Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

Draw your EL character contest!

Woah, what a bunch of creative players roaming EL!

I've also done mine. It's "me" (a bit idealised, I admit) harvesting Tree Mushroom. I've just started, and that's why I don't look quite unhappy :) .

I've used Photoshop over a mobile-phone pic (I have no scanner :) ). I'm gonna have to leave it this blurry... Sorry.

helagurmh7.jpg

And the *direct link* to the image.

One word, Wow. :o

:) wow

BleedingSoul, for someone who can't draw, that's freakin' good....I think maybe you need to say now that you CAN draw :)

Helagur, whoa :-O

TBH, some things even looked better on the actual drawing and went missing in the scan.

And I really really really did my very best to get this result.

-Blee

bleeding try to color it with photoshop, then u can stil change some things u know :)

I actually wanted to design it in Black & White, thats why I didn't color it before scanning. And also the reason why I printed my screenie in Black & White and not in colors. And I am not very familiar with PhotoShop anyway. :)

-Blee

my favorite so far is definitly Helaqur's...that is just beautiful, and i like the blurryness, it just has a really nice way of setting..i don't know how to explain, but it truely is amazing :)

great work!

Thanx guys for your praises... :wacko:

So yes, in case you want to know, I used a screenie as a guide.

You can compare it here:

screenog5.jpg

The only thing I copied from the screenie, was the pattern in the chest. The rest was remade, as you can see: The location, "me", and even the mushroom type :-P .

If I was good at photoshopping, I'd change the oval of the face, and the symmetry, and the hands, the shadowing...

Anyway, thanks for liking my drawing, I'm really flattered!

(I'm sorry if I interrupted the rhythm of the contest with this clarification. Keep posting pictures! I really like them! )

So many great entries. Woah!

Gretha's is amazing.

Usually I shouldn't have worked on the concept further. Rendering it to death won't make the concept any better ...

still all the other ideas I had are more appropriate for comics. Not for portraits.

I just can't seem to get texture and details right. Still I'm pretty happy.

Turned out more colorful this time.

I am always afraid of comments ... but yes I think I want to hear them if anybody has the time.

Used Gimp/mouse ...

aylott_noframe.jpg

used Paint/mouse ...

aylott_votd.jpg

used a pencil and colored it in The Gimp with a mouse again ...

aylott_pencil_colored.jpg

the pure-pencil-piece ...

Pencil Version Link

Edited by Aylott

Here is my most recent version. Almost pure microsoft paint. Original sketches were covered by a grid and transposed onto paint.

Earl5.png

Aylott, your one is my favourite, it makes me smile.

Some of those pictures are really nice! :P A lot of talent here. Until now I like helagurs, sistemas and Grethas the most. :)

(Just a note: It might help if you add a thumbnail into your post, so its easier to find good ones between the spam... err text. Most places where you can upload pictures, have the option of thumbnail, full picture or regular link.)

Thanks for the comments guys!

Wow Earl. Really cool! The background adds so much to the char alone.

Are you an artist? The way you do the shading and the palette look professional IMO.

And yes ... who is that meanie??

Had to try paint too after that pic. It was fun ... didn't think it would be!

Guess where this takes place ...

[edit]Put the image in the other post ... a few posts above this one[/edit]

Edited by Aylott

Heh Aylott I'm lmao :P your pics are really funny :P

Bleed who said that you can't draw??? :P I think that one was wrong :>

Earl your one is also cool especially with that guy behind you :P

and for me -> just because of you I can't learn for exams and just took my pencil in hand, well for some non portrait version, but I don't have time so I may put it in in a few days or so. But it ain't so good as I'd like too :/ :P.

Well at least I'll try to do my best :P see U in some days then :P. And keep drawin' you all :). It's great fun to watch all of this pics :(