Eternal Lands Official Forums
Grozni

Anti-break potion

I think ttlanhil (AFAIR) had the best suggestion for all this a while ago:

Change the death bag split to 40% keep / 40% dropped / 20% destroyed

:blink:

yes, that was me, though the numbers usually changed now and then (the careful guy perk can still apply to the 3-way split, making you more likely to keep items). also, I don't think items should be destroyed, but rather, damaged... for most items that means no change, but some of them will be left in the bag in a degraded form (oops, you dropped it, and it broke)

How would rostogol work with this?

More items kept, smaller amount dropped, much less degraded, none destroyed?

There was already a lot of discussioning about branch, a lot of unhappy people cause of that weapon :wacko:

...we all know that, so lets go back to topic to make something of this plz :(

I get the feeling that potions are more for effects INTERNAL to the drinker of the potion.

Yes thats true, so if still goes under the potioning, lets call it spray :) or just make only spell.

But I really think that something like that:

1. would make fight more interesting (one more thing to think about in fight :) )

2. would stop all argue about brod...

I get the feeling that potions are more for effects INTERNAL to the drinker of the potion.

it's a fantasy game, use imagination

when mario ate a toadstool and got big did we complain?

it's a fantasy game, use imagination

If we have a chance to do it right though... does it cost us that much? I didn't trash the idea... just suggested another method of implementation

One ros to be carried per (stacked) item would work, this gives you a guarantee of not leaving it in DB if you die. The chance of items being broken on teh trip to hell should NOT be affected by carrying ros for those items though. Ros hath no Curey for teh Hell Spawned.

(feel free to groan)

I think ttlanhil (AFAIR) had the best suggestion for all this a while ago:

Change the death bag split to 40% keep / 40% dropped / 20% destroyed

:)

yes, that was me, though the numbers usually changed now and then (the careful guy perk can still apply to the 3-way split, making you more likely to keep items). also, I don't think items should be destroyed, but rather, damaged... for most items that means no change, but some of them will be left in the bag in a degraded form (oops, you dropped it, and it broke)

You are correct -- the three way split would shift in favor of item retention; say 80/13/7 split (actual numbers would have to be determined).

Yes, if BrDs are able to do that, it would increase the spoils of victory..but only for those that choose to maliciously break other people's items. there is like o.O 3-4 people that would most likely profit from this and the mass other fighters/trainers would most likely leave el or retire untill something can somewhat effectivly combat the BrD which i doubt will happen anytime soon.

jup donpedro already left cuz of branch other people don't enter pk so much anymore, if it continues like this no1 will enter pk anymore and it would get pretty boring then...

I agree

I do 1-2 PK rounds every day and PK maps are getting emptier and emptier :/ Why? i think its cuz PK costs a lot but gives almost no gain...you rarely get drops (unless you hunt pvpers) and just burn ess and pots.

I suggest rosto should only protect the items you wear (armour / cloak / sword / col) but not the items in inventory.....those inventory items should be dropable like you dont have rost.

As for Branch....an example from yesterday:

We managed to kill Mufo yesterday 2 x in KF...it took 3-4 ppl but alas...we got him :)

He gets pissed....so what does he do?...he comes back with Branch cuz he cant win....result? PK map (KF) is empty immediately.......

Ambros.

top A/D player uses branch -> Lame.

there should DEFINETLY be something to stop it from breaking your stuff

if it isn't gonna be a potion then make it a medal or something

We don't need a counter to BRoD, we need to get rid of BRoD and find a more effective way to keep rare items rare, preferably without everyone calling you a noob because you're using it... BRoD obviously isn't doing the job right... =/

why cant we have an idea of equipped items are kept no matter what u r doing and the only things u lose are the things in ur inv but with a certian chance of losing those two this would help to get more people into pk maps