Eternal Lands Official Forums
Visvate

server down?

ok i have nasty feeling in my gut of database wipe or i'm gonna lose 15 a/d lvl's and about 100k's worth of animal items that i've colloected this week for summoning :ph34r:

Considering the server is down, it wont be able to A) get a list of people online and :P export that list. So what you're seeing on the site is the last list of people online before the server went caput!

What I'm finding scary is that if i try to look at my stats it says i'm in privacy mode... and it's not saying that for everyone... i have privacy off, but i didn't a few weeks ago... I hope the server isn't being restored from some weeks old backup :ph34r:

ok i have nasty feeling in my gut of database wipe or i'm gonna lose 15 a/d lvl's and about 100k's worth of animal items that i've colloected this week for summoning :ph34r:

I very much doubt that, given the server had time to see that something bad happened and was able to execute a controlled shutdown.

I very much doubt that, given the server had time to see that something bad happened and was able to execute a controlled shutdown.

realy hopes that this is the case

hmm if they are both a sleep, I wonder wich god send the message server going down.

It looks like the server did it itself, as anti stated. That's happened before.

Guest Fire

finished all my works as soon as possible...

quickly double click el.......

and what did i see ???? "cannot connect to server"

sigh.... i need my el back......................

hmm if they are both a sleep, I wonder wich god send the message server going down.

It looks like the server did it itself, as anti stated. That's happened before.

Does that mean we have been wiped to last #save or not? B)

The system still responds to pings which rules out hardware issue (such as ACPI BIOS seeing CPU fan at 0rpm and telling ACPI enabled OS to shutdown (still controlled))... indicating (but certainly not confirming) a problem with the EL server software, which i find scarier than any problem originating outside the EL software itself...

also possibly explaining the lack of official word; if a CPU fan or HDD dies, or some library the EL server software relies on has problems, it is presumably easier to fix than some "shouldn't be happening" problem with EL iself.

But dont worry, i'm just trying to occupy my brain by considering all these little scenarios in an attempt to stop the twitching and jerking... B)

The system still responds to pings which rules out hardware issue (such as ACPI BIOS seeing CPU fan at 0rpm and telling ACPI enabled OS to shutdown (still controlled))... indicating (but certainly not confirming) a problem with the EL server software, which i find scarier than any problem originating outside the EL software itself...

also possibly explaining the lack of official word; if a CPU fan or HDD dies, or some library the EL server software relies on has problems, it is presumably easier to fix than some "shouldn't be happening" problem with EL iself.

But dont worry, i'm just trying to occupy my brain by considering all these little scenarios in an attempt to stop the twitching and jerking... B)

Then think nice thoughts, its just as likly the system had to reboot, and the el servers startup script was not set to autorun. There is no point in scaremongering.

We have regular backups, and a controlled shutdown.

Now give me a uncontrolled shutdown and then Ill worry.

*reads thread*

Arghhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! B)

Need EL.... NOW

*Goes insane and wanders of looking for tree mushrooms*

Whatever you do, DON'T PUT RANDOM MUSHROOMS IN YOUR FOOD IN REAL LIFE! My friend's granny went for a walk, found some mushrooms along the way and put them on a soup. Pretty bad food poisoning.

Guest ohmygod

*gives anti an uncontrolled shutdown* B)

Is this sort of like what that skellie was doing to him?

Guest Fire

arrgghh... server still not online yet.....

and i just reset this morning....

i need to go back to el to train.. or else i wouldnt ever kill lucifer..... (duh.... though if i train now.. i still can't see when i can kill lucifer.. maybe 100 years later... B) )