the real extent of the damage is seen over time.

The point earlier about the 10 people thing, bkc already said it. Its no different then being harmed 10 times or whacked by 5 people with their big swords (ouch). And thats assuming that person hasn't got the magic immunity spell on.

jeweler, protection from magic already exists. Magic Protection (a very low lvl and underused spell) is there as well as the muchly used Magic Immunity is here also. Both use the protection sigil

Then that one person dies just as if 10 people did life-drain or 10 people all hit him with their fancy swords?

It is not the same. The poison spell does damage more than once. If 10 players cast harm on you, and you are fast enough, you can heal.

With 10 cummulative poison spells, you would have to heal every 10 seconds for many minutes, and no player can do that unless maybe if near the storage.

And thats assuming that person doesn't have magic immunity on and is in a pk place where 10 casts rain down on him at the same time (also, poison range spell is short. So this is fairly unrealistic!). Plus, you mentioned 'near the storage' and there aren't any storages on pk maps (unless they got out and went to sto. and whilst at sto realise they have no poison antidote!)

Back in reality, if you do cap it then the damage won't be as massive as we all over-estimate it will be right?

Unless of course the programming in use won't allow you to set parametres of capping poisoning (I don't know anything about programming, just saying because it seems you've already ruled it out :))

With 10 cummulative poison spells, you would have to heal every 10 seconds for many minutes, and no player can do that unless maybe if near the storage.

We have an antidote potion, no?

One antidote potion would cure all stacked poison spells currently in effect (thus wasting all the mana people expended to cast them all). In fact, I can see an antidote potion keeping you safe from further poison for some period of time (makes sense in the real world).

And if you fail to carry an antidote potion on the PK map, well, sometimes you're just going to die and there's just nothing you can do to stop it.

In fact, I can see an antidote potion keeping you safe from further poison for some period of time (makes sense in the real world).

Is that innoculation? I like it.

But then you'd have to make it so that failed invis potions' poison work since people might use antidote and then be poison-free from failed invis pots.