Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Problems with the server migration

Guest stalag
i haven't been on all day so i didn't see the broadcast messages, my question is: how long will this server change take?

between 1 and 2 hours.

Guest Shimmering Angel

Good luck for the server change! :-)

Help I changed the server address now I can't get in I get this message when I try to log in Cant resolve server address. It did change the port to 200 when I changed the address. Please help me get back into this wonderfull game.

Thanks

ok game.eternal-lands.com is the port still 2000?

Usually, when I do not specify something, it means that the old values are not changed.

Usually :P Thanks Entropy.

i screwed this up pretty good some how... now whenever i open the game it says "can't resolve server address. Perhaps you are not connected to the internet or your DNS server is down!" weither its the new or old address, it dosent want to work. any ideas on what i did wrong? im using the mac client incase that changes anything. let me know =)

i screwed this up pretty good some how... now whenever i open the game it says "can't resolve server address. Perhaps you are not connected to the internet or your DNS server is down!" weither its the new or old address, it dosent want to work. any ideas on what i did wrong? im using the mac client incase that changes anything. let me know =)

Check your el.ini for:

#server_address=game.eternal-lands.com

#server_port=2000

the one in the el_osx packet is changed, and i noticed the linux instructions, so i changed the one in the .elc folder too but still not working =/

*edit* man i feel stupid... its astonishing what you will learn if you read the *read me* file that comes with the install....

for all mac users if you havent figured out the el.ini file is in ~/Library/Application Support/Eternal Lands/

Edited by Kahal

umm.... i think i did something wrong.... i changed the adress in that thing, but im not sure where to put the "el" thing that has the new adress and stuff, i accidently moved it i think because every time i try and launch el, it dosnt do anything.... can someone help me?

What i mean is, i moved the file that i put the new adress in, is it supposed to be in a specific folder/file in the eternal lands folder?

nvm i fixed it

Edited by Kill

A quick Windows guide:

1. Open explorer (windows icon+e)

2. Look under This computer and click on the folder named Eternal Lands.

3. Choose ONE of these 2 files;

el_files.png

and click on that file.

If you clicked on the file named el.ini, it will open in notepad (if not, select notepad from the list of "Open with...") search for:

Login settings:

#server_address = eternal-lands.network-studio.com
#server_port = 2000

and change it to:

Login settings:

#server_address = game.eternal-lands.com
#server_port = 2000

Save the file and you are done

If you clicked on the file named elconfig.exe, you will open a small program window, change the Host setting, as shown in the picture:

el_config.png

Click ok and you are done.

A quick Macintosh Guide:

1) Go to your home folder. This is typically Macintosh HD -> Users -> your_user_name

2) Go into the "Library" folder.

3) Go into the "Application Support" folder.

4) Go into the "Eternal Lands" folder (If you do not see this folder, reread steps 1 - 3)

5) Use a text editor of choice (I like TextWrangler, but TextEdit will do just fine) and open the el.ini file.

6) Change the server_address to game.eternal-lands.com, save, and close the file.

7) Start up el_osx and enjoy.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.