Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

Draw your EL character contest!

foehammer & rip, those are stick figures!

Terena, yours is looking good colored! Put more shading into it, highlights and shadows. And give her a nose :P

Nice one, Sheesh! :D

Finished mine up. Took a while to finish coloring.

Well, I tried to make it EL-like as much as I could, but having just black for my clothes looked funny, so I had to add some (non-EL) stuff :D

This is my style of drawing, so if anyone says it's too cartoony or anime like, I'm just going to think they're jelous :P

I used a 0.5mm mechanical pencil; the one I use at school, lmao. But it's a great pencil and it's the best pencil I can write and draw with. Used an ordinary A4 piece of paper. Colored it in with Photoshop CS2, very nice job imho; cool shading. :D

Gonna show you the steps (B&W, Colored, Background) I did the picture in too.

I didn't use armour because I don't wear any in-game (except for a crown) unless I am fighting/training. This is what I usually walk around with (I have a Staff of Mage instead of that sword though).

And yes, the wind is blowing, so that's why my hair is all funny.. I didn't use hair gel or anything :P

fanartdraegoni03bsmallkz5.jpg

Original Size

fanartdraegoni03smallcl2.jpg

Original Size

fanartdraegoni03asmallog3.jpg

Original Size

I might do some last-minute editing, or I may not. So I can't say this is the final piece, but most likely it is.

Hope you like it! Critique would be nice :)

- Sistema Silverwish.

Edit: more info

Edited by sisteMa`

:D:P

dont take it personal.. i hate you for beeing so talented :P j/k

great pic.. now the cons.. no EL armor as far as i see :D (except the crown which is really nice)

but anyway.. its a great Pic.. im really jealous..

Greetings,

Fabi

Nice job sistema! To improve the face anatomy you can move the eye down wards towards the nose as right now it's too high on the forehead. Also, maybe make the skin have a little more red in it, just so it looks more flesh like.

Foehammer that's better :P

Try to work more on shading and cleaning up your lines. You can darken some lines that should be stronger or more in shadow.

Ok I'll get in with this one:

grethienvr6.jpg

It's made with pencil and scanned by very old and crapy scanner :P.

Made it more than year ago, so it's a bit old -> before that one nice-looking update with new faces in the game.

It's a portrait, so it's need to be compared with my-char look in the game:

grethaatmkt9.png

this one is only a skrinshot made for comparing (don't kill me for putting it in this post but I want to be sure that every1 looking at my portrait will know how my char looks in the game :D)

Well I made something smaller, but showing all char (not only face) in a different view (this time with brown eyes -> like after update with face-looks :))

Here it is:

greciasep0.png

Edited by Gretha

Oooo, nice one Gretha!

I wish I were so talented at drawing..

Unfortunatly, I am forced to try and draw myself with a very poor drawing talent and education. :D

I'm still working on mine, I've already spent 90 minutes on it and all I got is my head and my right arm. :P

But maybe that's a good sign, no?

-Blee

yup. since u have the face the rest goes by itself ;O

head is the hardest :)

why doesnt anybody like mine? try doing it in microsoft paint for yourself, its hard. for me anyways.

dont make fun of me for being unable to draw well!! btw sistema nice drawing :)

I ignore your tip Scarr.. Actually so far, my painting isn't coming out all that bad. When I ask my bro/dad to look at it and say what they think, I'm getting pretty positive replies.

And I never have been really good at drawing either, but I guess if you try hard and have quite a bit of spare time, you can still make something nice. :)

Oh yea and.. Rip, I don't know mate, but it looks to me like you can't even draw a straight line in paint.. If you can't even do that.. It's pretty bad.

-Blee

Elvarg your pics are nice! Try to use more shading in your coloring though. Like, for instance, press harder with the colored pencil(or whatever you're using to color it in), in places that should be darker, and press lighter in places that should have highlights and not be in shadow.

*faints* you actually answered. The steel armor will look better than all.:) I'll improve on them. Like your unicorn pic for your avatar...it has shadows that make it show dimension. I understand, but I still got a loong way to go to become a true artist.

Edited by ELVARG

Yea, Roja is a real artist. I'll be posting my drawing this afternoon/evening. But I need to go visit my brother to scan it. You will see that I made it with 1 pencil only. And that I did not shade anything.. This is because I finally managed to make a somewhat decent drawing, but now I'm scared to mess it up if I fail at the shading.

Be prepared. ;)

-Blee

Woah, what a bunch of creative players roaming EL!

I've also done mine. It's "me" (a bit idealised, I admit) harvesting Tree Mushroom. I've just started, and that's why I don't look quite unhappy :) .

I've used Photoshop over a mobile-phone pic (I have no scanner :D ). I'm gonna have to leave it this blurry... Sorry.

helagurmh7.jpg

And the *direct link* to the image.

Woah, what a bunch of creative players roaming EL!

I've also done mine. It's "me" (a bit idealised, I admit) harvesting Tree Mushroom. I've just started, and that's why I don't look quite unhappy :) .

I've used Photoshop over a mobile-phone pic (I have no scanner :) ). I'm gonna have to leave it this blurry... Sorry.

helagurmh7.jpg

And the *direct link* to the image.

One word, Wow. :o