Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

For the "omfg branchers!11!" people

I don't think it's intended that you wear the cape for the whole fight (risking it breaking). You keep it in your inventory (just like all your other tools of the trade) and only put it on if it's needed (like if the person you're fighting equips a BroD). Otherwise, you're just risking the loss of 6K+ cape and having the other person laugh at you when it breaks and then pull out his branch.

Exactly. The very reason why the breaking rate (which is 0.8%) is so high (compared to other items) is so that player won't wear it all the time during the fights. If the breaking rate would be lower, I could just discard the BoD, BroD and the damage and mana drain rings.

By the way, the ever increasing number of items available for use in fighting is why a quicker way to change items would be very helpful (the already suggested idea that if you equip something it will automatically remove a similar item and put it back in your inventory).

This is a good idea, I will consider it.

Just few facts..We used to have great battles with many ppl on kf every night.Then u came with cooldown,termals,rostogals,invi,bod,brod,mana rings..and whats result? I check pk maps every evening and rarely meet someone...I like new updates and stuff in game also, but shouldnt it bring more fun? Pk used to be instant action..we all miss old times...(well except few ppl who trying dominate game with dollars )

Before u will delete my post think little bit about it plz

If the breaking rate would be lower, I could just discard the BoD, BroD and the damage and mana drain rings.

Actually this cape solved nothing with this break rate..it was added only cause wanted some ,,argument'' againts all critics...btw noone like brod only liquid,mufossa/pookies/quimbly/luciferx..thats kinda low compare to rest of game..

Actually this cape solved nothing with this break rate..it was added only cause wanted some ,,argument'' againts all critics...btw noone like brod only liquid,mufossa/pookies/quimbly/luciferx..thats kinda low compare to rest of game..

there we have the whole gang of people bought them into game by credit card. maybe they should all start over and experience el as it was supposed to be \o/

Edited by the_voice

Seriously though, is the cloak meant to break that easily? I've trained in aug leathers, and sometimes its quite a while before they break. Are matess' figures just cases of bad luck, or is it meant to break that easily?

It's just bad luck.

The very reason why the breaking rate (which is 0.8%) is so high (compared to other items) is so that player won't wear it all the time during the fights. If the breaking rate would be lower, I could just discard the BoD, BroD and the damage and mana drain rings.

Which was what I was saying..

If the breaking rate would be lower, I could just discard the BoD, BroD and the damage and mana drain rings.

I'm not allowed to use a weapon thats in game? Oh ok sorry.. :D

If you don't like the cape dont use it, and stop bitching about everything Ent does or dosn't do. The cape is fine as it is, get over it or play a different game for fuck sake.

If you don't like the cape dont use it, and stop bitching about everything Ent does or dosn't do. The cape is fine as it is, get over it or play a different game for fuck sake.

Maybe u dont know, but there is a big difference between bitching and constructive critique :D

We are betatesting the game and therefore, we should have a chance to say what we think, however it is up to ent to take/refuse our ideas. So i dont see why u should tell everyone to stfu.

Edited by Istiach

By the way, the ever increasing number of items available for use in fighting is why a quicker way to change items would be very helpful (the already suggested idea that if you equip something it will automatically remove a similar item and put it back in your inventory).

This is a good idea, I will consider it.

How about making it a bit easier to understand (think qstaff vs shield/1hander):

you get x (low, 2 maybe 5 once more gear becomes available) 'gearsets', you can designate each equipment slot to it and save it with a name. Initialy maybe via text commands (#save_gear name, #load_gear name) and later with a small window, showing a miniature of the gear. Switching gear will be on a similar timer as spells, can't switch gear in fights for x seconds once done (personally thinking 4 or 5).

Maybe u dont know, but there is a big difference between bitching and constructive critique :P

We are betatesting the game and therefore, we should have a chance to say what we think, however it is up to ent to take/refuse our ideas. So i dont see why u should tell everyone to stfu.

That's not constructive criticism, it's bitching.

liquid/mufossa etc try play this game w/o $ and u will find out soon

And so we get banned from the forums for a month.

Honestly, Entropy, I don't fully blame them for what they're saying. I can understand them. The advantage of their $$ is indeed high.

But anyway, this is off-topic and I don't feel like putting all my thoughts up here.

Err, just another question on that tho, isn't there any place where they can bitch/complain about this and talk to eachother about it?

And as far as the cape goes, I think its a decent idea, even if it breaks fast. To be honest, even if it breaks think like this:

Damn, I broke a 6.5k cape.. But if I wouldn't have had it, then my opponent would've used a BRoD right away and might've broken my CoL/Titanium Plate Torso/etc.. instead!

But in the end, I think you should just not fight a BRoD at all. Or if you get attacked by one, just take off all armor and take hits and hope your attacker breaks it on your head. And diss+tele is your second ability, it usually works too. Its not *that* hard to remember and do. Just try it.

Oh and to be honest, just like I understand you people talking about it here, I understand Entropy his anger for your continuous posts here about that crap.

-Blee

Yeah just banning people from the forum is an easy way to keep your naive idea for the truth. Everyone who actually PLAYS the game know this game is dominated by the creditcard guys. They might be 'needed' for the 'development' of the game. But don't say they have no big advantages in game, that is bulshit and everyone can say amen to that!

w/e we do it's a lose/lose situation use the cloak u lose 6,5k don't use it you don't then you get branched.

btw cloak is not a solution to branch.. in the long run cloak will cost more then you would have lost to branch.

anyway i have to agree that it's more about how much $$ you spend then about how u play..

don't get me wrong i know $ is needed for game development and all which is good, but with the current sources of income ppl get forced to either do other skills they don't like OR spend $ in EL shop

Guest alobar

Entropy do u know what democracy is?

world isnt only USA

but i know good US guys also

I am not saying banning mattess from forums is fair and i understand you want to support your friend and guild leader but you miss 2 points:

1.Entropy has declared noumerous times that there is no democracy in EL but dictaroship.

2.The admins have always right even if they actually dont.

I could apply some critisism for enforcing the rule "dont do as i do , but do as i say" but it is canceled by point no 2.Even if mattess doesnt have oneright in bs,ent can ban him but not the other way.I think your rights in EL are either to "bitch/whine" and risk to get banned and quit,quit without the "bitch/whine" part or just su and continue play.

Ps.In my opinion and as far as i know it doesnt exist democracy with the real meaning of the word in any part of the world.Democracy like it was percieved in ancient Athens 2400 years ago,meant that the "citizens" took part/voted in almost every deicision.Today you just vote every 4 years for some power hungry,lieing, steered by capital interests politician with uncertain agenda and most times cant do anything to influence the deicisions taken or change the leadership before the 4 years period is over.

Edited by alobar

Bitching like this is one of the reasons I don't like working at EL much at all.

It is because of this that you won't see many updates in the next 6 months. There will be some updates for us (like bandwidth statistics, and various other internal things that won't show in the game), and there will also be some other behind the scenes work.

And if people still complain about the $$ thing, we will stop accepting $$, live off our already existing cash reserves, continue developing the game, and then sell it to some big company for $$$. Of course, when that will happen you will see what dictature means, you will see a lot of banners and advertising in the game, and the company buying it might not even allow free accounts at all, or allow them with severe limitations.

Bitching like this is one of the reasons I don't like working at EL much at all.

It is because of this that you won't see many updates in the next 6 months. There will be some updates for us (like bandwidth statistics, and various other internal things that won't show in the game), and there will also be some other behind the scenes work.

And if people still complain about the $$ thing, we will stop accepting $$, live off our already existing cash reserves, continue developing the game, and then sell it to some big company for $$$. Of course, when that will happen you will see what dictature means, you will see a lot of banners and advertising in the game, and the company buying it might not even allow free accounts at all, or allow them with severe limitations.

i cant understand why everyone cries so much here they never like anything and they boycott everything..(ex. if you use a branch you a nubb/lame ..ect.ect.) this makes no sense.we should all just be happy that we get to be part of this games development and use the different items that are introduced into the game..Instead of complaining when something changes...things will always change Get used to it

liquid/mufossa etc try play this game w/o $ and u will find out soon

LOL @ u i dont even play with money OMG...and toomass gave you a top10 a/d with 2millon GC so why are u complaiing????????

True, there are a lot bitching in this forum. But I also noticed that you treat almost all negative opinions as kind of bitching. This game is beta so we are beta testers, you put new stuff in game - that's great, we all love when game is growing, but you cant except that everything perfectly good, most of things should be adjusted. And that's why we are here, who knows better how things work in game than people who acctually play this game every day. You created great game and we love it and we play it a lot. The biggest priority of game is to give us fun from playing it, but when new stuff take some fun from game then something is wrong here and probably should be adjusted or even removed. Keep in mind that all we want is to have fun from playing this game nothing more.

edit: typo

Edited by Desertus

True, there are a lot bitching in this forum. But I also noticed that you treat almost all negative opinions as kind of bitching. This game is beta so we are beta testers, you put new stuff in game - that's great, we all love when game is growing, but you cant except that everything perfectly good, most of things should be adjusted. And that's why we are here, who knows better how things work in game than people who acctually play this game every day. You created great game and we love it and we play it a lot. The biggest priority of game is to give us fun from playing it, but when new stuff take some from game then something is wrog here and probably should be adjusted or even removed. Keep in mind that all we want is to have fun from playing this game nothing more.

I decide what is bitching and what is not. If you don't like me deciding that, do not post here. If I need oppinions, I ask for them. If you don't like an item, don't use it. If you don't like the game, don't play it. If you don't like the game but have friends here, then take them with you in some other game.

Is that simple, or do you need additional clarification?

LOL @ u i dont even play with money OMG...and toomass gave you a top10 a/d with 2millon GC so why are u complaiing????????

Just to clarify Rumors... Due to a lot of fighting over EL in real life I gave mufossa my half of the account and do no business with him. He has not played with money in a very long time. Since then it's done wonders for our 21 year friendship. Also Pookies is his cousin not mine.

But I also noticed that you treat almost all negative opinions as kind of bitching.

there is bitching, and there is constructive criticism. You don't have to say things in a negative, nasty way. Be mature.

Having noticed the lengths you have gone to, Roja, to point out teh difference twixt bitching and constructive critique, and also having noted teh other general chat post re forum rulings and teh subsequent need to become tougher in enforcing those simple rules...I feel it necessary to bitch.

WTF is wrong with some of teh folks on here? I have looked back thru the forums to teh point where folks like these drove Radu off on a break from developing EL. And now they are in gross danger of doing it all over again simply coz teh game isnt teh way they want it to be?!?

Its high time they learned that it isnt just the game that changes and develops, its the community that plays it as well. And if they want to be a part of the outmoded and unimproved game they should get axed the same way and replaced by whatever means necessary.

Playing EL is a privilege, not a right. I have seen countless games out there that have vetting and waiting lists for beta testers. Being a beta tester is also something you can add to a resume/CV. And you treat it like YOU are the ones who are doing the developers a favour by pointing out that you think they are doing a lousy job?

If you can do a better job, go make your own damned game. This one is doing just fine and will not suffer by your departure.

If this post offends those whom I have made friends with, then perhaps I should apologise, but frankly this attitude towards the folks that make EL is something I find offensive in teh extreme and I dont hear a single one of you truly apologising for THAT.