Eternal Lands Official Forums
SolarStar

A new Spell - The Spirit Dimention

A new Spell - The Spirit Dimention

The Idea:

The idea is that you can separate the "mind" from the "boddy“.

Why such a spell? :

Well, all spells (beside: tele and bones to gold) somehow help players with fighting and summoned

monsters in fighting. I want that this spell has certain limitations which means it is not for high level players but for newbies! (You will notice that is has almost no use at all for HL players...)

They can use it to discover dangerous places like pk-areas or maps with high-level monsters.

I think it would make the whole game experience more interesting.

And here is how it works:

When you cast the spell you leave your physical boddy behind and you can move freely in your „spirit boddy“ for a certain time (40 seconds). The spirit boddy is a copy which appears directly beside you and looks like a ghost. You may also compare it to a Phantom Worrior.

You see all aniamls, monsters and players on the map. But all the living things that surround you can not see you in your „spirit boddy“. Here are the limitations: You are not able to harvest flowers or ores nor fight nor can u see what other people speak local! Remember, you are a ghost, and ghosts can not interact with the surroundings. When your time is over, you return to your physical boddy.

What you need? :

Here is a possible combination for the Spirit Spell: Temporary Destroy Life Move Air Spirit

You also need the following essences :

Spirit Essence, Air Essence, Earth Essence, Magic Essence, Life Essence

(discuss about the amount later..)

Additional points:

You can prolong your stay in the „spirit dimention“ when you cast the spell one more time before your „time is over“. Something like a cooldown clock would be nice to know how much longer you wander in ghost shape. :) +++ You can only see and be seen by people that are in „spirit mode“. This has nothing to do with the invisibility spell. +++

Here is the negative Side:

The Essences are costly so it prevents overuse.

And you can die in your physical boddy when you become attacked. (You have no longer control over this boddy.)

... you leave your physical boddy behind ...

Additional points:

You can prolong your stay in the „spirit dimention“ when you cast the spell one more time before your „time is over“.

You can't cast a spell because you left your essences behind when you left your body... :)

Nice suggestion though!

Its similar but not the same. While being invisible you can still attack or be attacked by people who used true sight potion/spell, while in the "ghost form" you cant attack nor be attacked by any means (maybe only for other ghosts?).

Also, in ghost form you can are still visible, not that it helps much the people/monster who would attack you. :)

This idea comes from the belief or theory of the Astral plane and out-of-body-experiences (I know because someone tried to convert me).

Anyway this idea has some uses like scouting, exploring dangerous/guild maps. I guess you can't interact with the environment (use-with, harvest etc.) whilst in etheral/astral/spirit/ghost form because its not physical.

However its self defeating. If this idea wants to be used for newbies the sigils and the essence and the mana (I'm not counting magic level) would probably sound like a lot.

But it still wouldn't dampen the experience for me to toy with yet another new spell :) yay for magic

boddy

What you need? :

Here is a possible combination for the Spirit Spell: Temporary Destroy Life Move Air Spirit

Additional points:

You can only see and be seen by people that are in „spirit mode“.

• It's body :)
  • Way too hard for newbies... 6 sigils for a newbie who wants to check out a dangerous map?
  • How can I see other ghosts? They are seperate creatures. Not like there's a "ghost world"
  • Idea in general is good. Just needs some adjustments :)

Edited by Cyprom

Well, if you can change maps after using it, you can for instance, left your body at dp entrance of KF and enter kf to scout or explore it a bit...

Considering the low amount of development resources we have... I don't see how this really becomes a benefit to anyone.

You want short time exploration without taking chances? Sorry... but between MM and Invisibility potions, I just don't see enough benefits to make this practical.

Cool maybe... useful? No

And here is how it works:

You see all animals, monsters and players on the map.

So, there IS a use for low/medium lvl pk-ers who want to check out the entrance of pk-maps if it is safe to at least 'enter'

And there can also be a use for high lvl pk-ers who want to check if there enemies are in the map so they can decide wether they do or dont enter the map

I want that this spell has certain limitations which means it is not for high level players but for newbies! (You will notice that is has almost no use at all for HL players...)

If you want the pk-ers not to bnefit from it, what you state in your idea, you would have to change the idea that you cán see animals and monsters, but you cán't see people there where you are exploring.

BTW, the idea sounds good to me!!

And yes it needs tweeking in sigils and essences and such, to keep it for low level magicians :D