Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Infamous

new monster / changing d.chim stats

oi atm there is a bit of a problem concerning training on d.chim..

they give low exp compared to fluffy and respawn less quick.

so atm (on advise from pro trainer :o) i (and prolly everyone else) needs to go from fluffy to yeti.. making desert chim / forest chim / arctic chim / mountain chim nearly useless.

85 a/d you can start fluffy and 120's a/d + cutlass you can train yeti's.

as you see you need to train 45 a/d lvls to go from fluff to yeti, that's alot of work (months/year?)

so it would be cool if d.chim respawn time or amount exp given got changed.

or do something with forest chim i dunno but atleast make it so we don't have to spend months on 1 monster -.-

The exp given is based on the monsters stats, just like PvP is. Monsters aren't here just for you to train on, go fight something else maybe?

jup true

why not just change their stats a bit so it gives more exp?

desert chim and all other chims are basicly just eye candy atm since you can't train on em.

and it's easy to say fight something else but that ain't solving the problem

btw cycloon get lost you don't play anymore so all this doesn't concern you gg

Edited by Hardcore

yep I agree 100% with this

Des Chim hit harder, break more stuff, have slower respawn, and only give like 10 more exp each hit/block. Any person who levels there character "normally", without training in tit plate and col, taking all phys, etc., knows that fluff is a much better training monster that des chim. (Not the mention the fact there is 3 d chim spawns, about 25-30 fluff) system needs to be changed a bit for these, maybe give them 120 a/d and low p/c?

and learner, you don't *play* the game so maybe you don't realize, to see this stastics you must have experienced it yourself. ask any player on top 100 a/d i can almost gaurentee they will say fluff to des chim to yeti transition is not well designed atm

edit: I started training fluff at high 70s att, I will probably still be on them 30 att levels later. what other monster is like this? Even ogre which people train for a while only is like 15-20 a/d

Edited by Atlantis

just a thought... maybe at some point the game is just not designed for training ? monsters you'll have to kill for challenge/drops and not exp ?

or somehow an obligation to pvp. :D

i dont think u understood my post, the point is des chim is not a very useful creature for training compared to ones below it. as for obligation to pvp, i will assure you, the top player did not make 134 attack of pvp, you need monsters :D

u can make it just as easy to kill for people who do whatever besides train with monster, but make it give exp and have faster respawn so it is more useful to those that want to train

i agree with that only 3 spawns is a bit unlucky for desert chimerans. for their xp they give ~280k/h when you start them and you are done with then o ~200k xp per hour. imho thats pretty what you can make on fluffies with the chance for better drops. and afaik the top player in attack made most of her attack lvls on desert chimerans.

and learner, you don't *play* the game so maybe you don't realize, to see this stastics you must have experienced it yourself. ask any player on top 100 a/d i can almost gaurentee they will say fluff to des chim to yeti transition is not well designed atm

I don't think YOU understand HIS post :blink:

The exp given is based on the monsters stats, just like PvP is. Monsters aren't here just for you to train on, go fight something else maybe?

he say's we should fight something else..

qtf? reason why d.chim f.chim were implemented were to make the gap between fluffy and mountain chim smaller.. but with chims current stats you still need to train fluffy because they give more exp.

btw whole top 100 is on fluffs 100 people on 15 fluff spawns most can do 5+ hours on 1 spawn so you need to be lucky to get a spawn

Monsters aren't here just for you to train on, go fight something else maybe?

if they aren't for us to train on what purpose do they have then? eye candy?

all were asking is to make d.chim a bit stronger so it gives more exp (and maybe make more d.chim spawns) is that too much to ask?

we test this game since it's still in Beta we make a suggestion to make the game better and all we get is "aren't just for you to train on" if you aren't willing to listen to suggestions to make the game better then what's the purpose of Beta stage?

First of all, you miss the point of suggestions. Just because you suggest, doesn't mean it will automatically happen. Just because one group of players wants something, doesn't mean it will automatically happen.

The purpose of suggestions is to see if out of the hundreds and thousands of ideas put forth, anything sounds interesting to consider and try. If the game creators/devs don't like your idea, or it would take the game in a totally different direction than they want, it won't happen, no matter how loudly you yell and how many times you start a new thread on it.

The point of beta and testing is to see if something works as we think it will, and if it affects gameplay as we hope it will.

Not everything is about fast and furious leveling. Some things WILL be eye candy. Some things will be slowed down so mass production is stopped. Some things WILL be deliberately difficult to get to and make. Some things WILL have other purposes in this game other than to level your a/d even faster than it levels now. And don't make assumptions about why certain things ARE put in the game.

And make sure you know what you are talking about before you open your mouth. Just because somebody isn't in the top 100 a/d doesn't mean they don't play the game or know it's mechanics.

i know what i'm talking about.. i'm experiencing it every time i play.

Just because somebody isn't in the top 100 a/d doesn't mean they don't play the game or know it's mechanics.

well those people may know the mechanics but aren't experiencing it first hand.. you may assume something is good or bad but you don't actually get to experience it.

Some things WILL be deliberately difficult to get to and make

how much harder are you guy's intending to make it?

*it's hard to get gc and once you have it it needs to be spend again

*lack of spawns

*switching from fluffy to yeti is hard

*pk is hard against BoD's

there might be more i forgot to mention, but it would be nice if easy/hard would get more balanced instead of making things more difficult or even more hard every update.

as i said you might know the mechanics but you don't actually get to experience how hard it actually is.

For some time i dont log in EL. I used to play it a lot, and liked to fight and train my char.

But, nowadays, if i want to train pvp, i need to go to a very hidden place to not take a harm for someone invisible and die, so you go alone with your partner and after 15 mins of training you are bored as hell. It used to be fun to train with a lot of friends near and chat while training, unfortunately its not possible anymore.

If i want to stay a bit on pk, i have 2 options, either i go with good armor and people with branch break my stuff or i go with very crappy armor and get owned. And there are the fact that very few people go into pk, so the chances of i have a good fight is very low.

If i want to train on monsters, i have the problems described above: blatant lack of spawns (and the devs know it, and its being for some time and they dont made a thing to at least remedy the issue) and unsuitable monsters for your combat level (this is the topic).

In the last days of playing, i used to ran around the spawns and after like 30 mins of searching i found one, then i need to go afk for 5 mins and my spawn had "another ruler".

Anyways, thats my 2 cents, in the hope of making the game more hard and therefore more fun for people in high levels, they are making it barely unplayable (if i cant even train or pk decently, something is very very wrong).

Anyways, thats my 2 cents, in the hope of making the game more hard and therefore more fun for people in high levels, they are making it barely unplayable (if i cant even train or pk decently, something is very very wrong).

Pretty impressive stats for not being able play decently O.o

You just prove my point, a/d is so out of balance already with the rest of the game, yet you want to be able to level even faster?

No, i dont want to level faster. I want to have fun leveling, unfortunetly i cant, currently, for the reasons described above.

This is a MMORPG. It is not strictly about leveling, and not everything that is implemented here will be for that purpose. If you only want to level, maybe this is not the type of game for you.

No, i dont want to level faster. I want to have fun leveling, unfortunetly i cant, currently, for the reasons described above.

This is a MMORPG. It is not strictly about leveling, and not everything that is implemented here will be for that purpose. If you only want to level, maybe this is not the type of game for you.

Point is that if we would happen to want level and not just chat, it shouldn't be boring grinding that uses all your gc.

Why cannot leveling be fun, even if the game isn't just about leveling? :(

Edited by ville-v

READ what he said...everything might not be about leveling but lets make leveling fun, not annoying

Yup, thats the reason i dont play it.

Dont get me wrong, i like to roleplay, etc, i have a lvl 33 wizard and 22 paladin in a D&D party who plays for 2 years togheter... i tried to go in the roleplaying events in EL, and there was just people talking with little or 0 action... so that was not for me, so i dont gone there anymore.

I cant understand the reason why there are 15+ spawns of Yeti for a handuful of players able to fight them and 3 spawns of d.chim with 60+ people able to fight them.

But, then again, since i cant play the way i like, there are few reasons to play, so i dont. :(

Edited by Lorck

I think the wrong questions are being asked. We get an awful lot of suggestions for making levelling easier, faster, simpler, more enjoyable.

But what do you want to do with your levels once you've got them?

Edited by trollson

Guest ohmygod

You just prove my point, a/d is so out of balance already with the rest of the game, yet you want to be able to level even faster?

you are ace harvester :( pretty impresive

Guest stalag

All top 50 a/d are here for the leveling i think. Some wanna only level for the fun of it like baddude , az falcon , the voice , panzerf, andy_c etc and the others mainly for pk.

If this isnt about fast leveling its ok, i would suggest a cap level then...say a/d at 135 or 140 stop. I would like that btw :(

I would say pk... but pk is not exactly the fun it used to be.

Anyways, i liked to get the levels for the fun of getting it, not for some major goal. Thats why i always thought its pointless to buy chars, to train on your on is part of the fun, imho.

IMHO, getting profit while training skill would be part of fun, even if it was slower to level up in. Currently in EL you just cannot get profit and level at the same time. :(

Harvesting is only skill that makes getting profit possible, even in productive skills NPCs pay more for raw materials than players usually pay for final products. Getting profit would with fighting would mean you should never pk, and you should grind low level monsters that give you almost nothing exp.

That also means that nobody can only focus to skill they would like most. If they aren't spending USD for it, they always has to harvest and/or make low level essences :wacko:

Edited by ville-v

you are ace harvester :( pretty impresive

My stats: (only have privacy on because of the buddy list issue). Your point? Because I am not in top 100 in a/d but am in harvesting I know absolutely nothing about anything? O.o We all get the points, we listen to the whining every day in some format or another. I still find it interesting that you all say how crappy it is to level yet the ones complaining about it have the highest levels.

Attack: 81

Defense: 79

Harvest: 93

Alchemy: 70

Magic: 49

Potion: 20

Summoning: 13

Manufacturing: 20

Crafting: 20

Overall: 109