Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Vote on what more spawns you need

Spawns (in no particular order)  

374 members have voted

1. 1. What addition spawns would you like to see?

• Deer
    • Fox
    • Wolf
    • Boar
    • Gargoyle
    • Puma
    • Bear
    • Snakes
    • Goblins
    • Orcs
    • Ogres
    • Cyclops
    • Skeletons
    • Fluffies
    • Forest Chim
    • Desert Chim
    • Mountain Chim
    • Trolls
    • Yeti
    • Arctic Chim

I voted Forest Chims, since I like them, but sadly the only spawn (I know of) is in PK area.

(and I know, its hard to find another proper forest/jungle home for them, but that would be nice. smile.gif )

Just throw a Couple into PV. wub.gif

PLz dont put them in PV, I like the safe PV

more desert chims would definetly solve most the the spawn problems. 100+ a/d players could stop using ts pots for fluffs and just do dc's, this would free up many fluff spawns. and yes there maybe 18 fluff spawns but the ones in pk are never used b/c the harm spell is rly powerful atm. most pkers can harm for 40+ which makes training on fluff in pk almost impossible, unless u want to burn through alot of HEs and SRs healing at 60+ to be safe. any1 invisible can atk harm and damage ring for a quick 60 damage giving the atked player no time to react.

-broken

I agree with this issue. There may be more spawns than are used, but they are not worth the trouble of using, so everybody clogs up the "safer" ones. If you are fluffy level, you won't go to a fluffy spawn that has chims able to get you as well. If you are cyc level, you won't go to a spawn that has fluffies and higher. And pretty much nobody wants to go to these spawns on a pk map unless you are one of the top fighters. So more wasted spawns.

Actually this concept applies to the pk maps as well...I think more people would spread out on the pretty much un-used pk maps if the high level creatures/monsters weren't roaming on them as well. (Tirnym comes to mind).

So I personally would prefer to see a better distribution of locations as well as some spawn additions.

Edit:

... pk maps are dangerous places ppl that train there should have more benefits then ppl that choose safe non pk maps.

Upon re-reading the thread again, I found this which I had missed. I think this concept (and not just pk maps, but high level creature maps also) might be worth taking a look at too, in addition to some spawn relocations.

I totally agree with Aislinn.

Voted fluff, but maybe instead of adding spawns relocation of some would be enough.

I third that sentiment. For example Tirnym has lots of unarmed male orcs which are rarely trained on, because there's armed orcs there, a mountain chim, and is pk. Its largely an unused spawn except on no drops days, and even then its pretty quiet.

There are a number of spawns like this. The best spawns for some levels, are in areas where they cannot train on them safely. I mean, the best place for snakes is naralik, which also has goblins and phantom warriors. Sure, people training on higher level monsters can probably afford to lose a monster magnetism cloak, but not someone training on snakes.

I do think that some of the better spawns should be dangerous to train at, can't make things too easy, but not all the good spawns. Perhaps if the existing spawns were rearranged a bit, or some creatures/spawns were made more appealing to train on, that might suffice. I mean, there's lots of people around my levels training on orcs or starting ogres, but meanwhile, I have most of the cat spawns to myself in redmoon. I don't really have a suggestion as to how, but perhaps adjusting stats or drops might encourage people to vary their training habits.

Edit: I rather like stalag's idea. It seems like a good way to encourage people to train more on pk maps (referring to the suggestion about creatures not roaming far from their spawn sites). As has been said, its very dangerous to train on pk maps now with invis harmers etc., so perhaps something to make those spawns more appealing would be better than chucking more spawns in already crowded areas.

Oh, and I agree with magpie, so many snowy maps on Irilion and hardly any white tigers, be nice to see more. Though as I've said tigers and such are largely unused to train on, so we really need something to encourage players to do so (invincibilty potion requiring 10 tiger furs? j/k :wub:).

Edited by Terena

Whats wrong with training in PK?

I'd say what 60-85% of people who train Fluff use NMT, and some use COL, it's not hard to take a cutlass with you for back up really, is it? And I am sure the whole 2 emu that 1 diss/tele ring would ruin your training too? And honestly, who walks to C2 to check all the "PK Fluffy Sapwns" to steal a kill?

If you are fluffy level, you won't go to a fluffy spawn that has chims able to get you as well. If you are cyc level, you won't go to a spawn that has fluffies and higher.

But if you are fluffy level the orcs/armed orcs/trolls/ogres you kill at no cost between fluffy respawns can make your training profitable. Those spawns do have some value just not really for the players who want to train on them.

i voted orc's for the same reason as the_knight and labrat

Edited by thelethalmoo

forest chim

It's a Mountain Chim, but you prolly knew that :wub:

Voted Trolls. Have yet to find any on c2, and as a good fighter-related source of income its hard to find a free trollspawn on c1.

Voted the same for the same reason

As for the Desert Chims and Fluffs, I don't know anything about them. But looking at what I've read and the amount of fluff spawns, it would be nice to see some more des chims :wub:

Err... well you know what I mean. I'm only on that map on no-drops day. Any kind of chim means a quick trip to the underworld for me and people at my levels, is the point I was making (unless you've got a team of harmers :wub:).

There is an old saying: "No pain, no gain". Similarly, the profit is usually directly proportional with the risk involved.

Which means that you should also go in the PK spawns to train.

There is an old saying: "No pain, no gain". Similarly, the profit is usually directly proportional with the risk involved.

That is a valid point ent, but unless you have the resources to to spend on ts spell/potion to see if theres an invisible person, even then to some extent, the profit is not worth risk involved specially(usually) in td.

edit : i dont think they should be moved or changed or anything like that and i do see your point to it.

might be a nice little idea to have all the chims on pk maps only ones that arent are desert chims and 1 mountain chim iirc, but im sure there'd be alot of complaints from those 50+ players that its hard enough as it is or w/e

Edited by chaoogie

That is a valid point ent, but unless you have the resources to to spend on ts spell/potion to see if theres an invisible person, even then to some extent, the profit is not worth risk involved specially(usually) in td.

edit : i dont think they should be moved or changed or anything like that and i do see your point to it.

might be a nice little idea to have all the chims on pk maps only ones that arent are desert chims and 1 mountain chim iirc, but im sure there'd be alot of complaints from those 50+ players that its hard enough as it is or w/e

You don't have to take the best items with you while training on animals in PK maps. A few sets of augmented armor and some mid level swords should be adequate. And if you get PKed, you won't lose that much.

I believe the point being made, is that there is no extra advantage to counter the risk of training on a pk map. Most people just don't consider the potential rewards to be worth the risk, and so, a number of pk spawns are unused. If there were an advantage to using these spawns, people might take that risk more readily. E.g. more contained spawns, double spawns, etc. But I'm just speculating.

I believe the point being made, is that there is no extra advantage to counter the risk of training on a pk map. Most people just don't consider the potential rewards to be worth the risk, and so, a number of pk spawns are unused. If there were an advantage to using these spawns, people might take that risk more readily. E.g. more contained spawns, double spawns, etc. But I'm just speculating.

The advantage is simple: If the other spawns are taken, you have the option between training in a PK map on adequate monsters, or training in safe areas on 'cheap' monsters, or walking from spawn to spawn until you find a free one.

You can pk some if you train in pk maps :wub: + what arigorn said and you have free spawn ;O

Edited by NitageR

Guest stalag
But if you are fluffy level the orcs/armed orcs/trolls/ogres you kill at no cost between fluffy respawns can make your training profitable. Those spawns do have some value just not really for the players who want to train on them.

indeed, like the cyc's in bethel are like a snack between DC's.

very true.

The advantage is simple: If the other spawns are taken, you have the option between training in a PK map on adequate monsters, or training in safe areas on 'cheap' monsters, or walking from spawn to spawn until you find a free one.

not so true. I mean there should be more advantages, im especially refering to kusamura FC and sometimes but less fluffys in TD. Its hard to find the FC and when you get it , sometimes it just vanish and you lose again lots of time to track it...or maybe is just me :wub:

Why dont you put better drops in pk monsters? that would put more ppl training there, meaning more deaths...more rostos leaving game if ppl training with NMT or more drops for pkers. More risky more fun :wub:

pk monsters = more drops plus less path walk imo.

Why dont you put better drops in pk monsters? that would put more ppl training there, meaning more deaths...more rostos leaving game if ppl training with NMT or more drops for pkers. More risky more fun :wub:

Great idea, so simple, and can add some strategy 2 training. For example:

I choose TD, i train in expensive equipment(like col+tit pl8 set), risk death, but i also gain more, or i stay on non-pk map so im safe, but i get normal drops ^^

eMPi

Edited by masterpiter

There may be more spawns than are used, but they are not worth the trouble of using, so everybody clogs up the "safer" ones. If you are fluffy level, you won't go to a fluffy spawn that has chims able to get you as well. If you are cyc level, you won't go to a spawn that has fluffies and higher.

This is one major advantage for people with MM perk, so keep a few spawns like that please. It doesn't all have to be optimized to cater the 'best way to play the game according to majority'. I do agree that it can be distributed a bit better and like the idea of adding an exp/drop bonus to monster training in pk maps.

This is one major advantage for people with MM perk, so keep a few spawns like that please. It doesn't all have to be optimized to cater the 'best way to play the game according to majority'. I do agree that it can be distributed a bit better and like the idea of adding an exp/drop bonus to monster training in pk maps.

Oh absolutely. I don't think every spawn or pk map needs to be easy, but I do think the way it is now, way too much is wasted, both spawns and maps.

Why dont you put better drops in pk monsters? that would put more ppl training there, meaning more deaths...more rostos leaving game if ppl training with NMT or more drops for pkers. More risky more fun :D

Interesting idea. Maybe it would spice up training. :)

Edited by CharlotteS

Why dont you put better drops in pk monsters? that would put more ppl training there, meaning more deaths...more rostos leaving game if ppl training with NMT or more drops for pkers. More risky more fun :)

Great idea, so simple, and can add some strategy 2 training. For example:

I choose TD, i train in expensive equipment(like col+tit pl8 set), risk death, but i also gain more, or i stay on non-pk map so im safe, but i get normal drops ^^

eMPi

This would be another great step in reviving PK and getting more people active in Pk grounds

Edited by pook