Eternal Lands Official Forums
helga

*Halloween*

I know Halloween is still a good month away.. but hey..

this gives u time to think about your costumes!

I know *I* am thinking bout the party i'm gonna throw \o/

anywho, anyone know what they're gonna be?

i want some AWESOME pics of GREAT all hollows eve costumes!

i saw some REALLY funny ones in a catalog yesterday was it?

i'm might hafta post those pics.. cuz oh.. *cracked me Up*

*HAPPY TALK LIKE A PIRATE DAY TOO*

Full Moon, Circle, Big fire!!

The way it shpould be for those that understand

Good times for all

almost time for the annual guild DAO witchburning/animal sacrifice/BBQ!

and no FB you cant come as guest and be the goat holder this year... last year it took us 3 days to find you 2 in that cheap motel and that goat aint been right since then :D

almost time for the annual guild DAO witchburning/animal sacrifice/BBQ!

and no FB you cant come as guest and be the goat holder this year... last year it took us 3 days to find you 2 in that cheap motel and that goat aint been right since then :D

*CRACKS UP* well i have yet to notice a goat in the game- but when i see one that is hobbling around and seems to be in pain- i'll PM one of ya'll right away!

Trick or Treating for me :D

I don't need to dress up to be scary. :>

-Blee

P.S. We don't do anything for halloween. Its not celebrated here.

"theorically" no halloween here. we have other things.

but basically, mcdonald's brought it there about 10 years ago for marketing reasons. <_<

so, we're invaded, and no one knows what it's about here, except making money, mass producing silly orange and black things and... nothing else, in fact. ^_^

There was someone dressed as a pirate today at my school. It was pretty sweet.

Maybe I should be this again for Halloween this year:

robot.jpg

LMAO!!! sooo sooooo sorry tanyia- i just laughed so hard at that pic that the people in my house told me to STFU- anyway *Too Cute* did u do "the robot" all night? :)

i don't have any halloween pics cept these:

i was the RED one :)

>clickety<

and >clickety again<

did u do "the robot" all night? ;)

Nope, but my husband and I *did* do the robot for our final dance at our wedding...xD

LOL

now that is original!!!

^^!!

My house is ALWAYS the best house to go to at Halloween!

I have speakers hidden in bushes, with some screams and, ah killing sounds...along with screeching doors...yeh

and i have lights as well as the original tombstones : )

last year i had half of a body sticking out of the ground, lol

that was great...

I :):) Halloween

im going to be 8 foor tall this year, i found some 2 foot tall boots at the theatre im working at that im going to borrow, havent figured out the rest of the costume.

Some ones going to kill me for this, but how was it all originaly started like what do you celerbrate and why.

from wikipedia:

Origin: Celtic observation of Samhain

According to what can be reconstructed of the beliefs of the ancient Celts, the bright half of the year ended around November 1 or on a Moon-phase near that date, a day referred to in modern Gaelic as Samhain ("Sow-in" or alternatively "Sa-ven", meaning: End of the Summer). After the adoption of the Roman calendar with its fixed months, the date began to be celebrated independently of the Moon's phases.

As October 31st is the last day of the bright half of the year, the next day also meant the beginning of Winter, which the Celts often associated with human death. The Celts also believed that on October 31, the boundary separating the dead from the living became blurred. (There is a rich and unusual myth system at work here; the spirit world, the residence of the "Sidhe," as well as of the dead, was accessible through burial mounds. These mounds opened at two times during the year, making the beginning and end of Summer highly spiritually resonant.)

The Celts' survival during the cold harsh winters, depended on the prophecies of their priests or Druids. They believed that the presence of spirits would aid in the priests' abilities to make future predictions.

The exact customs observed in each Celtic region differ, but they generally involved the lighting of bonfires and the reinforcement of boundaries, across which malicious spirits might cross and threaten the community.

Like most observances around this season, warmth and comfort were emphasized, indulgence was not. Stores of preserved food were needed to last through the winter, not for parties.

ok, here's what i am going as...last and final decision!

rawr

Edited by kat