Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

Halloween art contest

Nice picture Kill! I think the pencil and st00f is ok and your picture i think is one of the best. Hehe! Good luck bro! :closedeyes:

On the way to the Halloween Fancy Dress Party at Portland tavern...... I stopped for a moment at the fruit and veg stand, just to check my horns were on straight...... hmm that pumpkin face reminds me of an orchan i know.....

scarymaryplpumpkiniu5.jpg

Drawing pencils HB & 3B, with mechanical 0.5mm HB pencil for details, on plain flat white paper.

Well seeing as I is a lil' red devil, I thought I better try a color one too:

scarymaryplpumpkin2eu7.jpg

Flat color cartoon-style (my first ever lol) - magic marker, felt tip lining pens, on plain white paper, then skin and background colors added in photoshop.

Guest Alvaron

http://pub30.bravenet.com/photocenter/albu...rnum=2537325464

or all coloured in: http://pub30.bravenet.com/photocenter/albu...rnum=2537325464

Turjan(yes his real ingame name) made this but can't post himself so i'm helping him out.

App made by using various colour of pencils on paper(duh). It's a picture of Turjan kidnapped, in the Gargoyle Cave in TG (his boots look lethal btw...;D)

Edited by Alvaron

I'll write this message for Link1 that could not do it :)

link1invasionpp1.jpg

so if you like it... tell it to link1 :)

bye

Acab

p.s

the title is INVASION

and the program that he used are:

poser 6

bryce 5.5

daz studio

Edited by Acab

WINNERS!

**contact Radu in the game for your prize!

1. Best black & white (or pencil) image.

Ladywitch:

http://eternalmusik.org/gallery/fanart/mai...navId=xc9c1dd6f

2. Best colored image.

Scary Mary

3. Most humorous.

Harlock

And some notes for everyone who entered:

Alyxndyr-Nice, try working on smoother shading and cleaning up your line work more.

You can create nice shading by using a tissue to smudge the pencil.

Atmosfear- I like all the halloween items you put in, and the chim in the back :)

Baddude - 3D can take a while to get a good hang of. Just some things to note: your ground texture is way too blown up, and the headless horseman guy is too black, blending in with the sky too much. The sky should be more of a dark navy blue.

Earl- pretty funny :) But try to get a better color scheme for it.

Fabi - You're getting better with these 3d images! Keep on working at it!

FadeWillows- I really liked your first one, except the girl's head was turned away from the viewer, but the colors were awesome. The second one would have worked better if you used the same lightness as the first I think. It's a little too dark imo.

FullMetal AJ - hehe, I like the expression on your character's face :)

Harlock - This is really funny. And a great coloring/drawing job too!

Helagur - I think your pencil drawing is far superior to the colored one, so I put that on the site. It has nicer line work, I wish you would finish it :) The colored one is too smudged and the colors just don't work well together.

Icecube - Keep working on those Paint skillS!

Kagen - You're no ghost, ghosts don't have shadows! :) Nice pencil drawing!

Turjan - this is a really cool image! I think you just gotta work on shading more.

Ladywolf -Pretty funny, wish you would have worked on it more

Ladywitch - This is a really nice, clean drawing. Pretty good use of variations in line weight. I picked this one as the winner over other pencil drawings because it is very clean and has a finished look, also has halloween elements in it and is clearly from EL. Congrats! One thing I wondered about..does your char. have a black shirt in the game? If so I think you drew in some bugs on her shirt..hehehe, there's not supposed to be a line down the middle, nor a separation with the sleeves :(

Leahtwood -A great drawing, the boots were just too small, but you could easily erase and redraw them :whistle:

Link1 - Lots of things going on in this pic, and the more things you have the harder it is to compose them. I think it needs more EL & halloween elements, also try to work on color more.

Mrs. Ice - This is a nice little drawing. I think some more shading of the background would make it pop out more :)

Scary Mary - I think the costume and the pumpkin on the market stall are just great :) It could have used some more shading, but overall great job!

woohoo!! :) thx roja i really like your art contests :) (just cant get radu's cryptic contests lol)

some really nice pics here - well done to all

what we doing for the next one ??

:)

Gratz to the winners, guess you missed my second entry on my post Roja, but it's all good. Hope everyone had as much fun with their artwork as I did. Can't wait til the next art contest.

P.S. If anyone that uses the 3-D rendering programs could give me a link to a free easy program, I'd love to give one of them a shot.

I thought i would have won one of the 1st,2nd or 3rd prizes but i guess there are people with better talent and more imagination then me :w00t: oh well maybe next time...Gratz to all the winners :D Nice drawin Ladywolf :)

*Atmosfear(new owner)*

Edited by diego 69

Congrats to all the winners. And thank you very much Roja for the contest. I am extremely happy that you took the time out of your busy schedule to critique and give us suggestions on our artwork. Thanks again for all your help.

when is the new art contest, i join in :medieval:

christmass ?, new year ? hmm ;O

Well if you guys really want another one I'll have to think of a good theme and maybe in about 2 weeks it'll start :medieval:

I'll write this message for Link1 that could not do it :icon13:

link1invasionpp1.jpg

so if you like it... tell it to link1 :medieval:

bye

Acab

p.s

the title is INVASION

and the program that he used are:

poser 6

bryce 5.5

daz studio

i think this is so cool

Well if you guys really want another one I'll have to think of a good theme and maybe in about 2 weeks it'll start ;)

how about 'doing a skill' - like it could be fighting, summoning, potion making, manufacture, etc ??

WINNERS!

**contact Radu in the game for your prize!

1. Best black & white (or pencil) image.

Ladywitch:

2. Best colored image.

Scary Mary

3. Most humorous.

Harlock

And some notes for everyone who entered:

Alyxndyr-Nice, try working on smoother shading and cleaning up your line work more.

You can create nice shading by using a tissue to smudge the pencil.

Atmosfear- I like all the halloween items you put in, and the chim in the back :blink:

Baddude - 3D can take a while to get a good hang of. Just some things to note: your ground texture is way too blown up, and the headless horseman guy is too black, blending in with the sky too much. The sky should be more of a dark navy blue.

Earl- pretty funny :) But try to get a better color scheme for it.

Fabi - You're getting better with these 3d images! Keep on working at it!

FadeWillows- I really liked your first one, except the girl's head was turned away from the viewer, but the colors were awesome. The second one would have worked better if you used the same lightness as the first I think. It's a little too dark imo.

FullMetal AJ - hehe, I like the expression on your character's face :)

Harlock - This is really funny. And a great coloring/drawing job too!

Helagur - I think your pencil drawing is far superior to the colored one, so I put that on the site. It has nicer line work, I wish you would finish it :) The colored one is too smudged and the colors just don't work well together.

Icecube - Keep working on those Paint skillS!

Kagen - You're no ghost, ghosts don't have shadows! :P Nice pencil drawing!

Turjan - this is a really cool image! I think you just gotta work on shading more.

Ladywolf -Pretty funny, wish you would have worked on it more

Ladywitch - This is a really nice, clean drawing. Pretty good use of variations in line weight. I picked this one as the winner over other pencil drawings because it is very clean and has a finished look, also has halloween elements in it and is clearly from EL. Congrats! One thing I wondered about..does your char. have a black shirt in the game? If so I think you drew in some bugs on her shirt..hehehe, there's not supposed to be a line down the middle, nor a separation with the sleeves :mace:

Leahtwood -A great drawing, the boots were just too small, but you could easily erase and redraw them :o

Link1 - Lots of things going on in this pic, and the more things you have the harder it is to compose them. I think it needs more EL & halloween elements, also try to work on color more.

Mrs. Ice - This is a nice little drawing. I think some more shading of the background would make it pop out more :)

Scary Mary - I think the costume and the pumpkin on the market stall are just great :) It could have used some more shading, but overall great job!

Ye..... I just noticed u didnt say anything about mine???? Is it really that bad?