Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Arafin

Mods & NH's

Do we need more Mods/NH's?  

1. 1. Do we need more Mods/NH's?

• Yes, the channels are overflowing with problems!!
    • No, we do not need anymore.
    • If anything we need fewer

I here people complaining about people in the newby channel and such andMods seem to be lacking lately. They are playing the games and are usually in other chats uch as guild channels and market channels and such. Also same thing with market channel, its a general chat now. People are complaining about people leaving the general chat. Lets see last night there was no less then 45 peoplein the market channel talking, selling, and arguing. Then there were less then 25 in the newby channel, and not many people helping out (it was late but still).

I am in newby channel helping when I can and am happy to. I can not stand it though when people start calling new players idiots or when the new players call vets idiots just because they do not like the way things are going.

I am willing to help out maybe be a NH at the most (as I am sure there are much better candidates, but I am on a lot at the later hours when most mods/nh's are never on, and I am trustworthy).

I lookthrough first three pages in this place and did not see anything that looked like what I was looking for so I posted it anew. Sorry if it was brought up before but I htink it needs to be looked into.

Most of us NH's are in channel 1, but are either AFK like the goof NH's, or just to lazy to answer and busy pking (not naming names) And about the market channel, when an NH kicks someone, it says something like "you have been kicked from the newbie channel" so it looks a bit wrong :)

Its also hard to find good quality NH's to cover the game 24x7.

Plus, with the current Chat system, since you canonly be on one channel at a time, a NH or mod in a guild will end up neglecting something just because they are in the wrong channel.

If you must get in contact with one I think

#help message

will send a message to any available NHs and

#abuse message

will send a message to any available mods. Note that "message" should be the text that you want to send.

I know all the commands to contact and all that, but for others there they are.

They simply do not work. I used the help one when I started I never got a reply. I have used the abuse one about 3-4 times and 1 of the 4 were ansered....by Entropy himself.

You mods just are not doing a good job plain and simple. Learner I must say is a pretty fair and cool person, however he is 90% of the time in our guild channel and they other 10% in the market. (%'s might be a little off but cant be by too much).

Then Moon....I have never ever seen him in any chat ever. Most likely in the guild channel I imagine. As for reliable people, wouldntmatter if we had 1000 of them, if they are not in the channel to witness what can they do?

Ive got an idea, for NH's, there powers will be taken away if they dont spend at least 2 hours a week in the newbie channel.

hey! since ive started my networking course i cant be online as much as i used to (like 14+ hours a day) but im on late at weekends.i do try to spend as much time as i can but sometimes its just not possible

I here people complaining about people in the newby channel and such andMods seem to be lacking lately. They are playing the games and are usually in other chats uch as guild channels and market channels and such.

Since this is a generalization I can only assume I'm included in your observation. I take my responsibility quite seriously and doing my job comes before play. I delay leveling to answer questions or go check on a report of abuse. I am often monitoring channel 1. I don't partake in chatting but then I don't much of anywhere. If there is a problem or someone breaks the rules I am quite verbal. Many times I have repremanded right before or behind a mod or a helper because neither of us knew the other was there.

I know all the commands to contact and all that, but for others there they are.  

They simply do not work. I used the help one when I started I never got a reply. I have used the abuse one about 3-4 times and 1 of the 4 were ansered....by Entropy himself.

I don't know if we're on at completely different times or what. I answer an average of 4 or 5 abuse reports a day and when I get there the other mods that are on are there as well or soon in coming. I don't think they are just happening to come by. Many times I have been contacted by PM and I have yet to ignore anyone when they need help. It doesn't matter whether it's a report of abuse or someone needing to know where something is.

You mods just are not doing a good job plain and simple.

That in itself is a pretty strong statement. This may be how you see things from your perspective but I do not believe that you have your facts quite right.

i just think that maybe there should be a way for the nh and admins to communicate who grabs a abuse report (sure we can use abuse for this but well it feels a bit strange).

that way if there are 2-3 admin/nh on they can coordinate better.

maybe allso add a command that list how many of eatch level is on so that you know if you are alone or if there are more people on. maybe evne list who they are. these commands should not be available to the avarage user tho as this kind of info can be abused...

The first thing to do would IMHO be to change the #abuse (and #help) commands to tell you if nobody got the message.

I have never seen an unanswered post, but I have had instances of A complaining about B, beaming to A, who is not anywhere near B, and just being ignored when asking A what's going onI'm not going to punish anyone if I don't see a problem, and I don't get any answers. #abuse is not the boot command.

So, if anyone sends an abuse report, stay at the place where the problem is, and stay at the computer. We may not get there immidiately, depending on what we are doing ourselves, it may take a minute or two before anyone responds.

hmmm ya I am always on my guild channel but I do want to be on the newb channel but the guild channel is funner hmmmm wish I could be in to maybe you can hear both but one channel is in a different text color and to talk in the channel in the different text color you type @@ instead of @

BTW my guild channel is funner then the newb channel funnier to but hmmm I still drop by the newb channel

guess I'll start dropping by more

Not saying you arent doing your jobs well, I am saying that there are slackers, as in Aerowinds case, yeah your guild channel if funner, and yeah it is funnier too. That is because the n00b channel is not made for general chat, and also you know the players in your guild chat.

As for you Sativa, I will not doubt that you do your job well and/or seriously, but where are you? Hmm, I must say since seeing you post that message, and looking for you online in the n00b chat are...well...not adding up. So maybe you are afk, or your lieing.