Ingredients :

- 5 Quartz

- 2 Fire essences

Skills :

- Manufacturing (+15)

Requiered Level

- Manufacturing 12

I'm all for manuable vials, two little things though:

* Manuable vials must be able to compete with NPC prices (so either change the 5gc buying price from npc or change formula)

* Make them give crafting experience and move thread over to manufacturing

My "thumbs up" is broken :P

... anyways, thumbs up :)

PS: Yes, we want to make them \o/

Why not spread the exp to both crafting AND manu?

Something like 5exp each (so 10 overall). Those with both gods get them at 13 each or something.

Spliting exp to two different skills is not new.

Bones to Gold gives both magic and alchemy. I think we should be looking to add a bit of variety to some skills, as should making thread.

Quartz is about 1.5-2gc each, fe is 3-4 gc, so 1 vial would be 1 quartz + 1 fe = 2-4 xp, something like this, and it should be crafting and thread switch to manu as Ermabwed wrote.

Cheers!

I think this would be a good crafting job, of course the manu ppl would have to make stoppers out of branches. This way there would be a low end manu thing to do like thread is for the crafters--just go harvest branches and whittle down the branches for "corks" used in the vials. Dont want to spill all that contents in your bags, do you?

Great idea. I would rather have it for both craft and manu exp. but getting manu exp. doesnt seem very realistic. It seems that it should be just craft.

Great idea. I would rather have it for both craft and manu exp. but getting manu exp. doesnt seem very realistic. It seems that it should be just craft.

Yeah i agree because if u really think about it this would be a crafting thing.

Good ideas, both of them.

As I see it, it is not a question of making them cheaper (the vials) but rather a question of focusing on other values (such as xp).

So crafting for the vials and manufacturing for the stoppers (corks), sounds good to me.

its a beautiful, beautiful idea, it would make the game more versatile for sure. It would make me do a bit more work in DP but i love the idea, :hug: if this can be done, it would be very very cool indeed :(

Would be watching out for tht one

i dont see the point in making them with 5 quartz and 2 FEs... you can just buy them then, and if it's for exp, there are other cheaper exp things in manu skill

I agree, it's a bit too expensive. I'd say something around 1 fe + 2 quartz + 1 branch would be fine. I really do like this idea though.

Let's make everything makeable! No more NPC monopoly! :)

Edited by Lotheneil

I agree, it's a bit too expensive. I'd say something around 1 fe + 2 quartz + 1 branch would be fine. I really do like this idea though.

Let's make everything makeable! No more NPC monopoly! :P

We are slowly getting to a point where everything is makeable, but there are (again) game mechanics to consider, and therefore some items will be more "expensive" to make yourself than from buying them from NPCs.

And, for example, 5 quartz and 2 FE are really free, as you do not have to pay anything to get/make those things. So what this sugestion does is to replace the 3 gc Harvy charges with 2 FE you make, and that is not expensive IMO, perhaps it is too cheap....

The stoppers could take a branch, a WE and you need to have an iron axe in your inventory.

Then you mix the stoppers and the glass container to get a vial (perhaps 1 manu xp per mix, cp. bone powder)

We are slowly getting to a point where everything is makeable, but there are (again) game mechanics to consider, and therefore some items will be more "expensive" to make yourself than from buying them from NPCs.

Interesting thougt -- when all items become manufacturable from raw materials in-game, most NPCs could be replaced with Merchant NPCs, and start to enact a real supply-and-demand market.

Gold and silver coins could be made from the bars (after all, a coin was just a pre-weighed amount of a precious metal).

What would remain NPC only?

Edited by trollson