Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

For the "omfg branchers!11!" people

I am not fighter. Just a maker of items. But I understand that branches help economy of the game. If many players have all very good items and they havent a chance to lose them they dont feel fear to lose it.

I played many online games many years and I know that many good items in game did boring game because prices were lower and lower for very rare items. And many common items were unsaleable.

But 99% of good players in EL have rostogols in training or in pk fights. But branches are only way how lose items. Rostogols stopped move items from 1 player to another player.

If you choice to use Brod its only on you. Every player with gc money can buy some Brod and fight with it.

Dollars are dollars but some players have money and some players havent money. Its on you if you will spend money for food, education etc. or EL game.

Finally someone who gets it.

Partly. Viewed by itself, this is correct. However, for a long time the most expensive armor was replacable within hours. As a result, players have ditched nexuses that create money or make money making less dull and contribute to oa, in exchange for p/c.

Most of the frustrations you see are a result of this, players that have worked long to get their char to high levels and a filled storage. Even if you have 2mill gc, that will run out sometime if you have to replace 100-200k worth of armor daily. As a result, people shy away from the brod, rather then take it as collatoral damage. Arguments about BoD/Mana rings I don't get. They can be countered easily (oh, maybe even will is a nice attribute here....) and some people complaining about them, claim 'unfairness' packaged as 'noobness', while they have no prob 'fairly' fighting someone 20 or more a/d lower and taking their items, because they are in the wrong guild or just because they can.

When I look at how exp is built up, it doesn't fit the new economy anymore. It needs a new exp platform (at 140 maybe? 40=>90=>140) and possibly more exp per dodge/hit when it comes to a/d. With new economy I mean, that things are being slowed down to create a market (which is the only way to force cooperation/economy in an environment where everyone is capable of doing/making everything). This would allow current players to rethink their attributes and put more in nexii. I think the levels 140+ are just too hard to make, with current economy.

And then the biggest change: mindset of top players. Will take a generation lol, but ditching all nexii except human 7/ inorg 2 (if that), just won't cut it anymore. Each skill has some very great money makers now at high level. Focus on one of those, maybe more, and you give yourself options on how to pay for 6.5k capes and/or new armor.

Of course you hear a lot of players complaining about "skill x is boring", "I just like fighting", but honestly, I really think you've chosen the wrong game then. EL was born outof frustration with class limitations, yet I see a lot of players trying to 'be' a class and making arguments for 'their class' and demanding that their class should be profitable on it's own. Doesn't work that way, and keeping that mindset only makes developers reluctant to develop new things.

Edited by RallosZek

I second that. This convo is getting so annoying. I think I'll go play Guild Wars for a bit.

-Blee

That's the spirit!

Ent, buy GW and/or GW factions and come pwnt with me when I upgrade my comp a little. \o/

I bet you'd make a pwntage Minions Master if you were a necro. :laugh:

-Blee

Partly. Viewed by itself, this is correct. However, for a long time the most expensive armor was replacable within hours. As a result, players have ditched nexuses that create money or make money making less dull and contribute to oa, in exchange for p/c.

Just because we have better armor doesn't mean that players should also use it all the time. If you go PK often, you can use a cheaper armor, and save the good armor for contests or events.

Besides, the items are repairable anyway, no?

Dosn't that give people a reason to wear them all the time? lol :/

Just a little thought for people to consider when they think about complaining about the branch (or any other weapon/item in the game). There is nothing 'bad' (pardon the label for anyone who does use them), about the weapon itself, its the people who use them. For the branch specifically, I can think of at least 2 positive ways to use it, yet many people are focusing only on its negative uses:

Situation 1: As an equaliser. A player can challenge someone slightly above their levels by using the branch to force them into cheaper equipment. This makes a battle less about the numbers and who has better stats.

Situation 2: As a deterrent. A player can pick and choose their battles, as people will not be so quick to attack when they see they have a branch equipped (many people have already bluffed like this with a normal branch).

There you go, 2 positive ways to use the branch. Yes, it is unfortunate that a few people prefer to use it for vandalism or vengence, but it is your choice whether to fight them or not, just as it is their choice to use the weapon.

Such an attitude applies to many additions and updates to the game. Just because you see only the negative aspects, does not mean it is bad for the game. Take hydro as an example. How many people bashed this idea when it was announced? And now look, steel two edged swords have risen sharply in price and are in great demand. Sometimes you do need the people who play the game in order to see how some things affect it, but you also need people with a wider view, who can be impartial about those effects.

And just consider, a beta-tester's function is only to find bugs and errors in a game. We are very fortunate to be able to play and enjoy a game we like while doing so. We are also very fortunate that our constructive criticisms, and sensible suggestions are given consideration, and in some cases do actually end up in game. So everyone, take a chill pill and enjoy the game for what it is. If you don't enjoy it, then there's plenty of other games to play.

Just because we have better armor doesn't mean that players should also use it all the time. If you go PK often, you can use a cheaper armor, and save the good armor for contests or events.

Believe it or not, I agree with you. I don't see any of those weapons as a different problem then bagjumping. It should be handled with community moral, not by the game. I'm just providing some background as to why people are bitching a lot about it and maybe start a different mindset for attributes distribution.

For instance, you could go all phys + cutlass + com + acc pots + cheapo armor and not be worried about mana rings, bod, brod. And yes, I do realize that requires a reset.

Any thoughts about an exp platform at 140?

I am not fighter. Just a maker of items. But I understand that branches help economy of the game. If many players have all very good items and they havent a chance to lose them they dont feel fear to lose it.

I played many online games many years and I know that many good items in game did boring game because prices were lower and lower for very rare items. And many common items were unsaleable.

But 99% of good players in EL have rostogols in training or in pk fights. But branches are only way how lose items. Rostogols stopped move items from 1 player to another player.

If you choice to use Brod its only on you. Every player with gc money can buy some Brod and fight with it.

Dollars are dollars but some players have money and some players havent money. Its on you if you will spend money for food, education etc. or EL game.

Finally someone who gets it.

Amen Brother!

Believe it or not, I agree with you. I don't see any of those weapons as a different problem then bagjumping. It should be handled with community moral, not by the game. I'm just providing some background as to why people are bitching a lot about it and maybe start a different mindset for attributes distribution.

For instance, you could go all phys + cutlass + com + acc pots + cheapo armor and not be worried about mana rings, bod, brod. And yes, I do realize that requires a reset.

Any thoughts about an exp platform at 140?

platform like as in the maximum level you can attain..i seriously douubt that i think Azrakan Falcon wouldnt apprecite it also along with many other high levels

Despite my newb levels I too would dislike the idea of a set level being enforced..the attraction of Eternal Lands is the Eternal bit. I can literally work my stats for teh rest of my natural life. And a fair chunk of my unnatural one too.

That remains to be seen.

And if the players are nice (which is usually not the case) I will find a few things so that the high level players can still progress.

exp is so low at so high level, i dont think any1 will have the motivation to train so much, well maby if there where some new monsters wich give more exp

exp is so low at so high level, i dont think any1 will have the motivation to train so much, well maby if there where some new monsters wich give more exp

Like, say, giants, yeti and arctics?

big gap between fluffy and yeti's/arctic from 85 a/d till 120's/130's a/d

so i think he's referring to that Ent

40/50 a/d lvl's on fluff alone now that's not motivating

That remains to be seen.

And if the players are nice (which is usually not the case) I will find a few things so that the high level players can still progress.

going to fill that gap up?

platform like as in the maximum level you can attain..i seriously douubt that i think Azrakan Falcon wouldnt apprecite it also along with many other high levels

I think by platform he meant the decreases in percentage needed for the next level that happen at levels 40 and 90.

big gap between fluffy and yeti's/arctic from 85 a/d till 120's/130's a/d

so i think he's referring to that Ent

40/50 a/d lvl's on fluff alone now that's not motivating

That remains to be seen.

going to fill that gap up?

You mean all the chims but the arctic?

Guest ohmygod

Was nice to see LuciferX in his cheap armours the other day. Had i been in my cheap ones i would have got some nice death messages. :)

Silly question...

Can we not have 2 types of PK area - one where rosts/bod/brod etc work,

and one where just plain old fashioned armour and sword work?

That way both camps are happy

And perhaps a limit - where players can only attack players a certain level below them - this would encourage low level players to sample pk without being whacked by the top 10-20 as soon as they enter the map.

Silly question...

And perhaps a limit - where players can only attack players a certain level below them - this would encourage low level players to sample pk without being whacked by the top 10-20 as soon as they enter the map.

Just another idea, sorta adding to your idea about the "normal PK area" you could also stop people going there with COL/Tit plate etc by making Rosto's not work, so if they do go there, they have a chance of loosing there items if they get teamed up on or something..?

Silly question...

Rosts/brod/bod/etc are all legal weapons in the game, so I doubt seriously we would make areas that pose those limits. As for other limits on levels, the answer is NO. We do not allow limits and this subject has been suggested a few times. Perhaps you need to search for similar topics in the future.

Guest ohmygod

Silly question...

Raz, the Brod is in game to to ensure that there is never an oversupply of stuff in the game. check out post 114.