Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

For the "omfg branchers!11!" people

i can see how players work for their armor, and i see it is very hard. even me so far i try to gather alot of stuff for my own col and maybe titanium armor in the future i see it is very hard and time consuming. when i see players complaining about their items dying to branch i see their spirit also breaking. this cloak first is a good thing becuase ent gave u an item that protects against branch, when before u would be without cloak to fend ur chances, its better than nothing. but i also see it has a high break rate which saddens me too. but hey its life theres always a balance, so what ever the devs make i can live with becuase they create the game and they constently examine it to make updates.

:)

Omg guys...I cant believe yall would complain. I totally agree with pyewacket. Playing EL is a privledge not a right. This could be a game you have to pay for and Entr. gives it to you for free.

To Entr, thank you for such a great game. To the mods thank you for ur service to the game.

You know you kind of have to put urself in Entr's shoes and see how he feels about this. You would probably feel the same way.

Would it be possible to have the cloak increase the chance of BroD/BoD breaking when used against it?

No, that is not possible and not desirable either. The cloak is 6.5K, while the Brod/BoD is 230K/180K

Omg guys...I cant believe yall would complain. I totally agree with pyewacket. Playing EL is a privledge not a right. This could be a game you have to pay for and Entr. gives it to you for free.

To Entr, thank you for such a great game. To the mods thank you for ur service to the game.

You know you kind of have to put urself in Entr's shoes and see how he feels about this. You would probably feel the same way.

not me i would be more pissed..that i work all day to help people have fun for free and they complain..

Most people don't like branch - and thus, don't like branchers. Brod = part of the game, being known as a brancher wouldn't do you so much good, I guess - at least, people bitching at me for being an "omfg brancher" wouldn't improve my fun playing the game, would it? It's still part of the game - and IMO it's a great game, of course me being too poor to buy any decent stuff to be branched upon might help, but anyway, keep up the good work Ent!

- Elminsterr

Anyway, I think the BoD/BRoD effects are enough already, I never understood why did they inflict high damage anyway (not sure 'bout branch, but bone does)

Anyway, I think the BoD/BRoD effects are enough already, I never understood why did they inflict high damage anyway (not sure 'bout branch, but bone does)

???

he meant with each "hit" it does xx amount of damage due to the players a/d, he was just saying that the effects of the bod/brod should be enough so that people use them. Making them only have the effect of breaking and not doing HP damage would be a nice thing maybe change some attitudes on both sides (not directed at anyone inparticular)

other than the hp damage from the 150 bone hit

I think thats what he was trying to suggestion or imply not sure :S

Edited by chaoogie

he meant with each "hit" it does xx amount of damage due to the players a/d, he was just saying that the effects of the bod/brod should be enough so that people use them. Making them only have the effect of breaking and not doing HP damage would be a nice thing maybe change some attitudes on both sides (not directed at anyone inparticular)

They do very little damage (except fort he BoD lucky hit).

Guest ohmygod

Although intiially impressed with this idea it has become apparent that there are some flaws with this. The major flaw in the new cape is the breakability. OK sure put it on when you see a Brod but in the heat of a battle when surounded by many attkers/defenders (very rare to see now days :( but hope to see again sometime in the future) you cannot even see your own health bar let alone the weapon someone is using against you, (disadvantage of having gnome character i guess) plus from learned experience the Brod does its damage in the first few seconds you face it, when both factors are combined this gives no chance to equip the cape even if there was a quick change function in game.

How about making the cape unbreakable (cept for acid rain) and selling it in EL-Shop?

I would buy.

Thermal serps for a long time had entered the game through the shop. Why? because they looked kool and kicked ass! So they became an esential part of a pkers tool kit. Everyone that was "somebody" managed to get one either from shop or as gifts/trades from other players.

AFAIK no one complained about this(?) and if they did they soon shut up and got one i reckon.

For the life of me i still cannot understand why the Brod is in game, but it is and NooBs will use it. I and some others have indicated we would pay real $ for an item that offers REAL protection against this NooB weapon. For those that do not wish to pay real $ i am positive they will be able to obtain them in similar ways as they did their thermal serp.

If that is not an option then maybe a spell of some sort, this could of couse, be a time limited one, simmilar to mag immune and would give those people who own Brods a chance at still using them It would force the the defender to be on guard, watch his Mana use and choose his spells carefully, and for the attacker they would need to exchange a killing weapon for the breaking one and vice versa perodically.

We have already a potion of invisability and a spell of invisability in game so a Cloak and a spell of (the same name should not matter either.

Edit:

I am a slow typer and have spent many minutes on typing this so if this sounds like its comming from left field, it because you's all posted as i was drafting this post up :)

Edited by ohmygod

I am not fighter. Just a maker of items. But I understand that branches help economy of the game. If many players have all very good items and they havent a chance to lose them they dont feel fear to lose it.

I played many online games many years and I know that many good items in game did boring game because prices were lower and lower for very rare items. And many common items were unsaleable.

But 99% of good players in EL have rostogols in training or in pk fights. But branches are only way how lose items. Rostogols stopped move items from 1 player to another player.

If you choice to use Brod its only on you. Every player with gc money can buy some Brod and fight with it.

Dollars are dollars but some players have money and some players havent money. Its on you if you will spend money for food, education etc. or EL game.

I am not fighter. Just a maker of items. But I understand that branches help economy of the game. If many players have all very good items and they havent a chance to lose them they dont feel fear to lose it.

I played many online games many years and I know that many good items in game did boring game because prices were lower and lower for very rare items. And many common items were unsaleable.

But 99% of good players in EL have rostogols in training or in pk fights. But branches are only way how lose items. Rostogols stopped move items from 1 player to another player.

If you choice to use Brod its only on you. Every player with gc money can buy some Brod and fight with it.

Dollars are dollars but some players have money and some players havent money. Its on you if you will spend money for food, education etc. or EL game.

Finally someone who gets it.

Hi just want to say this: I didnt bitch about $ really i see that development needs $.Only wanted to say that only ppl who didnt work for their levels/gc like brod cause have nothing to lost

LOL @ u i dont even play with money OMG...and toomass gave you a top10 a/d with 2millon GC so why are u complaiing????????

Actually i made better ranked char than Toomass is by myself and u did nothing...(and i dont even play with money OMG?lol sure that u dont if u got top char with full storage u dont need money anmyore)and i was complaing not cause of me..brod cant hurt me with my stuff and levels, i fought for weak ppl who must work months to get good stuff

Matess

(Used my sisters account hope u dont ban her also :) only wanted make it clear..anyway sorry for this post..i wont bother u again with my opinions at forum...was my last post about el)

*yawn*

I second that. This convo is getting so annoying. I think I'll go play Guild Wars for a bit.

-Blee

They do very little damage (except fort he BoD lucky hit).

doubt that.. i seen bod hit for 50's that's about the dmg an orc slayer would do.

Yes with my p/c and BP cape I have hit 62 with BoD hehe. :)

If that is not an option then maybe a spell of some sort, this could of couse, be a time limited one, simmilar to mag immune and would give those people who own Brods a chance at still using them It would force the the defender to be on guard, watch his Mana use and choose his spells carefully, and for the attacker they would need to exchange a killing weapon for the breaking one and vice versa perodically.

We have already a potion of invisability and a spell of invisability in game so a Cloak and a spell of (the same name should not matter either.

Godwyn, thats great idea :)

eMPi

But I understand that branches help economy of the game. If many players have all very good items and they havent a chance to lose them they dont feel fear to lose it.

Wouldn't it be better if people didn't fear to lose their items? Then they would PK a lot more and far more items would decay naturally. Most forum posts about no drops day include one or two thermal serps breaking.

At the moment PK is all loss (essences, potions, rostogols). This cape, while being great for stopping the BroD losses, is another thing to add to the list of "normal" losses during PK. I realise we're probably too far down the road to make these changes but what i would suggest is:

1) Remove the BroD (bear with me, reasons and alternatives to follow)

2) Make the serp stone act as a semi-rostogol which protects only your equiped items

3) Stop monsters dropping any finished items

4) Change the recipes for the new items to include more serp stone type ingredients (monster drops only)

If every day in KF were even a quarter of what it's like on no drops day the amount of items lost through natural decay would increase dramatically, 1) and 2) should go a long way towards making this a reality. 3) is purely to help the market: fighters get drops for "free" during the training they'd be doing anyway so they can always undercut a manuer who has alchemists and harvesters to pay. 4) is to give fighters some alternative income to the finished items while giving you a second method of keeping rare items rare, a rare monster drop to complement the difficulty of obtaining wolf/hydro products rather than compete with it.

@Entropy: do you have numbers for the amount of new items (titanium cuisses, wolfram bars, etc) entering the game from monsters compared to the number exiting via BroD? I would be interested to see them (i'm a confirmed statistics junkie).

i came upon this a bit late, but would just like to make a comment/suggestion please forgive me if i fail to make sence.... been a long day and brain is starting to shit out....

but anyway looking at the brod/bod i noticed after the purchase there is really arent many cons to those particular weapons for there quite potent effect... would it be possible to add some sort of equalizer effect to them to balance it kinda like the stronger dmg weapons tend to have a negative effect on accuracy and/or defence and such? and to whoever offered up the quicker way to switch equiptment i must say that is a nifty idea.. in arigorns post about switching to cutless to break the cloak and damage the col (which i did fix btw so you 2 still lost more than i =P) it was me that happened to and we went for sometime swtiching back and forth in equipt ment (me going from the red cloak to mirror ,till that broke from branch, hit to bp and him from cutless to branch) the cloak was still gone in a single battle which is a large draw back... so with the cloak the main concern i have seen so far is that it will make the rings useless if made stronger and from the user view it is not effective because it is fragile... so would it be possibly to make it stronger however sacrificing the ability to protect against the rings in return? that way the concern of it not being useful to players because of break rate is fixed and at the same time the worry of it effecting the rings is also controlled since then its only use would be bod/brod (which from what i have noticed is the majority of players main use for it anyway)....

personally it isnt a big deal to me since im sure either way ill be wandering pk and what not wether or not it is empty for lack of better stuff to do at some times during the day.. but it seems to be getting to alot of people which overall sucks balls cuz dampens the fun factor.. and to be clear im not trying to piss anybody off nor bitch just offering some possibilities that may or may not be cared for..