Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

Preparing for the server change

If everything goes well, we will move on the new server this Tuesday.

No client update will be necesary, however you will need to change the server address to game.eternal-lands.com

There are two ways of doing this:

1. Edit el.ini and replace the server address.

2. Use the configuration window inside the EL client.

You do NOT want to change the server address until Tuesday, when we announce it. However, if you never used notepad in your life (or some other text editor), and you are using Windows, you might want to give it a try now, and see if you can do it.

Close EL

Open Notepad (not wordpad, nor Word).

The open the file el.ini (it should be in the same folder where el.exe is)

Find the line: #server_address = eternal-lands.network-studio.com

It should be on the first page.

Now, replace it with #server_address = game.eternal-lands.com

Then save the file, and restart el.exe (this step should only be taken only when we move the server, not before, unless if you want to help us test the new server).

If you have any questions, or you are unable to follow those very simple instructions, please post here.

Guest Cody

No client update will be necesary, however you will need to change the server address to game.eternal-lands.com

You do NOT want to change the server address until Tuesday, when we announce it. However, if you never used notepad in your life (or some other text editor), and you are using Windows, you might want to give it a try now, and see if you can do it.

Close EL

Then save the file, and restart el.exe (this step should only be taken only when we move the server, not before, unless if you want to help us test the new server).

If you have any questions, or you are unable to follow those very simple instructions, please post here.

ok how do I open that file exactly?? :P

I suggest you guys take that Intro to Computers 101 class :P

Notepad is found in your Windows Start->Programs->Accessories

and it is a very basic text editor which you should all know about.

How do you open the file? In Notepad, go to the File menu, and click open, and find the file :P

Close EL

ok how do I open that file exactly?? :P

double click on el.ini should also work and open the notepad with this file. If not use [sTART]-[RUN] and type notepad to open the texteditor.

Thank you for information. Because of hardware firewall, i need to know servers IP address.. this is if you change it. Can you tell it here, please? If not, that's ok, there is other ways to find it too :)

Thank you for information. Because of hardware firewall, i need to know servers IP address.. this is if you change it. Can you tell it here, please? If not, that's ok, there is other ways to find it too :)

That's what I get:

;; ANSWER SECTION:
game.eternal-lands.com. 86339   IN	  A	   62.93.225.47

LINUX USERS

Linux users may want to note that the config is located in your home directory, under the .elc directory.

It also appears to have both Carriage Return, Line Feed and just Line Feed terminated lines so you might want to ensure your editor doesn't change this just in case - though I doubt it matters.

There is actually an el.ini file where I installed it to as (on my system anyway) which you won't have to worry about unless you've got multiple users playing the game I would think.

Regards,

Edited by Le Fallen

Guest Tarikhen

Note that using the EL config file in game will take effect only if you have the 'save ini' option selected, and then, only at the next client restart. If you change it in this manner before the server is swapped over, you will not be able to log in again to the current server unless you change the el.ini file to the old address.

Edited by Tarikhen

Note that using the EL config file in game will take effect only if you have the 'save ini' option selected, and then, only at the next client restart.
or next time you use #save (delibertely. the automatic one from trading doesn't count). if you edit, #save, and start the client again without even closing the first one, you can be on both servers at once
If you change it in this manner before the server is swapped over, you will not be able to log in again to the current server unless you change the el.ini file to the old address.
right. writing it down is handy, but if you don't, eternal-lands.solexine.fr Edited by ttlanhil

Hope new server will be w/o lags finally :D ..on this old one is hard to play really ping often at 800ms+

I lost 7rostogals in last 10 days by lags...i earned more gc than it cost but anyway it pissed me off.And problem isnt at me, i have 4mbit/s net and absolutely w/o lags on silkroad,rakion,cs etc..:(

I've saved the info. I need for the changeover, I just hope I don't mess it up. I've never had to change the server address before.

What time in GMT tomorrow do I need to change the address?

Lu

Hope new server will be w/o lags finally :D ..on this old one is hard to play really ping often at 800ms+

I lost 7rostogals in last 10 days by lags...i earned more gc than it cost but anyway it pissed me off.And problem isnt at me, i have 4mbit/s net and absolutely w/o lags on silkroad,rakion,cs etc..:(

Most of the lag is not due to the server, but probably due to some bad routers in between. So far, I never heard many complaints about unresonable lag. Where do you live anyway?

I've saved the info. I need for the changeover, I just hope I don't mess it up. I've never had to change the server address before.

What time in GMT tomorrow do I need to change the address?

Lu

No idea, but it will be during the afternoon/evening and will be announced at least 1 hour before it will happen.

The server downtime will be extensive tomorrow, at least 1 hour, possibly more.

I live in Czech Republic...some of my guildmates from Germany have same lags also..(funny is that after i posted about these lags have good ping till now :D ..it really depends one day 50ping and another 800..)

I'm guessing the new server will also be in France? (I might be wrong)

Is thats where the current server is?

I thought the main servers were in the US, then again I do remember the talk about the power outage becuase of the riots in France, I guess I wasnt thinking

only 0.5mb/s and never lag(unless i'm downloading)

Thats really fast compared to my .3 mbps

I wanted to buy T1 at 1.5mbps, but it cost 300 (USD) a month

Edited by The_Knight

I'm guessing the new server will also be in France? (I might be wrong)

Yes, in the very close proximity of the current server (same datacenter, same rack too I believe).

Is it going to be today when we get the new server?

If you EVER again ask a question that it has been responded in the very same thread, you will get banned for at the very least 1 month from the forum.