Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
duran

about weapon prizes

i have a feel im going to get entropy pissed of (again) but i just cant let it rest...

the more i look at them the more anoying they get.

first things first, the reason that they are this high is the fact that gold is easy to gather in this game. well, to solve that i suggest dividing the plant and other early harvest prizes by 10 so that you get 1 pr plant, not 10 per plant.

other then that, maybe have a relook at the prize ladder.

take gloves, the fisrt one and basicly the start of the whole ladder given a +1 ot damage, nothing more. and cost 1000 (fairly reasonable). now the next gives +2 and costs 2000 (1000 per + ?). then comes the third and suddenly you pay 4000 for something that gives +3. and finaly we have the steel ones , and suddeny its 10000 for +4 damage and +1 to hit.

put that into a graph and it goes skywards very fast.

maybe instead one could have a more flat 500 pr +1. so that the first one cost 500. the next one 1000. number 3 becomes 1500 and the last becomes 2500 (the combined + makes +5)...

combine this with the fact that you get only 200 or so with a full load of plant rather then 2000 that you do now and things are looking a bit brighter. no need to break out the platinum before you get started on the higher swords and so on...

but this is only the beginning, i fear that the game must have a seriouse rethink of all the numbers flying around. some of them have a 0 or two to mutch :(

I like the idea of the cost for items going up exponentially. That would help in taking into account the rarity of the item and the complexity of making it.

If you think about it, making something a +4 should be more then four times harder and there should be many fewer people that have the skills and materials needed in order to make it. And then then next step up would be even harder.

It's also like how experience works. To get to the next level is always harder then the level before it.

heh, ok so maybe i got a big cheap but still the jumps made dont make sense. and trying to handle the market by setting high prizes is a bit backwards as any goverment will tell you :( (just look at post ww1 germany and its 10000000 bills)...

one problem with experience is that it gets a bit insane after some time (the formula is the next level = current level + 40%). in fact i think entropy said that the game would run out of memory before it would get to level 99 in a skill (32 bit hardware and all that)...

hmm, take a look at this:

right now i can carry a max load of 240 (that not the current max even).if every plant i carry on a full load gives me 10 gold i will get 2400 gold when i offload. half a load and i have the lowest level weapon in the game. now if the prize for a plant was 1 gold i would have to make that about 5 loads with the old prizes and 3 1/2 load with the new ones.

sure in the beginning new players will be having less gold then the old ones (not to hard to fix, have a script go over the database under a miantnance shutdown and divide by 10 or something like that :twisted: ), but over time it would level out as the old players could not get the gold back as fast as they are sued to. maybe first cut the value of plants and then after 2-3 weeks cut the prizes of the weapons...

Yeah, exponentials are nasty. but in the uber range of weapons he could try to damp it again.

The experience required for the next level is not the same.

Here is the formula:

void build_levels_table()

{

int i;

int exp=100;

exp_lev[0]=0;

for(i=1;i<120;i++)

{

if(i<=10)exp+=exp*40/100;

else

if(i<=20)exp+=exp*30/100;

else