Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Infamous

new monster / changing d.chim stats

we listen to the whining every day in some format or another

Hmm.. the spawn problem is being reported for months, it was the issue of several topics and nobody did anything. I remember Entropy saying, in his blog, that he acknowledged the lack of spawns and made the yetis and giants to try to remedy that.

I almost fell of my chair, the response of to have way to few monsters at near 100 of att/def is to introduce ones at lvl 130, and nobody could fight them when they got introduced, after some months a handful people got able to fight them and its not a problem for those few lucky, but for the others its a nightmare to find a single monster to attack.

I still find it interesting that you all say how crappy it is to level yet the ones complaining about it have the highest levels.

Ye, i did the levels when actually it was fun to train on, when i could pvp nicely chatting with other people and having *monsters to fight*. What is the point of having a fighter char and dont have anything to fight?

I almost fell of my chair, the response of to have way to few monsters at near 100 of att/def is to introduce ones at lvl 130, and nobody could fight them when they got introduced, after some months a handful people got able to fight them and its not a problem for those few lucky, but for the others its a nightmare to find a single monster to attack.

Wasn't the idea of these to get people to work together?

Guest ohmygod

This stuff has been "suggested" heaps of times. I dont think its gunna change.

A/D is the only skill you get get less xp the higher your lvl.

It has taken 1000s of hours to get the lvls lorck and others havet.

Spending 1000's more hours training on the same monster is the reality they face if they want to keep training their a/d efficienty.

I comment on your Harvesting because i am impressed. you obviously work hard on this skill.

Wasn't the idea of these to get people to work together?

Ye, maybe thats why some of those spawns are in non-multi maps. </sarcasm>

--

Besides, 2 people fighting the same monsters give riduculously low exp (EL have a system which reward block/hit, not kill, as many other mmorpgs... so bosses, monster with hugh stats to many people to train, is not a good idea exp wise in EL).

And yes exp is an important thing, the drops are also important (and also not a thing to have at the levels on discussion, around 100 of a/d where you need to actually harvest to pay your training), but dont say "omfg!! you kill monsters for the exp, you arent a true roleplayer!".

About omg comment: yes, it have being discussed tons of times, nothing changed or showed signs that its going to change. But there are still hope .

A/D is the only skill you get get less xp the higher your lvl.

It's also the only skill you can make over a million exp in per day. Look at the difference in the top 50 a/d levels and the top 50 summoning levels. At those levels, thats a LOT of exp.

You also lose the exp only if you continue to level on the same creature and don't move up. You can also pvp and you can also move up to other creatures. If there is a big gap between fluffy and yeti for example, you have the option to pvp until you can handle the yeti.

Attack and Defense are the only skills that have that luxury.

Every other skill has fail rates or failed spells or recommended levels...cost of supplies and the need to do several other skills as prep work for what they want to make/summon/craft/whatever. They can't go do something else to make up those differences, they are stuck with them.

Once again, there is that word, 'train', what exactly are you training for? Just to complain you cant level any more again?

Anyways, thats my 2 cents, in the hope of making the game more hard and therefore more fun for people in high levels, they are making it barely unplayable (if i cant even train or pk decently, something is very very wrong).

Pretty impressive stats for not being able play decently O.o

You just prove my point, a/d is so out of balance already with the rest of the game, yet you want to be able to level even faster?

no it's not mainly about lvl'ing faster.. it's about enjoying training more, i trained for months already on fluffy's trying to get to the part where i can train on desert chims.. but no i have several more months to go on same old boring fluffy..

why i suggested this is to bring a little bit more variety to the training part..

No, i dont want to level faster. I want to have fun leveling, unfortunetly i cant, currently, for the reasons described above.

This is a MMORPG. It is not strictly about leveling, and not everything that is implemented here will be for that purpose. If you only want to level, maybe this is not the type of game for you.

then were is the RP part? i don't find quests where i can be a skilled warrior trying to save a village or w/e

the only RP'ing is at start were you get an explanation that you fell off a spaceship.. and some RP'ing events with people doing things like *grabs a beer* -.-

Once again, there is that word, 'train', what exactly are you training for? Just to complain you cant level any more again?

To get stronger so you can own more players in pk? But be honest what can we do in this game except leveling? :P

You have to realize that some facts are deliberate. There is no given "ladder" for any skill and fighting is by far the easiest skill to level up as it is.

I understand the issues, and predicaments, but that doesn't have to mean I must agree with them all.

The purpose of having monsters in the game is not for players to regard them as "stairmasters" in a gym. They are not training machines. They are monsters that add flavor to a fantasy world.

Training is not a proper term to use when monsters are concerned. You fight monsters that threaten the world (and such explanations).

So enjoy the game, and maybe rethink this "I can't train on..." thing.

Explore the wonderful world of Draia, and maybe you will find something new and interesting.

Every other skill has fail rates or failed spells or recommended levels...cost of supplies and the need to do several other skills as prep work for what they want to make/summon/craft/whatever.

Ok, try to go fight some monsters without potions, essences, rings, armor... etc, and come back here and say that fighters dont need supplies.

Finally, since you talked about the other skills, those you can use and be happy whenever you want. A/D you need to go around, trying to find something to fight (and usually dont find any, cuz simply aren't).

Once again, there is that word, 'train'

Yes, and in the real history and all fantasy worlds fighters dont train their skills to get better and fight stuff harder... Hmm, but they do..

EDIT:

You fight monsters that threaten the world

Some simply dont. Like desert chims, who are only 3 trying to threat 60 people with their strenght, willing to destroy them.

Explore the wonderful world of Draia, and maybe you will find something new and interesting.

Wonderful, but without monsters. :P

Edited by Lorck

Forest/Mountain chims give nice exp but you need huge coord,def level and expensive stuff like steel plates,col. Then training on them can be profitable.

Well i chose exp not collection of stuff.

But i agree with ppl about d.chims.

Guest ohmygod

stop posting here and finish OL so we can kick the crap out of your bots :P

I written my first post in this thread in the hope that something could go better.

While i trully cant understand that "few monsters == good thing" theory, making the fighters bored and making few things for them to strive for (and also hurting the economic chain on EL, since you dont have something to fight, you dont spend gc), i respect it.

There are also other things that the game needs, like more quests, visual effects for spells, a ranged combat system, etc, but imho, to have something to fight is the most basic thing.

Since our answer is no, and those who play the game will need to stay forever with very very few monsters to fight, this thread can be closed and we can stop discussing and do something that we actually like. :P

is it really THAT hard to put some more spawns in the game?

or change their strength?

i mean 100~ people train on 20~ fluffy spawns

and 20? on 3 D.chim spawns,

i mean... you are VERY lucky if you can find a fluffy/chim spawn free this way

maybe make new monsters(fluffy rat:P) between fluff and desert chim

The maps in EL are quite small to put like 5 fluffies in each map and some other places for other monsters etc... :P

(Didn't read full topic, skipped some of the last replies.)

There one thing you got wrong, though. Like you are saying HC, Fluffy to Yeti is hard.

1. If it is easy as 1+1 = 2 and there is no challenge you wouldn't be playing, so maybe it was supposed to be a bit hard for us?

2. Yeti WERE NOT designed to be killed by 1 person, but for 4 people of 80s a/d to gang up on and show some teamwork.

I don't get why all of you complain. I sometimes hate that it takes me ages to level up.. But you know what? I found out that if I train hard enough, I get a/d/oa in like.. 2-3 days atm and I'm in my mid 90s.

As for your comment about the Desert Chimeran, maybe a slight change should be made. I can take 3 of them easy without CoL but with serp. But need 3 restores to box one down in full titanium plate, no CoL off course.

And maybe they weren't supposed to give more exp/hour then Fluffy, but Entropy and Learner thought you'd be happy with the same exp and better drops?

In any way, even if its same exp, I wouldn't mind to go train on Desert Chims instead and get some better drops then Fluffy gives me.

And the higher respawn time also isn't a problem ... I mean, internet isn't only used for EL, you know? There's plenty of forums and other stuff on the internet for you to see while waiting for the damn thing to respawn. :P

-Blee

Well drops from DC arent really better (ELE and Greater Healing pots).

They give same xp per hour as Fluff but cost more (HE / SRS / mana pots).

This means most ppl rather train of Fluff than DC.....IMO this should change....the 110+ A/D ppl need a monster they can train on and get decent xp per hour.

To comment about BleedingSoul's post:

1-Challange and hardness is one thing, being unable to fight cuz you cant find something to fight is another;

2-Ok, why there are yetis on non-multi maps?

And maybe they weren't supposed to give more exp/hour then Fluffy, but Entropy and Learner thought you'd be happy with the same exp and better drops?

They dont give more drops than fluffs, considering the resources you spend fighting them, you actually gain less stuff training on them, and the exp on dchims is only slightly better.

In any way, even if its same exp, I wouldn't mind to go train on Desert Chims instead and get some better drops then Fluffy gives me.

If you will change monster cuz of drops, you will be losing your time (read above). Also, spawn of fluff is very hard to get, spawn of dchim is nearly impossible.

And the higher respawn time also isn't a problem

Well, if you like to actually fight the monsters, it would buggy you a bit to wait them respawn.

Lorck, dont worry about Bleedingsoul comments, he said himself, he is in the middle of 90's, so fast and cheap exp for him for ~15 a/d lvls. I wonder how his opinion change when he will have 2 go to dcw :)

btw, sorry 4 off-topic, altrought i like BS, i couldnt resist 2 reply, my bad :P

PS. I was lucky, i made most of my lvls when training was cheaper :)

eMPi

My stats: (only have privacy on because of the buddy list issue). Your point? Because I am not in top 100 in a/d but am in harvesting I know absolutely nothing about anything? O.o We all get the points, we listen to the whining every day in some format or another. I still find it interesting that you all say how crappy it is to level yet the ones complaining about it have the highest levels.

Attack: 81

Defense: 79

Harvest: 93

Alchemy: 70

Magic: 49

Potion: 20

Summoning: 13

Manufacturing: 20

Crafting: 20

Overall: 109

Hey you wanna pvp? :):P

I still find it interesting that you all say how crappy it is to level yet the ones complaining about it have the highest levels.

Isn't that logic in a way? The highest level people spended hours and hours in this game so they are the first who get bored and go complaining. If the game is evolving slower than the players grow in the game the top of the players will get bored fast.

Edited by Cycloonx

The maps in EL are quite small to put like 5 fluffies in each map and some other places for other monsters etc... :P

Adding some spawns isn't so big problem. For example 1 DC spawn to SKF and 2 to TD...

Would that ruin whole map? :P

could make 2 in TD (if there isn't enough room then you could remove an ogre or cyc)

the game isn't evolving slowly BUT lacks in-game knowlegde..

things get changed with the thought "this might be good" but they don't see how it works out in-game.

example aislinn saying the ones who complain got the highest lvls.. that's cause we face the the d.chim problem every day and the non higher lvl'ed people don't.

huge gap between fluffy and yeti why not fill it up by giving d.chim slighty better a/d so it gives more exp.

the problem is solved then, no more complaining.. if you denie the problem more and more people will complain eventually..

Edited by Hardcore

The mines in bethel are empty, no monster, and no miners go there cuz its too far from any sto. Perfect place for DC's, if you ask me.