Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Orick

Guild Rank System

First of all changeing the needed rank for interguild chat to 6 was great.

Ok a few more guild ideas. I know there are a lot of postes on the topic of guilds, but this is new, or at least i cant find anything elts on it.

1. K. A new guild chat for just those of rank 15-20 and only 15-20 can c it. Recommended name is

Commanders Message- Recommended command #CM- Recommended color dark green.

2. Also, in addation to this new command and an add on for the original guild message is the rank you are in the guild. This will alow people to know where other people stand in the guild, now this could also be viewed as a bad idea for causing fights about ranks, puting a on/off command in place can stop this from happening in some guilds. This also might help with the #CM programing.

3. last but not least, and probably the easiest to change is, the rank needed for changing the guild information. i suggest it be moved to rank 16. This will open up rankes that guild masters have been reluctant to use do to fear of miss use.(this is comeing after someone in the recruting rant of 15 got mad at me and changed it and left)

Now, something i would like to c but might not be worth the hassel of doing is makeing the commands able to be changed from rank to rank by the guild master while in game. I have no clue how hard that would be but it would be great to c it in action

thank you very much. and again please dont block this from comment. i personly would like to c what people think about it, so guild masters and and members please comment.

and again this is just an idea

Edited by Orick

This is a good idea, except for the third one, I personally think the rank to change the guild information should be higher than 16, maybe 18 or something. :)

the first two iirc have been suggested, the last one is in theory a good idea, but again as most mods (afaik) would say dont give the rank to someone that you dont trust... but then again of course you trusted them hence you gave them the rank, somtimes it isnt so cut and dry as soem make it appear. the changing player ranks while offline thing seems a lil pointless as you can just lower them when you see them or have one of your co leaders derank them if you msis them

Hey orick i like all the ideas and i would like to see them implemeted or atleast tested on the test server these ideas would make a guild masters job that much easier and stop some of the hassel of the mad players spaming in #gm and #ig ah thats all

This is a good idea, except for the third one, I personally think the rank to change the guild information should be higher than 16, maybe 18 or something. :)

i agree with this post

and other than the above stated 18 rather than 16, i think its a good idea especially the #CM

signed: Happy_G, GM of THC

ooh and if anyone has the links to any other threads on the 3 ideas I posted on, can you add them to your reply

Edited by Orick

1. A good idea which may encourage inter-guild communication and relations.

2. It might be helpful as long as the on/off toggle is available; although, it may also be redundant since the #rank command can give you the same information.

3. I like the idea and would be in favor of increasing that priviledge to rank 18 or so. This would free up available ranks most guilds are not currently using.

4. Some guild commands are available on the encylopedia, but not all. I find I need to look at other sites in order to find the commands I need to use. Adding all guild commands to the encylopedia would be helpful.

I'm not a programmer and I have no idea how hard these ideas would be to implement, but it gets a thumbs-up from me. :)

1) we've been waiting for this so long that it's in my bot :) granted, that's only PM relay... a version of #IG for high ranks as well would be handy (currently it's "#IG any captains on I can talk to?" "/name yes?" "it's about X" "oh, PM Y" and you don't know they're even guild leaders)

2) rank 19+ can #rank other members... as for who else should get that info? it'd vary from guild to guild (and, you guessed it, I added that to my bot as well)

3) something like ent's usual responce... if you don't trust them to change info, why would you trust them to recruit and represent your guild?

i would personally like to see a guild-channel where you can chat with your guild and guild allies

i know it's impossible since every guild has other allies, but maybe a chat for 2-3 guilds at once would be nice

i would personally like to see a guild-channel where you can chat with your guild and guild allies

i know it's impossible since every guild has other allies, but maybe a chat for 2-3 guilds at once would be nice

just pick a high channel number and tell your allies to use that for multi guild chat ... and keep the channel # a secret

Nice job Orick I think the #cm for higher guild members is a great idea.

And maybe if showing members ranks might be a problem then what about it only being visible to rank 15 and over .

Will certainly make my job easier seeing what rank my members are without having to keep typing in guild commands

Handyman