Eternal Lands Official Forums
Grozni

Anti-break potion

When fighting in expensive stuff, its bad when you break something. There was already a lot of discussioning about branch, a lot of unhappy people cause of that weapon :)

So lets clear the problems with potion which gives protection from breaking things (just like NoBreakDay). Pot needs to be expensive, like 1000gc if gives 5mins of protection or 200gc for 1min, cause its really worth. It can be used in ordinary fight, but when u see branch its better to have one with you.

I already see ads on market channel: :)

Selling best anti - corrosion potion...

It also can be applied to spell with same effect (low lvl mag, but a lot of esses)

Any ideas? :)

Hmmm, not bad idea, but. Lets see, it would be used when u see some1 with brod, auror give good example. It would be better to put some anti-brod potion or spell :)

I like the idea very much, esspecialy for PK, high level players won't need to diss and run from low level branch noobs :). It should be expensive enough to use for training but not expensive to use for PK. It would come handy if someone wants to try a high level monster too without fear of braking stuff.

Again, the price of the potion/spell should be well balanced.

Edited by wexy

i hate to be the one to say this, but on No Break Day the branch can still break peoples items... sucks :>

I didn know this :D

And basic idea wasnt to make only anti-branch pot...

Anyhow, it has to be really expensive, something like 1k for 1min, and that it works also against branch!!!

I get the feeling that potions are more for effects INTERNAL to the drinker of the potion.

To effect things extermal (armor, weapons) I would think you'd need an external item (NMT cloak, medallion, ring, perhaps modified/magical piece of armor ("Steel Helm of NMT")).

To effect things extermal (armor, weapons) I would think you'd need an external item (NMT cloak, medallion, ring, perhaps modified/magical piece of armor ("Steel Helm of NMT")).

But the problem is that NMT doesn't affect whith branch, and even breaks by it :P

I'll agree with Ghrae: A potion affects the individual, not their possessions.

For a counter to the Branch of Destruction, the Magic Termite Shield was imaginative, a good match to its role, and nicely balanced; increased protection from BrD in exchange for a wooden shield with a high breakage rate.

I don't know if this is already the case, but it would be interesting if the Branch of Destruction destroyed Rostogol Stones before other items (or the RS sacrificed itself to a BrD hit). BrDs countering RSs to increase the spoils of victory.

Yes, if BrDs are able to do that, it would increase the spoils of victory..but only for those that choose to maliciously break other people's items. there is like o.O 3-4 people that would most likely profit from this and the mass other fighters/trainers would most likely leave el or retire untill something can somewhat effectivly combat the BrD which i doubt will happen anytime soon.

...maliciously break other people's items.

So trying to kill somebody and take their possessions is acceptable, but deliberately breaking their items is malicious? :blink:

So trying to kill somebody and take their possessions is acceptable, but deliberately breaking their items is malicious? :blink:

"If it ain't mine, it will be nobody's!!"... that's why almost everyone thinks BRoD is just sick

I will explain it on example:

U work all week 10h/day to buy urself tit pl8 set+col+ cutlass. U r happy, cous now u finally stand a chance against ppl with unlimited resources, so u enter pk map and fight vs them.

Some1 who see that u finally can beat him, uses branch on u, which makes u loose all ur equip very fast, few minutes of fight would be enough 2 destroy all ur stuff.

If u would "only" die, u would loose rosto, which is ~15kgc. Still, u can flee/diss+tele from ur opponent when u r near death, so u wont die easly/often.

If u face a Brancher in combat, u r unable 2 fight, if u r lucky, u will diss+tele before he breaks ur stuff, but he can brake ur armor even on 1st hit.

So yes, its very gay 2 use branch. If u ask me, maybe someday i will use it, but only on ppl who used it on me before, and have like 10m gc in their storage( eL shoppers :D

I hope i explained a little :P

Ty 4 ur attention

eMPi

I will explain it on example:

U work all week 10h/day to buy urself tit pl8 set+col+ cutlass. U r happy, cous now u finally stand a chance against ppl with unlimited resources, so u enter pk map and fight vs them.

Some1 who see that u finally can beat him, uses branch on u, which makes u loose all ur equip very fast, few minutes of fight would be enough 2 destroy all ur stuff.

If u would "only" die, u would loose rosto, which is ~15kgc. Still, u can flee/diss+tele from ur opponent when u r near death, so u wont die easly/often.

If u face a Brancher in combat, u r unable 2 fight, if u r lucky, u will diss+tele before he breaks ur stuff, but he can brake ur armor even on 1st hit.

So yes, its very gay 2 use branch. If u ask me, maybe someday i will use it, but only on ppl who used it on me before, and have like 10m gc in their storage( eL shoppers :D

I hope i explained a little :P

Ty 4 ur attention

eMPi

my way of thinking too :(

well explained mp :)

"If it ain't mine, it will be nobody's!!"... that's why almost everyone thinks BRoD is just sick

Or

• "If I'm going down its going to cost you."
  • "If I break some of your gear, you can't continue using it on me."
  • "You've got a Rostogol Stone anyway, so its the only way I can cause you perminant hurt."

Combat in this game has very little consequences already; dying is little more than an inconvenience. This has been discussed at length in the past.

I think ttlanhil (AFAIR) had the best suggestion for all this a while ago:

Change the death bag split to 40% keep / 40% dropped / 20% destroyed (taken as passage to the underworld).
[1]

Equipment loss is then part of the norm of combat, and Branch of Destruction becomes just a tactical tool. Plus it gets interesting in that you don't know what was in your death bag if you get back to it -- was your sword lost or did whoever recover your db pinch it? Now that gets interesting...

[1] I'd also suggest using binomial pseudo-random number generator to split stacks of items, rather that treating each stack as a single entity.

I think ttlanhil (AFAIR) had the best suggestion for all this a while ago:

Change the death bag split to 40% keep / 40% dropped / 20% destroyed

:blink:

yes, that was me, though the numbers usually changed now and then (the careful guy perk can still apply to the 3-way split, making you more likely to keep items). also, I don't think items should be destroyed, but rather, damaged... for most items that means no change, but some of them will be left in the bag in a degraded form (oops, you dropped it, and it broke)

one of the problems(or possibly advantages, depending on viewpoint) with this idea, however, is the accusations and suspicion... "did you find my db?" "yeah, here's the stuff in it: ..." "what about the one really expensive item that I want back more than the rest?" "well, no, that wasn't there... maybe it broke?"

this idea removes some items from the game, same as the branch, but it's a bit harder for people to complain (don't wanna lose stuff? then don't die)... it would likely remove a lot more items than the occasional branch-user as well, at all levels of equipment

Edited by ttlanhil

Guest stalag

:blink:

pk maps are always empty and some people insist in making them more empty.

Combat in this game has very little consequences already; dying is little more than an inconvenience.

15k per die seems a lot to most fighters. If harvesters fought they prolly would think different :D They are the first to complain when they are attacked in pk already...

No one goes well equiped to fight without rostogol or if they see a branch user...if the ideia is remove ppl from pk maps then its going in the right direction, if is to bring more ppl to pk maps then the direction taken is wrong.

Yes, if BrDs are able to do that, it would increase the spoils of victory..but only for those that choose to maliciously break other people's items. there is like o.O 3-4 people that would most likely profit from this and the mass other fighters/trainers would most likely leave el or retire untill something can somewhat effectivly combat the BrD which i doubt will happen anytime soon.

jup donpedro already left cuz of branch other people don't enter pk so much anymore, if it continues like this no1 will enter pk anymore and it would get pretty boring then...