Eternal Lands Official Forums
Looter

Looter banned

yesterday i talked to aislinn about playing el with my family and she said it was ok, today i find we are banned and assume its because of this, could someone please help unban us or is this a case of having to post on the white list again, the message i get is this

Your IP is banned. That means that you, or someone from your IP did something very nasty, so we had to block this IP addess. If you believe this ban was unjustified, or promise to respect the rules from now on, please post in the Bans section of our forums (on www.eternal-lands.com)

aislinn did say it was ok and i gave her all the usernames needed however if you need them again please pm me, please help

Are you using a dynamic IP or a static one?

If dynamic (dialup), disconnect and reconnect to the internet and you should get another (unbanned) IP.

Piper

Edited by The_Piper

hmm well i know for sure that i had a dynamic ip and thats what i did last time it did this but i just bought a wireless hub so we can all connect and now im not sure if its dynamic or not, i did resart half a dozen times, all i can think is that maybe my main computer that had the software on it for the hub is causeing this because im in the middle of setting it up after formatting, soon as i get el back on there i will try logging in with that and see what happens, thanks for the fast response i will post again in about a hour if i get on or not

By the sound of it, you have an ADSL router and not a hub. There is a massive difference:

A router actually connects to the internet itself and lets clients (your computers) access the internet through it. Even if no PCs are turned on the internet connection still exists*. To renew an IP address using a router you would need to reboot the router or reconnect using the router's config page (rebooting is much easier)

A hub just connects a network together, one of the connected devices must have an active internet connection and have the internet connection shared before the whole network can access the internet. If the PC that has the internet is turned off the rest of the clients lose internet connectivity.

Hubs and routers both have one major flaw - if they are switched off your entire network will lose connectivity (no clients will be able to see any other).

* Hmm - an open source linux router, stripped down bot code running - an idea springs to mind - a PC-free bot :)

i checked the chat logs and found that it said Looter and Little Looter were booted by learner, little looter is my 9 year old son not me, i was afk in ws eating chinese and he was going to votd checking out the invasion, we wasnt multiplaying, now all four of us cant play el, please help

Yes we talked and yes I said it was ok for your family to play. However, I also made it crystal clear that did not give you carte blanche for each of you to use the other's characters for muling and illegal multi.

You have 4 claimed family members, yet there are 6 characters trading and even more characters showing on that one IP.

I have seen the trade logs from your IP that made Learner ban you, there is NO way that is you and your 9 year old son "playing".

i assure you littlelooter is not me, i have never played his charecter at all, however he has been watching me play more or less everyday for nearly 2 years now and he isnt daft and has picked the game up like a real pr0, i pmed you about my ban so no need to say more here but if what im banned on is based on littlelooter then there is nothing i can do to get unbanned because i speek the truth he is not me

1st i want to explain that i wasnt aware that we wasnt allowed to trade with each other (still not sure even now) and explain why so many trades where made in such a short time in the easiest possible way, supose just for the arguments sake an aceptable amount of trades for a man and wife to make in 1 day is 3, so it should be no different for a family of 4, so lets do some maths , i trade with all 3 members 3 times = 9 , my wife trades with my son and daughter 3 times = 6 , my son trades with my daughter 3 times = 3 at this point as far as the 3 trades go we have all traded 3 times just like the man and wife have in the begining the total is 18, my point being when you have 4 people from the same ip trading its only natural the number will be much higher than a family of 2, also it is only natural that a family would trade more than normal players because they would spend more time toghether than most normal everyday members, especially when children are involved because like in real life they are demanding.

2nd i want to bring up is what does this now leave us left as an el family IF we are unbanned.

before my family started to play one of my favourite things to do would be to help my newbs friends out by summoning boars for them to attack, it was fun and a good way to help them out, this is one of the things i had been doing with my son, we wont be able to do this anymore.

i also used to spend many many hours with whisky,raisa,coffeehunger and vanbinsbergen on projects makeing fe and he in mm or bars in cc, we would carry while the girls sit on the bag then we would all sit there mixing and chatting, this was the most fun thing to do we had great times and would share the stuff we made out between us when we had done and also would all end up with around the same exp for doing it, i was looking forward to similar projects with my family, we wont be able to do this anymore.

the other day i helped littlelooter train by healing him and the animal while they trained. we wont be able to do this anymore

littlelooter pr0 looks after littlesummer n00b like the good lad he is often bringing things like sr and le to the rat cave were they then summon rats together spending quality fun time like a brother and sister should, they wont be able to do that anymore

we cant even sit in the same place now like a mine for example because of fear of getting banned because you will think that the other one is a mule, we cant be at the same storage at the same time because of fear of getting banned for trading

there is many more examples i could use but i wont, so what is left as regards us playing as a family? i know the answer to that, all that is left is for us to chat on the same channel other than that we can do nothing as a family, all we can do is go our own seperate ways :P

i read somewhere that you encourage family play .... please excuse me but i dont see that

1st i want to explain that i wasnt aware that we wasnt allowed to trade with each other (still not sure even now) and explain why so many trades where made in such a short time in the easiest possible way, supose just for the arguments sake an aceptable amount of trades for a man and wife to make in 1 day is 3, so it should be no different for a family of 4, so lets do some maths , i trade with all 3 members 3 times = 9 , my wife trades with my son and daughter 3 times = 6 , my son trades with my daughter 3 times = 3 at this point as far as the 3 trades go we have all traded 3 times just like the man and wife have in the begining the total is 18, my point being when you have 4 people from the same ip trading its only natural the number will be much higher than a family of 2, also it is only natural that a family would trade more than normal players because they would spend more time toghether than most normal everyday members, especially when children are involved because like in real life they are demanding.

That's not at all what I said happened.

In the course of a couple hours, if that even, Looter alone had a good 20 trades with littlelooter alone, then another batch of about 10 with littlesummer.

Now repeat this about every other day using Looter trading with another alt/family member. It added up to over 150 same IP trades, mostly using Looter mass trading with one other character each time over the course of a short time span.

I NEVER said you couldn't trade and play as a family. I DID say your same IP trade logs were anything but normal for anybody to trade with other players, let alone same IP trading. You have yet to explain why you had so many trades with each character so many days in a row like that.

i did explain to learner but here it is again, what do u want me to say ? i muled when i didnt?

now i will try and explain why there was so many trades although 20 a day seems hard for me to believe exept for the 1st week or so, i will try to give an example using one of the days, when they 1st started to play i gave them 1kgc each to get them started, a little later i bought them an excavator cape each, at some point later i gave them bits and bobs like leather helm boots and pants ect, later i gave them 100 le each, on the same day if i remember right littlesummer logged off me and littlelooter met in nc and he was giving raw meat and rabbit furs for me to summon for him (not for my own level gain) i summoned around 50 i think and he was having fun kicking them, because he couldnt heal yet i gave him a few brs too, all this and other little bits i may have forgotten about soon mounts up so much so that the amount of times you say we traded has really surprised me and its hard to remember every insident,

though u may not believe this amount of trades is normal please take this into consideration

A. we are a family and spent alot of time together as a good father and mother should

B. there is 4 of us playing so its only natural there would be alot more trades than say if it was only man and wife, example each person has 3 people to trade with not 1, this soon multiplies to alot of trades from the same ip compared to if it was just man and wife (hope u get what i meen by that)

C. though this amount of trades seems alot we was operating a bit like our own little guild, we use channel #1239 to make this easier, now if you imagine a small guild of good friends not on the same ip and was to calculate the amount of trades between them i think you would see a very similar amount of trades

please understand where im coming from, if my family do not exist and i created them as mules (alts) what could i possibly gain with the emu levels they have ? , what could i gain by leveling their summoning i meen if they where mules wouldnt i be collecting all the meat from them to level my main char? littlelooter has just started on his manu level ? why would i want to start manuing all over again on another char when i already have a char that is level 40? getting to that level was hard enough, also if they was mules wouldnt i have used them to level my main char? not the other way around , i have lost exp and items not gained, also if you check the trades you will see for example littlelooter made his 1st k of fe when we traded i payed him 4k like i would with anyone, another example shazon reset to get rid of power hungry so i told her to make 5k he to quickly get back to a reasonable level, i bought 2k off her and payed her 14k like i would any other player she still has the rest, if they where alts why on earth would i buy things from myself ?

i can not say anything else to convince you guys, i wish we had never bought the router/hub now :P

edit - something else i want to add in my defence why would we all have added each other to our buddy list, i meen if they where alts why the hell would i want to pm myself ?

edit again - also if you check these logs u will see that the amount of trades has graduly gotten less and less as they became more capable of playing themselves

Edited by LOOTER

I NEVER said you couldn't trade and play as a family

i never said you said that aislinn but we have played in a natural way and this is what has happened so therefore how can we play as a family ? because the same thing will happen again

edit-

me and littlelooter met in nc and he was giving raw meat and rabbit furs for me to summon for him (not for my own level gain) i summoned around 50 i think and he was having fun kicking them, because he couldnt heal yet i gave him a few brs too,
whilst in nc he was also killing rabbits and giving the stuff to me to summon Edited by LOOTER

After going over your explanations and the logs, we have decided to unban your characters.

However, please keep in mind that 15 or so trades in a 45 minute period are suspicious and when this pattern repeats, more than suspicious.

You can play as a family but please be mindful of your transactions. There should be NO reason for logs like these to show up again.

Unlocked: Weaselturd, Looter, littlelooter, littlesummer, and shazon

You can play as a family but please be mindful of your transactions. There should be NO reason for logs like these to show up again.

for this i am very greatful, but i fail to see how we can play as a family apart from avoiding each other in game and useing only a channel to chat because of the fear of you guys deciding this looks suspicious again and banning us again, i will tell the kids NEVER to trade to be sure, i know you and for that matter all mods are honest people, i ask you to actualy count all the times i traded with any of them since they started and then post the amount here instead of estimating it, because if it adds up to 150 i will eat my skunk hat and ban myself

anyway THX for the unban

edit- hmm i had just got out of bed and had very little sleep last night for some reason, after reading it again i see you didnt actually say looter traded 150 times so i apologise for that statement

Edited by LOOTER