Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
princessarora

inventory bag for the second time!

Last week i reported that when i logged out i had several items in my inventory bag. When i logged back in later in the day, all the items were gone. Entropy seemed to think that maybe i dropped the stuff by mistake before i logged out but i know that is not the case. Now it seems to have happened again! Day before yesterday i did a lot of silver mining and when i was finished i had to log out as i had no more time to play. When i logged back in again today, all the stuff in my inventory bag was gone! The first time it happened, it was very upsetting as i had worked hard for the items in my bag but now a second time happening has made me even more upset! I spent an hour the other day harvesting that silver and for what?.........seems it was for nothing. I love playing EL however if this continues to happen I don't see the point in playing anymore. It's very very frustrating.

Check if u are at the same places in same direction when u log back in. If else it could be that somebody else is using your character :S

I lost more then 200 silver that i harvested. It's nothing that i can't replace without having to pay for but it's frustrating when you spend a lot of time doing something and then for no reason at all have it taken away. When i logged back in, my character was still in her place where i left her. I was ready to start making my essence so i could go onto my next level of magic, but now i'm going to have to go and harvest all over again.

Wait, wait, wait. 200 silver? Did you put that in a bag on the floor? Because these disappear after...what is it?...5 or 11 minutes. You could not have held 200 silver ore in your inventory, it'd be too heavy.

ok this is what happened exactly. I harvested the silver (maybe it wasn't 200, i could be wrong) but i do know that my inventory was at it's max capacity because of the silver. The silver was all i had in the inventory. Even though the capacity was maxed out, the silver was not dropped in a bag on the floor. I double checked that because this has happened to me before, recently. At the same time, i left it in my inventory and not my depot because my depot was maxed out too. I was going to empty my depot the next time i logged on. Unfortunately i didn't have the time to do it then......I think maybe arafin could be right and it was the server. Other things have been happening too. For example, yesterday i was playing for a maximum of an hour and in that time, I crashed 4 or 5 times and had to log back in each time. And each time this happened, i was either healing players with magic or i was making essence but away from crouds of other players.

there is a bughunt going on in the client code.

may i ask if you are useing nvidia based graphic card?

and what driver version you are useing?

and maybe what other general hardware you where useing and if you where tasking the computer heavy (like say by running the client in a window and jumping to and from the client and other programs).

Yes i am presently using NVIDIA Ge Force2 and the driver version is 5.2.1.6 installed on the 10/6/2003. Plz let me know if there is a newer version of the drivers or is it my video card that i should think about replacing?